• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

My Medium Anode doesnt overlap at all with the Soft Ion.

Uh, they're both putters with really high HSS. Sure the Anode fades less but it doesn't work for turnovers and hyzer flips, which is what I want my finesse putter to do. At this point I see the Anode replacing the Ion in my bag much more easily than the Anode replacing my base plastic putters.

you should have no problem flipping this with just a little effort, are you trying to and can't? The Anode is straight easy to do what you want with.

Last edited:
Uh, they're both putters with really high HSS. Sure the Anode fades less but it doesn't work for turnovers and hyzer flips, which is what I want my finesse putter to do. At this point I see the Anode replacing the Ion in my bag much more easily than the Anode replacing my base plastic putters.

I find the Anode to be a straight flier and my Ion to me much more overstable.

you should have no problem flipping this with just a little effort, are you trying to and can't? The Anode is straight easy to do what you want with.

Can I throw with anhyzer? Yes. Elicit high speed turn? No.

I'm not saying I'd expect this disc to replace my beat up DX Aviar, but I was hoping. To me, the MVP putters excel as a long range putter/mid hybrid, but don't provide as many line shaping options inside 200'. I'm carrying the Ion specifically because it's a nice overstable driving putter, but my traditional putters already work exceptionally well for me at short range.

After since my first horrible experience with the Anode, the have grown on me greatly. I absolutely love them for approaches and running the basket. I am beginning to dial them in for putting too. In my big bag I am still carrying my R-Pro Dart because I like the feel of R-Pro in my putters and they are great for long distance putting. However, in my small bag it is exclusively the Anode.

What I am waiting for is the Soft Glow.

However, in my small bag it is exclusively the Anode.

Exactly. My Wizard is in the Big bag.. I just don't want to put an MVP putter in the big one.. The small one has a Medium Anode and Ion.. I have a Medium Glow Ion and a backup Medium Anode just lying around though. Soft glow? Medium seems to be the favorite.

Man went up to the store today and damn if they hadn't sold all the damn Anode's there getting more when the softs come in next week hoping.

Can I throw with anhyzer? Yes. Elicit high speed turn? No.

I'm not saying I'd expect this disc to replace my beat up DX Aviar, but I was hoping. To me, the MVP putters excel as a long range putter/mid hybrid, but don't provide as many line shaping options inside 200'. I'm carrying the Ion specifically because it's a nice overstable driving putter, but my traditional putters already work exceptionally well for me at short range.

Anodes and Ions work amazing for shot shaping <200'. You just have to adjust speed/spin/angle as with any disc.

After since my first horrible experience with the Anode, the have grown on me greatly. I absolutely love them for approaches and running the basket. I am beginning to dial them in for putting too. In my big bag I am still carrying my R-Pro Dart because I like the feel of R-Pro in my putters and they are great for long distance putting. However, in my small bag it is exclusively the Anode.

Glad you have seen the light! Good runs today btw! Almost beat me to the first Anode ace!

Exactly. My Wizard is in the Big bag.. I just don't want to put an MVP putter in the big one.. The small one has a Medium Anode and Ion.. I have a Medium Glow Ion and a backup Medium Anode just lying around though. Soft glow? Medium seems to be the favorite.

Why would you not want to put an MVP putter in your big bag, especially if you have it in your smaller bag? :confused: Only two of us have weighed in so far on softs, and it's split 50/50 on what we prefer. So I wouldn't say the mediums are favorite quite yet.

Anodes and Ions work amazing for shot shaping <200'. You just have to adjust speed/spin/angle as with any disc.

Not saying they don't work well for what they do, but they won't fly understable at those distances until they've been beat in for a long time. They're more limited at short distances than base line plastics.

Not saying they don't work well for what they do, but they won't fly understable at those distances until they've been beat in for a long time. They're more limited at short distances than base line plastics.

I agree with this, and I'm really hoping they are still going to make a super glidey putter that is genuinely understable out of the box. I'm lucky enough to have a seasoned FR that works well for this, otherwise I'd have to throw harder or at different angles than I want to. I will say that my green 170 soft Anode is a pretty dang neutral flyer, even at shorter distances.

So, from the sounds of it, your softs are flying like mine. My regulars, however, have almost no fade to them AT ALL. So maybe I just got some weird regulars. Either way, my softs are more LSS than my regulars by a long shot.

I don't think the softs necessarily have more LSS than the regulars, I think it just seems like that because they are faster with more glide. The regulars drop a lot faster than the softs, so they come down straight and drop before the LSS really kicks in. The softs hold their altitude more and are faster, so when they fade they get more lift while doing so and manage to move farther forward and to the left (rhbh).

I am more accurate and get a smoother, straighter all-around flight with my heavy reg Anode than with my softs. That being said, the softs are significantly longer and capable of some sick lines. My lighter soft is the longest putter I've ever driven...It truly goes as far when I air it out as any of my other MVP discs. My heavier softs still fly considerably farther than any of my regs, just not as far as the 170g. All the soft Anodes fly awesome on an anhyzer, gliding out much farther than the regs. Once again, the 170g green is the king of this shot.

I can safely say that my green 170 soft Anode is already in the bag. It compliments my 174 reg Anode perfectly. I'm going to keep messing with the heavier softs as well, but I just don't want to confuse myself by having too many driving putters in the bag.

I agree with this, and I'm really hoping they are still going to make a super glidey putter that is genuinely understable out of the box. I'm lucky enough to have a seasoned FR that works well for this, otherwise I'd have to throw harder or at different angles than I want to. I will say that my green 170 soft Anode is a pretty dang neutral flyer, even at shorter distances.

Yeah, I'd like a straight up understable putter as well. I find so much use for them on the course...

I have kept my Summits in the bag over my Anode, solely because I get more options between my Ions and Summits that I find that the Anode gets neglected. If MVP were to release a true understable putter, I'd be all over it. I love hyzer flipping putters out of the box.

I am really enjoying my soft Anode's. They feel much better to me than the regulars, especially on putts.

I've been playing a few rounds with no Ions in the bag to see how these do on putts and drives. Very accurate and excellent glide. These are probably the most accurate and easy to control discs I've thrown. The extra glide is nice for shorter shots, especially on hyzer lines. These hang in the air on a hyzer throw longer than Ions do. Held a straight line on max power throws no problem at all, and is useful for shaping a lot of different lines for drives in general.

If you've seen the Anode Testing video I did, playing the same course with my softs, the first time through I drove the 170g green 10' behind 8's basket on a hyzer line, just a bit short of an ace run, then put the same Anode 2' behind the basket on #9 throwing a tall, hard turning anhyzer. Like the Axis I feel like this disc has extremely little learning curve...it's just very precise and controllable and responds well to however you try to throw it.

I don't know what my putter setup is going to look like long term but for now I'm going to putt with my 170g green soft Anode, and use it and the heavier ones for drives. After spending some time with them I'll probably decide on which heavier one to bag, and add a 175 S Ion to compliment the two Anode's. Pretty set on putting with them, they feel really nice going into the chains.