• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I heard from a little bird that the soft Anodes are a little less HSS on drives than the regular plastic ones...Mine should arrive any day for corroboration and thorough testing.

Sorry I'm late to the party, haven't been on in a few days...

I don't know what my putter setup is going to look like long term but for now I'm going to putt with my 170g green soft Anode, and use it and the heavier ones for drives. After spending some time with them I'll probably decide on which heavier one to bag, and add a 175 S Ion to compliment the two Anode's. Pretty set on putting with them, they feel really nice going into the chains.

Haven't thrown a soft yet, but this is exactly what I expected my bag to look like once i threw the mediums. Can't wait for softs!:popcorn:

I am really enjoying my soft Anode's. They feel much better to me than the regulars, especially on putts.

I've been playing a few rounds with no Ions in the bag to see how these do on putts and drives. Very accurate and excellent glide. These are probably the most accurate and easy to control discs I've thrown. The extra glide is nice for shorter shots, especially on hyzer lines. These hang in the air on a hyzer throw longer than Ions do. Held a straight line on max power throws no problem at all, and is useful for shaping a lot of different lines for drives in general.

If you've seen the Anode Testing video I did, playing the same course with my softs, the first time through I drove the 170g green 10' behind 8's basket on a hyzer line, just a bit short of an ace run, then put the same Anode 2' behind the basket on #9 throwing a tall, hard turning anhyzer. Like the Axis I feel like this disc has extremely little learning curve...it's just very precise and controllable and responds well to however you try to throw it.

I don't know what my putter setup is going to look like long term but for now I'm going to putt with my 170g green soft Anode, and use it and the heavier ones for drives. After spending some time with them I'll probably decide on which heavier one to bag, and add a 175 S Ion to compliment the two Anode's. Pretty set on putting with them, they feel really nice going into the chains.

Good to see you're alive and kicking...I'm absolutely loving the softs. Today I spent a whole lot of time putting in my yard and I think I'm going to try and start putting with the softs. They just seem to glide so much more with just a little pop. I was even putting them side by side with soft Ions and the Ions were noticeably slower.

The regs drop faster and seem to resist spin. The softs, if given a certain amount of spin, go much farther without losing height. The softs also move more in either direction if given a little anny or hyzer.

The regs drop faster and seem to resist spin. The softs, if given a certain amount of spin, go much farther without losing height. The softs also move more in either direction if given a little anny or hyzer.

Hmmm... That's a lot to consider. I might have to pick between a Soft Anode or Soft Ion.. That sucks because I want sooooo many discs haha.

Looks like I'll go for soft Anode for main putting duties. Cannot wait! At least better than say Innova/DC where they have so many putter molds and plastics to choose from!

Been putting in the backyard 50ft and in with sss/ss wizards, Med anode, soft/Med ion, and jk aviars. I know the ion is compared to the wizard, but at these distances the anode and the wizard fly super similar lines while the ions and jks have noticeably more fade. At 25-30 feet I feel like I am aiming slightly right of the pole with the anode and wizards while the jk and ions are much more towards the right side of the chains. Any thoughts?

I do like how the anode takes less energy to make it to the basket.

Been putting in the backyard 50ft and in with sss/ss wizards, Med anode, soft/Med ion, and jk aviars. I know the ion is compared to the wizard, but at these distances the anode and the wizard fly super similar lines while the ions and jks have noticeably more fade. At 25-30 feet I feel like I am aiming slightly right of the pole with the anode and wizards while the jk and ions are much more towards the right side of the chains. Any thoughts?

I do like how the anode takes less energy to make it to the basket.

Aim further left? :|

Friend hit an ace at league today with an Anode he traded someone for right before the round. Glad I wasn't there to see it and break down, due to being so close myself then see someone get it first round with the disc), and not having to pay him $5.

The soft Anode is working great as my new putter. After putting with regs/meds for quite some time I must admit that these do stick in the basket noticeably better. For whatever reason I find that the soft Anodes do not need much more spin than the regs, yet carry further on the same line and height. They also drop fairly straight, where soft Ions fade as they drop.

I like the reg Anodes, but the softs are something truly special. I can't say for sure, but I'm so enamored with the softs currently I don't know if I'll end up with anything else in my bag in terms of putters.

Tried out my medium Ion for the first time tonight and was pretty happy with the result. I can't wait for my softs to arrive this week since I prefer a softer putter. This will probably replace the Ion in my bag.

all of a sudden i'm having major putting problems with my ions, i've gone back to my beat pro pig and i'm putting much better with it. it's like i know that these discs will be superior to the ion for putts and my body wants to be ready.

I'm finally starting to see the LSS you were talking about UPS...I think I was getting a tiny bit of OAT initially that was masking it a bit and making them fly straighter for me. I was throwing all three of mine on a lot of short holes and I was spinning them more and arming them less. With a lot of spin they are quite HSS and LSS, yet still hold any micro amount of anny I give them. They do fade strong enough that I was having trouble getting zero turn zero fade shots under 300'. I'm looking forward to getting one of these broken in.

Putting-wise I'm absolutely killing it with the softs now. I haven't been putting this good in a while. Ever since I started watching Mike C putting soft Ions like nothing from way outside I started thinking that I might really be missing something throwing the stiffer versions. The new soft Ions were just a little too overstable for my putt (I had to work them anny for a straight putt), but these soft Anodes are perfect. Over the regs from my straddle stance I'm getting another 10' of standstill distance and 20-30' extra d on jump putts. I'm liking the 175s currently as they are little less OAT and nose angle sensitive, though I've been practicing with the 170 as well as I could see myself using it more as I get more comfortable with my release.

I'm finally starting to see the LSS you were talking about UPS...I think I was getting a tiny bit of OAT initially that was masking it a bit and making them fly straighter for me. I was throwing all three of mine on a lot of short holes and I was spinning them more and arming them less. With a lot of spin they are quite HSS and LSS, yet still hold any micro amount of anny I give them. They do fade strong enough that I was having trouble getting zero turn zero fade shots under 300'. I'm looking forward to getting one of these broken in.

Putting-wise I'm absolutely killing it with the softs now. I haven't been putting this good in a while. Ever since I started watching Mike C putting soft Ions like nothing from way outside I started thinking that I might really be missing something throwing the stiffer versions. The new soft Ions were just a little too overstable for my putt (I had to work them anny for a straight putt), but these soft Anodes are perfect. Over the regs from my straddle stance I'm getting another 10' of standstill distance and 20-30' extra d on jump putts. I'm liking the 175s currently as they are little less OAT and nose angle sensitive, though I've been practicing with the 170 as well as I could see myself using it more as I get more comfortable with my release.

I knew I wasn't crazy! :p:rolleyes: Ok maybe a little...

As for putting with softs vs mediums. At this moment softs have the spot for the extra grip in the sub freezing temps, but once it warms up I'm going to be doing a lot of putting with the two to see who gets the spot.

Last edited: