• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting confused. So MVP has so many high speed discs now. It is making it difficult for me to even choose which ones to TRY. First of all I am not all mvp, I like some of their stuff though. So I picked up 2 traces and they have basically taken over my main distance driver slot. While this was happening I started to notice how much I like the for straight to slight turnover lines. I love how the Catalyst can be thrown so long and hold its elevation for so long. It really bombs. I had tried the Octane and it was a bit much for my arm, I throw around 400 maybe a hair more max d. So I was excited for the mayhem, which should be a tick more stable than the Catalyst. I also wanted to try the Teleport. Now it looks like the Tenacity is actually a tick more stable than the Catalyst? Shows more fade in the specs on infinite, and there is also the relativity? Which looks sort of flippy but maybe a straight BOMBER. Seems almost silly to buy 4 new high speed molds to try out. Thoughts?

Having thrown them all I'd start with the Tenacity. The Mayhem compares more to Octanes than the Catalyst. I throw them pretty far and they're stable enough to be my main distance driver, offering a bit more turn and glide than Octanes but not a drastically different flight overall. They still fade pretty hard at the end. The Tenacity is consistently understable with massive glide.

That being said the wider rimmed drivers (Relativity, Teleport) are surprisingly throwable for their rim width.

I have found that the 150 class Neutron Craves are the best TeeBird replacement. They fly a bit straighter and about 5 feet farther, but easier to power down than the TeeBird, but handles the wind just as well....well unless you expose the bottom...all light discs are prone to that problem though.

AKA - Stick with the Teebird, ;) got it .

Craves are ok. I like them for some stuff but it would never ever ever REPLACE a teebird :p

AKA - Stick with the Teebird, ;) got it .

Craves are ok. I like them for some stuff but it would never ever ever REPLACE a teebird :p

Id rather throw a teebird than any of mvps speed 7 class.

However, I would rather throw a volt over any other speed 6 and up discs.

Would be the same kind of thing as baggin an eagle and a TB. Similar discs that fly a slightly different line. Crave is dead straight(or should be unless you get a slightly less HSS one) with a small fade. Servo has a -.5/-1 turn with a bit more fade than a crave. You can cover the shots of the servo by baby flexing a crave. Or if you take 5-10% of a servo you wont see the slight turn and it will fly more like a crave but with more fade.

Last edited:
Do you see a lot of difference between the Servo and the Crave? Worth bagging both molds?

The servo is basically a max weight crave for me, I guess. The two craves are lighter, one 150s one 160s. Honestly, I have a hard time with the 150s, but I pull it out for fun sometimes. The 160s is my go-to for straight shots. The servo has more fade at the end. I would be fine with 3 craves instead, but I just don't have a heavy one anymore (my stepson won it from me when he beat me for the first time-it's his go-to disc now!).

The resistor is the odd duck for me. For some reason my heavy proton one I'm using now does not fade nearly as hard as my old neutron, even though they are similar weights. The current flies a LOT like my N servo.

Really? The volt fades a lot harder than a crave, at least for me.

For me volt is alot longer than a similar stability crave. Everyday 360 ft dead straight with both my volts. One domey proton and a flat neutron.

If i throw a perfect shot with crave it goes 330 max.

However ive been doing some insane anhyzers with plasma crave so its itb for that reason..

For me volt is alot longer than a similar stability crave. Everyday 360 ft dead straight with both my volts. One domey proton and a flat neutron.

If i throw a perfect shot with crave it goes 330 max.

However ive been doing some insane anhyzers with plasma crave so its itb for that reason..

That makes sense. I don't know about the guy saying the volt covers every line, but I guess that was before I clarified they are different weights. For me the volt is pretty darn stable, where a light/mid-weight crave isn't.

You can also get Fission and Plasma volts which fly a little straighter. Plus the fission seasons a lot faster than the other plastics and are available up into the mid/hi 160's.

Last edited:
Fizz isnt less durable. You all are tripping on some strong stuff.

MOAR importantly, I have my first time ever 3x ace disk. The MOTION. The best crutch disk in the world. Actually you might as well call it a wheelchair, its so good.

The resistor is the odd duck for me. For some reason my heavy proton one I'm using now does not fade nearly as hard as my old neutron, even though they are similar weights. The current flies a LOT like my N servo.

Neutron and proton fly very different. Proton resistor is closer to a clash than a neutron resistor.

Thats a lot of extra weight. I could carry one volt and cover all the lines those cover.

But yeah to each their own.

I'd like to see tour volt that can cover a resistor' s lines.

Neutron and proton fly very different. Proton resistor is closer to a clash than a neutron resistor.

I'd like to see tour volt that can cover a resistor' s lines.

Would you like to come to MN or do you want to meet halfway?

Ill use a plaz volt. Will be CTP on any course, any hole, any conditions.

You provide the resistor cuz I dont usually keep garbage in my bag for more than one round.

I just picked up a Switch to see if it could replace my Leopards. It is much more stable than advertised. Anyone else have this experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.