• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

You'll be fine.

Axis are just straight shooters for the most part out of the box. It's not like fr shocks or volts or anything.

theyre straight for you? mine are pretty flippy. well i guess thats bound to happen when im slangin them out there to 350 consistently. there ok discs, much more distance potential in a buzz

theyre straight for you? mine are pretty flippy. well i guess thats bound to happen when im slangin them out there to 350 consistently. there ok discs, much more distance potential in a buzz

I haven't thrown them in a while, but I don't recall ever having a flippy axis. *shrug*

Have you ever thrown MVP discs?

Well, any disc that's been thrown for three years, like a FR Axis, is not going to fly nearly the same as it did when new. As was mentioned, you'll be fine picking up a new one, but it will be more stable than your FR. Actually that would make a great one-two setup.

(Unless your FR was overly stable, like the more domey orange ones)

what did i just say? i throw the axis 350. can you read? if you need ill record a an audio clip of it if you are illiterate.

I read that you trash talk MVP discs a lot. You've been very helpful on other threads though, like the Stalker thread. I see that Mike C throws an Axis well over 400' without flipping, so it's either that you need to work on your form, or you just like to hate on MVP.

I'm not claiming to be an authority on distance for the Axis, when I had one, I was only getting it to 280' on a golf line. It was never flippy for me though unless I strong armed it.

I read that you trash talk MVP discs a lot. You've been very helpful on other threads though, like the Stalker thread. I see that Mike C throws an Axis well over 400' without flipping, so it's either that you need to work on your form, or you just like to hate on MVP.

I'm not claiming to be an authority on distance for the Axis, when I had one, I was only getting it to 280' on a golf line. It was never flippy for me though unless I strong armed it.

oh i was talking 350 on a roller i cant throw that far in the air

Well, any disc that's been thrown for three years, like a FR Axis, is not going to fly nearly the same as it did when new. As was mentioned, you'll be fine picking up a new one, but it will be more stable than your FR. Actually that would make a great one-two setup.

(Unless your FR was overly stable, like the more domey orange ones)

My FR actually IS one the domey orange ones.

My FR actually IS one the domey orange ones.

Yea, I wondered if you would say that. Mike C and a couple others had a lot of experience with those orange FR's. They'd probably be able to tell you how the newest runs compare to yours.

Its the same disc. don't worry..........

now these will be neat!

10353624_843470332376510_1095367935877139806_n_j.jpg

I really want one of those Proton stamped Neutrons. But I already have enough Axes sitting in storage. Did that ever stop anyone before?

ill be hunting down one of those greys but that's it really. Hoarding overmolds is fun. if anyone sees one around on release day hollaaaaaaaa!

careful! the FR axes may fetch back their msrp someday! a true collectors item.
Never said I was collecting it for future value, Gaush!!!!

Don't make me cut my FR Ions in half to spite you Vector boy

Last edited:
Onemilemore, get yourself one of those throwback N Axes, beat into sweet perfection, and I promise, you will never look back.

Looks like the beautiful grey Vibrams I hoard, mixed with the beautiful Gold Line Lats that I hoard.

Damn, gonna have to make more room in the closet.