• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

At the expense of product quality? Some companies aren't willing to make that trade.

Explain to me how using a new plastic sacrifices quality. Just because a disc uses a baseline plastic does not make it inferior in quality.

I have never thought to myself that: I made more putts when my putter was baseline. Recently bagged wizards along size my ions and the feel of the wizard alone made me feel bad about putting.. its all tore up, warped, looks like hell (so called sweet spot?!) and was far from grippy even in the "eraser blend"

And don't talk to me about grip in the cold or wet... they all suck.

Last edited:
At the expense of product quality? Some companies aren't willing to make that trade.

So are you saying MVP could not make a quality base plastic? I'm not sure this argument holds up. Or are you saying that base plastic is lower quality so they have no incentive? I still think their market share would vastly increase with a lower priced entry-level plastic.

Just because we forum nerds don't see the need for it doesn't mean it can't be successful.

I have never thought to myself that: I made more putts when my putter was baseline. Recently bagged wizards along size my ions and the feel of the wizard alone made me feel bad about putting.. its all tore up, warped, looks like hell (so called sweet spot?!) and was far from grippy even in the "eraser blend"

And don't talk to me about grip in the cold or wet... they all suck.

That's you. You are one player. There are thousands of disc golfers who use baseline putters. It's all mental, and some people aren't willing to mess with a premium putter simply for that reason.

right. that doesn't mean their baseline putter is better at catching the chains or improving performance. Its the "norm" but if you took a top level athletes gear and compared it to whats available for the general public and there is a HUGE difference in quality across the board in all "sports"...

Baseline is just cheap. There is no evidence supporting any benefits in performance.

Maybe MVP should make an inside-out putter. Soft flightplate for improved grip with a hard outer shell for advanced durability...

right. that doesn't mean their baseline putter is better at catching the chains or improving performance. Its the "norm" but if you took a top level athletes gear and compared it to whats available for the general public and there is a HUGE difference in quality across the board in all "sports"...

Baseline is just cheap. There is no evidence supporting any benefits in performance.

name me one top pro that putts with a premium plastic putter. Name one. and im not talking some local db. im talking 1020 or higher rated.

I don't get all the people saying it's a new plastic. Wouldn't the next blend be called Electron?

That would be the logical choice. On the internet, however, people tend to post ideas without thinking them through first. Many of these speculations are based more on what people want to happen, not what they actually observed from the pictures MVP has been posting

A plastic like soft neutron is a better focus IMO. Or plastics like 400g/s which are of premium quality but provide extremely good grip/shape retention. New polymers are created all the time as well and no way disc golf companies have experimented in all the possible combinations which could yield superior products.

Its like buying car tires-- you truly get what you pay for in regards to lifetime and performance.

I've never been on the "baseline catches better" train of thought. I think it is just a feel and grip thing for most people, which is hugely mental. Hence why I think a base plastic would be successful.

I've never been on the "baseline catches better" train of thought. I think it is just a feel and grip thing for most people, which is hugely mental. Hence why I think a base plastic would be successful.

I'm in the baseline feels better, sticks to the chains better, grips better in poor conditions, and breaks in better camp. Opinions are like b-holes though. We all have them, and they all stink.

A plastic like soft neutron is a better focus IMO. Or plastics like 400g/s which are of premium quality but provide extremely good grip/shape retention. New polymers are created all the time as well and no way disc golf companies have experimented in all the possible combinations which could yield superior products.

Its like buying car tires-- you truly get what you pay for in regards to lifetime and performance.

Im waiting on the name drop Aim. who, at the top level of our sport uses a premium plastic putter for putting. please. tell me. and if you say Mike C. I may slit my throat.

name me one top pro that putts with a premium plastic putter. Name one. and im not talking some local db. im talking 1020 or higher rated.

While your question is legit there isn't much background to base it on.. Putters come in baseline plastic for the most part without any single mold being released to my knowledge excusivly in premium plastic. When pures were only in base all people wanted were opto's... same with requests for champ verisons of innova's popular molds and so on-- they must work for someone and some shots.

so... name me a popular putter only in premium plastic and exclusively used?

Ion is the only one I can think of so until there are not a ton of wannabe disc posers throwing what every other "champ" does its going to be what its going to be.

How many 1020 rated or higher are using current baseline putters not special blends or runs or mold etc? Doubt many. Hell McBeast HAS HIS OWN PUTTER and BLEND...

yup

It's just the grip in poor conditions that I want.