• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

Agree completely.

I don't understand what the *need* is for a baseline plastic that everyone is talking about. Part of what differentiates MVP is higher quality, IMHO. Why sacrifice that for the sake of selling a $9-10 disc vs a $13-15 disc??

Doesn't make sense.... Too much effort for too little reward.

:thmbup:

soft neutron (if in production) > any baseline plastic ever

new image posted.. what is "ENVY" now??

hu2v.png

This confirms Neutron plastic :D

Also that Axiom might be the plastic.. apparently they put the plastic type on the rim now?

2 new discs? Envy (Distance Driver?) and Alias (Over-stable putter?)

Last edited:
Plus, Proton and Neutron retail closer to $17+.

You're overpaying on those... If you shop around, there's much better deals to be had. I've never paid that price for either of plastics at retail. Ever.

I see your perspective on the other points. Again, I just don't think it's on MVP's radar. They seem to be content on offering premium blends only. And, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

They're latest release, the Servo, sold out fairly quickly at lots of places, especially in the lighter weights. So, what's the incentive if people are buying up all their runs right now? That's all I'm saying....

Agree completely.

I don't understand what the *need* is for a baseline plastic that everyone is talking about. Part of what differentiates MVP is higher quality, IMHO. Why sacrifice that for the sake of selling a $9-10 disc vs a $13-15 disc??

baseline would be nice if it had better grip in the cold and rain. Sometimes my soft ions don't feel great in the bad weather.

You're overpaying on those... If you shop around, there's much better deals to be had. I've never paid that price for either of plastics at retail. Ever.

I see your perspective on the other points. Again, I just don't think it's on MVP's radar. They seem to be content on offering premium blends only. And, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

They're latest release, the Servo, sold out fairly quickly at lots of places, especially in the lighter weights. So, what's the incentive if people are buying up all their runs right now? That's all I'm saying....

where?

Most online stores are around $16.

the bead on my soft N ion looks new still. Im not sure there is a more durable plastic. Its like a premium vibram kind of disc. love it'

Agree completely.

DERP DEE DERP A LERP........

because baseline putters work. premi putters dont.

goodness.

so now we see the neutron symbol at the top, an intricate stamp design with axiom at the right and alias to the right of axiom

I'm convinced this is Glow Neutron (the same way Eclipse is also referenced as Glow Proton) and we're also seeing names of two new molds now.

Yes, this is just speculation on my part. But, would make sense to combine two technologies and offerings they already have. Less overhead, more profit.

Has anyone suggested Axiom might refer to the overmold plastic itself? Perhaps the base plastic isn't the core. If they backtrack and refer to the rubber overmold specifically as "Gyro" they can have a base putter overmold for chain grabbing. And a different plastic overmold could allow them to easily create different colors.

So the teaser flight plates are stamped for Neutron core, Axiom overmold.

And Envy and Alias are likely the first new discs to have the Axiom overmold.

Just my thoughts.

More market share/customers. I think that is kinda obvious.

Thank you. It's not that hard. I throw a ton of MVP, so don't try and put the hater card on me, either. I just think they would benefit from a base plastic, even if fans on here are content with their current blends.

As for me overpaying for Neutron and Proton, where are you shopping?

Servo prices online:

Disc Golf Store: $19.99 (free shipping)
Community Discs: $16 (with shipping)
Marshall Street: $22 (with shipping, unless I want to spend $50)
Disc Golf Center: $16.99 (free shipping)

I don't get all the people saying it's a new plastic. Wouldn't the next blend be called Electron?

Has anyone suggested Axiom might refer to the overmold plastic itself? Perhaps the base plastic isn't the core. If they backtrack and refer to the rubber overmold specifically as "Gyro" they can have a base putter overmold for chain grabbing. And a different plastic overmold could allow them to easily create different colors.

So the teaser flight plates are stamped for Neutron core, Axiom overmold.

And Envy and Alias are likely the first new discs to have the Axiom overmold.

Just my thoughts.

Agree, and Envy doesn't fit into any of our categories.. a Distance Driver maybe? :D