• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

if there was a baseline ion i bet more people would try it.

true. a beat up neutron ion feels just like a stiff wizard blend though.

Brand new its scary but so were "grip" line pures that were slick as snot when fresh off the shelf. Worn down for a few rounds and MMMM. Still not sure why they stopped that plastic but current runs are similar.

Would it be possible for this thread to be about the Axiom before it gets landfilled because of flamewars? We're moving down that path again.

Would it be possible for this thread to be about the Axiom before it gets landfilled because of flamewars? We're moving down that path again.

There isn't any flame war going on, and this thread has been nothing but speculation heaped on top of more speculation. We are just keeping with that illustrious reputation.

As far as MVP pros.

Watching the way Mike C plays, i can see him competing in the top 25 by next year. It all depends on the dedication though, he may not have any interest in traveling to majors or going on tour. He definitely has the potential though. Playing under pressure is a whole different feeling from casual rounds too.

Get this man an MVP distance driver!

Are you basing this entirely off his videos, or have you actually thrown a round with him?

There isn't any flame war going on, and this thread has been nothing but speculation heaped on top of more speculation. We are just keeping with that illustrious reputation.

It has not yet become one. But the tones seem to be there.

It's obvious from these threads that there is demand for baseline offerings from MVP. Therefore, MVP's customers currently have an unmet demand for baseline discs.

how do we gauge this "demand" though from a business perspective and to be profitable venture for such a small company?

if filling the demands take up more time and are less profitable for everyone involved (remember there is no MVP-proshop) They want retailers to succeed in selling their products as much as we want them to be made in this thread-- muuuuuuuuuuch different business style that other companies IMO. Also a better one i would argue which Lat. initially was going down that road but blown into a Euronnova basically-- and its working but different style of business and growth plans etc.

Its like Remax vs me-- they want as many agents as possible and quality is much less important than quantity in the big scheme of things but local offices need quality agents to succeed and maintain the business not just a bunch of people there paying dues.

It has not yet become one. But the tones seem to be there.

Nah, this is all par for the course. Friendly discussion.

Plus, I kinda feel like this is what people get for making a thread before there is any information available. :p

how do we gauge this "demand" though from a business perspective and to be profitable venture for such a small company?

if filling the demands take up more time and are less profitable for everyone involved (remember there is no MVP-proshop) They want retailers to succeed in selling their products as much as we want them to be made in this thread-- muuuuuuuuuuch different business style that other companies IMO. Also a better one i would argue which Lat. initially was going down that road but blown into a Euronnova basically-- and its working but different style of business and growth plans etc.

Its like Remax vs me-- they want as many agents as possible and quality is much less important than quantity in the big scheme of things but local offices need quality agents to succeed and maintain the business not just a bunch of people there paying dues.

why are you against a disc that a lot of people want. is it to keep the best players from wanting to throw these discs?

Friendly discussion.

Plus, I kinda feel like this is what people get for making a thread before there is any information available. :p

True and true. :)

The only thing that is CERTAIN in this thread, is that I'm sure it is HUGELY entertaining for the MVP folks to read :D

why are you against a disc that a lot of people want. is it to keep the best players from wanting to throw these discs?

not against anything but if it was a venture worth diving into I imagine we will see it sooner than later. just not a huge focus IMO from current standpoint and production.

..Why are you against a disc that no pros have tried to use yet as being a legit putting putter?

Last edited:
not against anything but if it was a venture worth diving into I imagine we will see it sooner than later. just not a huge focus IMO from current standpoint and production.

..Why are you against a disc that no pros have tried to use yet as being a legit putting putter?

because I have tried it. and it sucks as a putter.

I believe Nikko gave Ions a shot before the season started last year. They obviously didn't make the bag. The fact that so many top pros last year had the chance to try and throw anything that tickled their fancy, and none carried MVP, should count for something.

I'm not saying that MVP is garbage. I wish nothing but the best for the brothers. I just think people need to stop acting like they're changing the game when they're really just another disc manufacturer.

it sucks as a putter. its a good disc. but the plastic does not feel good for putting. and they spit out.

While not a "top" pro yet, according to a recent CCDG ITB video, Peter McBride putts with a Proline Titanic.

I believe Nikko gave Ions a shot before the season started last year. They obviously didn't make the bag. The fact that so many top pros last year had the chance to try and throw anything that tickled their fancy, and none carried MVP, should count for something.

I'm not saying that MVP is garbage. I wish nothing but the best for the brothers. I just think people need to stop acting like they're changing the game when they're really just another disc manufacturer.

have you read the gstar threads? Yeah, and we're the fanboys

QFT
The first part I hadn't even thought about but that is rather interesting. I would really like to hear some pros give honest reviews of other companies discs....prolly will not ever official happen.

have you read the gstar threads? Yeah, and we're the fanboys

we are on DGCR...we are all Fanboys of some sort. but as far as the site goes....MVP definitely has the most ridiculous fanboy base (imo).

Latest posts