• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds right. It is a little faster and more LSS but similar HSS. Switch is like a leopard with turn but then fades.

Relay is the MVP leo.

Fizz isnt less durable. You all are tripping on some strong stuff.

MOAR importantly, I have my first time ever 3x ace disk. The MOTION. The best crutch disk in the world. Actually you might as well call it a wheelchair, its so good.

I never said it was less durable, I said it seasons faster. But when you're dealing with the ageless N and P that leaves a lot of room for it to "season faster" with out being a DX type blend. I have two 156g ish photons, one N and one F. The F was bought on release day(but spent 4 months in a lost bin cause I didn't answer the phone call) and the N was bought later that year when the N came out in production runs. So they are roughly the same age use wise. They were pretty similar when new 0 turn and dumpy, with the N being slightly more dumpy. Now the F, if thrown hard and flat or into a mild headwind, will turn ever so slightly then lock on to a more or less straight line and hover till it eventually dumps very late in flight. and will hold a high anhy all the way to the ground, sometimes just panning to flat before it hits. The N is basically the same disc it was when I got it... Neither of them have any major scuffs or nicks and they've hit plenty of trees, rocks, walls...etc

Last edited:
I just picked up a Switch to see if it could replace my Leopards. It is much more stable than advertised. Anyone else have this experience

Sounds right. It is a little faster and more LSS but similar HSS. Switch is like a leopard with turn but then fades.

Relay is the MVP leo.
Inspire is closer to a leo than the switch. Relay is also close but when new does have a similar fade as the switch if you don't catch it clean, but since its a speed slower it much easier to keep straight. My relay is just butter right now. An original circuit day pick up. I scuffed it up a bit on a teepad that day, since I didn't want to have a brand new driver for that event. After a couple years of bad flip shots and hard tree hits, it just money. I basically throw any US mid shots with it now but it isn't so US that it burns on a slightly off throw..

Last edited:
Damn edit window, lol.

It also excels at low ceiling shots just a slight bit of hyzer and rip it...dead nutz straight. Also is a great shorter range roller disc.

I would define durability as the discs ability to not get damaged. Longevity would relate to seasoning.

And you are missing the point that Fission does season faster than the other plastics. If you aren't seeing that then you need to hit more trees...

Last edited:
Isn't the weighting agent part of why the overmold isn't clear? In other words, are these Proton rimmed discs GYRO? Or are there clear polymers like that, of varying densities?

Where's this info on proton rims?

Tried to post the image but my phone is too ancient. Go to MVP's FB page. Clear rims are coming in 2018. Looks like Proton, but maybe it's something different? If they make is gummy, that would be awesome for the Envy and Proxy.

Last edited:
Where's this info on proton rims?

Tried to post the image but my phone is too ancient. Go to MVP's FB page. Clear rims are coming in 2018. Looks like Proton, but maybe it's something different? If they make is gummy, that would be awesome for the Envy and Proxy.

19260700_1038108809653564_5938674438679010634_n.jpg

My bet is clear colorless rims for MVP, clear colored rims for Axiom.
Also, threw some photons today and hit some of my longest golf lines yet... couldn't tell if I was just throwing well or if it was the discs but hit several 400-450 holes and bombed one 500 on a slight downhill. Me and my tiny hands like the smaller rim I guess cause I can throw speed 11/11.5 further than my speed 13s :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.