• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a used alias. Pretty beat up, but I think it might be a nice compliment to the matrix. Are all alias quite US, or is it just the beat on the one I got? Alias is a mold I've never looked at before so I have no gauge.

Just got a used alias. Pretty beat up, but I think it might be a nice compliment to the matrix. Are all alias quite US, or is it just the beat on the one I got? Alias is a mold I've never looked at before so I have no gauge.

I just remember from when I tested it, but the Alias is pretty darn straight. Hardly any lateral movement at all.

Seconding Halcon. For me the Alias is one of the straightest molds I've thrown. I wouldn't expect hardly any turn out of a new one, maybe a tiny bit thrown flat at max power, but dead straight for short drives and approach shots.

They flick nice with how flat they are.

This is one of those pit meet kettle statements. You're one of the rudest people on these forums.

Nate, I truly appreciate your concern. Especially when feelings are hurt. Not my intentions at all.

But WHAT is a PIT meet kettle? :confused:

Nate, I truly appreciate your concern. Especially when feelings are hurt. Not my intentions at all.

But WHAT is a PIT meet kettle? :confused:

Lolololol. Supposed to be pot meets kettle. As in the pot calling the kettle black. I'm old. You may not have ever heard that saying.

I just remember from when I tested it, but the Alias is pretty darn straight. Hardly any lateral movement at all.

Seconding Halcon. For me the Alias is one of the straightest molds I've thrown. I wouldn't expect hardly any turn out of a new one, maybe a tiny bit thrown flat at max power, but dead straight for short drives and approach shots.

They flick nice with how flat they are.

Alright than. I guess I'll just enjoy this one for what it is. Thanks.

Ok so what MVP/Axiom putter has small to no bead, is stable enough for driving and won't fade or turn too much while tolerating some OAT. I was reccomended the Envy or Proxy but I want others advice. I find that BB Aviars and P2s work well but I would like a easily replaceable premium plastic version that I could putt with a "baseline" version. I prefer to putt and throw the same molds so I was goimg to go with the Harp but then the same problem as the P2 and BB Aviar comes into play. I'm a bit skeptical of overmolds since I really didn't give with the Tesla, Inertia or Inspire that I had, nor did the Nova or Atlas.

Last edited:
Ok so what MVP/Axiom putter has small to no bead, is stable enough for driving and won't fade or turn too much while tolerating some OAT. I was reccomended the Envy or Proxy but I want others advice. I find that BB Aviars and P2s work well but I would like a easily replaceable premium plastic version that I could putt with a "baseline" version. I prefer to putt and throw the same molds so I was goimg to go with the Harp but then the same problem as the P2 amd BB Aviar comes into play.

Anode.

BB aviar is comparable to ions.

And spell check next time.

Proxy>anode:p

Plus the Anode/Ion have a curved inner rim that can be odd feeling for some people on drives.

The Envy is 0 2, proxy is 0 0(maybe a .5 fade when fresh)

To tell you the truth, Ive never actually thrown an Anode... Either combo is good, depending on what you like the feel of. If you have a shop or friends that throw any of them, I would suggest feeling them up before purchase.

Dont even bring up the proxy. Mike c might have a brain aneurysm when being told it sucks.

Ok so what MVP/Axiom putter has small to no bead, is stable enough for driving and won't fade or turn too much while tolerating some OAT. I was reccomended the Envy or Proxy but I want others advice. I find that BB Aviars and P2s work well but I would like a easily replaceable premium plastic version that I could putt with a "baseline" version. I prefer to putt and throw the same molds so I was goimg to go with the Harp but then the same problem as the P2 and BB Aviar comes into play. I'm a bit skeptical of overmolds since I really didn't give with the Tesla, Inertia or Inspire that I had, nor did the Nova or Atlas.
envy and proxy are both great throwing putters. Try am envy first. Unfortunately neither come in baseline (electron) plastic. But they both share a core with the atom. And the atom does come in electron and proton. The proton being a little stable as well. I suggest you grab a electron and proton atom. If you want more stable than a proton atom than grab the envy.

It's sort of tricky because you want a small bead, but OAT resistance. And you like the feel of the BB Aviar. I would agree with Elm and say Anode, but it likes a clean throw, and with OAT will show some turn, especially when driving. BUT, it's available in both base and premium blends.

Then there is the Envy, which is really what you want off the tee, but it doesn't come in baseline. And it's maybe a little shallow, if you like a deeper putter.

So there may not be an MVP / Axiom mold that fits exactly what you want, but I would go with those two options, as they seem closest.

Proxy is the best driving / approach putter on the market. Until it comes out in electron, putting Atoms is close enough in feel / flight. Whether throwing it 60' or 460' it will fly true without much turn or fade.

I wouldn't get upset if someone didn't see the glory of the Proxy, but I would know that they are delusional :)

lots of putter talk, let me help. ION. unlike god who made his best invention at the end, mvp nailed it right off the bat.

Proxy is the best driving / approach putter on the market. Until it comes out in electron, putting Atoms is close enough in feel / flight. Whether throwing it 60' or 460' it will fly true without much turn or fade.

I wouldn't get upset if someone didn't see the glory of the Proxy, but I would know that they are delusional :)

Delusional?

I bet you are a professional who can make DAs and identify symptoms...

But thats a topic for another day. :popcorn:

The Ion that I threw wasn't horrible in terms of feel but I was curious as to what the rest of the population throws. Throwing the Ion, granted it was a beat Electron but it did fly like somewhere between 250-275 on a 80% throw. I'm not sure if I could putt them though. I could probably source every putter except the Spin to try out. Maybe I could putt Electron Ions and have another Electron for throwing and obviously I could thrash one for flippyness. I might have to see how a premium plastic Ion fades before I would commit to throwing one.

The Ion that I threw wasn't horrible in terms of feel but I was curious as to what the rest of the population throws. Throwing the Ion, granted it was a beat Electron but it did fly like somewhere between 250-275 on a 80% throw. I'm not sure if I could putt them though. I could probably source every putter except the Spin to try out. Maybe I could putt Electron Ions and have another Electron for throwing and obviously I could thrash one for flippyness. I might have to see how a premium plastic Ion fades before I would commit to throwing one.

Dont throw electron. I wouldnt wish that on my enemies. Its probably the worst plastic on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.