• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

The Axis is probably a bit more 'punishing' of bad form, if you're looking for the "disc as teacher" of the two. Although I'd say it's more rewarding of good form. Neither are the type of disc to turn into a total disaster on a bad throw, the way the Comet and the like will.

I'd say go with your gut and bag the Axis for starters, since it's comfortable in the grip for you. That leads to a good mindset pre-shot, and 90% of this game is half mental .

Beautiful

I've rekindled my love for the Axis.

Had been going back and forth between an Alias / Tangent combo and an Axis / beat Axis combo.

Love all three molds and could go either way, or even carry all three....

But I've been having some amazing shots with my Axis since I switched back to that combo.

First time throwing #13 at Hornets Nest and I bounce off the inner rim for a near ace.

Threw Reedy Creek my first time and demolished half the course with the beat Axis alone, it was sick (Filmed a few of the shots too!)

The NC courses are way more technical than the typical OH course, and the beat Axis has been a godsend out here. Something about the wide diameter seems to give it an edge in glide over the more narrow mids. The beat one in particular is so fun to throw, its a lot like a Comet with a slight edge in handling power, wind and low ceilings. Enough glide to hit 400' 10/10 times in the field, and will hold a slight anny release to the ground every time.

Hope the Reedy Creek footage turned out good because there were some nice shots there yesterday...

Axis of Evil! :hfive:

The Alias never worked for me, and I think you captured it...not just glidier (the Axis,) but it's capable of more subtle manipulation. The Alias may be 'forgiving,' but you can't work the subtle drift lines, etc, as well.

The more control I get, the better the Axis gets.

I did the same for about a week and found that the vector was really the disc I missed.

I love being able to just rip it hard as hell and it flies without any turn but a nice late fade. The axis just doesn't have the same wind resistance and glides out on a right turn to get the distance vs riding straighter like a vector does.

Depending on the course I could see switching them out but am really enjoying the predictability of the vector back in my bag -- (specially for short touch flex shot lines which none of the other MVP discs can preform) Not sure how I got by without one for so long but it made me really dial in the tangent so wasn't a bad thing just, stupid lol.

Mike -- are you only using a resistor then and no tensor/vector for the slower OS role being you bag the credo putter?

My Axis got booted for the Comet but I also carry the Alias. The lack of glide is what I love about the Alias. I use it on 90% of my upshots within 200 feet or so. The Alias just dies at the end so I give it a lot of power (which it can handle) and I rarely overshoot the basket. And the fade is so subtle that even if I miss to the left it drops with 10-15 feet of the basket.

I tell my buddy the thing has air breaks on it. I should put a bumper sticker on it that says, "I break for Chains".

Putting a sticker on a disc would make it illegal for PDGA sanctioned tournaments.:wall::doh:. If I found your disc while pond diving and it had a sticker on it I would not return it to you.:mad: I would call you to tell you I'm keeping it and then I would give it to an orphan, preferably a vegan orphan.:clap:

Putting a sticker on a disc would make it illegal for PDGA sanctioned tournaments.:wall::doh:. If I found your disc while pond diving and it had a sticker on it I would not return it to you.:mad: I would call you to tell you I'm keeping it and then I would give it to an orphan, preferably a vegan orphan.:clap:

Well that's kinda mean. He just likes the alias man. No need to be a bummer. Maybe you were joking.

I don't use it in tournaments because that makes it too easy to win and I like a little bit of a challenge.

If you find my disc with the sticker on it you can't return it too me because I don't have my name on it. It's like the one ring to rule them all. If it wants to go, can't stop it.

I would love it if you have it to an orphan but I draw the line at a vegan. That's just wrong. If they can't figure out humans have to have a Big Mac at least once a week, they certainly don't need to be throwing around a highly dangerous weapons like a disc golf disc.

Think at least half my shots were with an Axis at this course. Learning to favor mids more and more out here in NC.

Almost had a 175 foot "field ace" with my Axis today. It was such a pure flight. Beautiful. Hate to say it, but the Tangent rides the pine these days. It's all Axis again, just like the old days.

Just bagged a fresh Axis to cycle in with my beat ones. First sparkle Axis :D

Attachments

• tmp_IMAG04252006425509.jpg
    tmp_IMAG04252006425509.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 54
My Axis, ever faithful, flies pure and true. I will not leave you behind again, my friend.

Didn't realize there was an Axis thread; my gosh do I love this thing. It's nice and accurate and a great disc for off the tee on most of the courses in the Upstate. I don't use it as much in the field because usually I'm within putter/tweener range off the tee, but still my main disc in the bag.