• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

So consensus is med anodes for main putting, softs for driving?

Soft Ion vs Soft Anode then?? Or Will my 2 Medium Ion's and 2 Medium Anode's be fine? How do you even become a tester for MVP??

I think I am going to pick me up a Anode tomorrow to try it out. It's been awhile since I bought a new putter that wasn't a Wizard and traded for an soft Ion today so by the time it gets here ill have tested out the Anode and if I like it pick up a softie. any variance in color?

discspeed did say he was liking his red one for driving more... i think.. don't take my word on that. just go find discspeeds comments

discspeed did say he was liking his red one for driving more... i think.. don't take my word on that. just go find discspeeds comments

He said it was because of weight. Pay attention to the weights if there are any differences.

Looks like the Softs will hit the stores next week, according to MVP's facebook! I haven't gotten any mediums yet, looks like the timing is going to be right to get some softs like I wanted more anyways!

I threw my soft Anodes a whole bunch more yesterday. They really don't differ too much based on weight...The 170 flies very similarly to the heavy ones I have. There is no real stability difference. Also, these things are pretty darn HSS. If you give them a bit of turn they will hold it, but they do not flip up flat from hyzer (even into headwinds). I've thrown my reg Anodes so much that it's going to take a bit of adjustment as I was overthrowing all the baskets at doubles yesterday with the softs.

Are you not getting a lot of LSS, Discspeed?

What do you mean by a lot? I've been primarily throwing them flat, and they fade late. I think my Ions fade harder/more. The softs do have more LSS than 2nd run soft Ions, but not necessarily more than my reg Anodes. On shots 250' or so I've been throwing them with just a touch of anny and they turn, fade, and land straight.

Sounds as though I'd like Regs better than Softs. I've liked my S Ions, so I hope I like Reg flexibility okay.

On shots 250' or so I've been throwing them with just a touch of anny and they turn, fade, and land straight.

Hmm, that's a little disappointing. I was really hoping this sucker would have a nice slow turn! It's sounding more and more like they've just created a disc that overlaps with the Ion pretty heavily, rather than releasing a nice complimenting pair, a la the Vector and Axis.

Regardless, sounds nice. I'm sure non-beaded putter fans will snatch these up. As it stands, I'm mostly using my Ion for drives and long hyzer approaches anyway. I'll have to snatch up an Anode and see if I can retire the Ion...

So, from the sounds of it, your softs are flying like mine. My regulars, however, have almost no fade to them AT ALL. So maybe I just got some weird regulars. Either way, my softs are more LSS than my regulars by a long shot.

Hmm, that's a little disappointing. I was really hoping this sucker would have a nice slow turn! It's sounding more and more like they've just created a disc that overlaps with the Ion pretty heavily, rather than releasing a nice complimenting pair, a la the Vector and Axis.

Regardless, sounds nice. I'm sure non-beaded putter fans will snatch these up. As it stands, I'm mostly using my Ion for drives and long hyzer approaches anyway. I'll have to snatch up an Anode and see if I can retire the Ion...

My Medium Anode doesnt overlap at all with the Soft Ion.