• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much agree with all the flight #'s - and YES the Proxy IS UNDERSTABLE! haha but for real saying 3/3/-1/0.5 is exactly how I've described it many times - so I agree whole heartedly .

You know nothing when it comes to flight numbers. Always posting the most made up BS ever down to .01 whatever lol.

i don't any of the fades on the 16.5 are correct. I would put the clash and crave at 3 and the inspire at 2.

I've thrown 3 proxys, 1 neutron and 2 softs. When new, none of them had any turn thrown hard and flat with no OAT. The N one I've had in my bag since release day is barely a -1.

I've got 4 proxies...
170 plasma is 0 and .25
2 x Soft N 166 is -.75 and .75
176 P Melon is +.25 and .5

If you want to split hairs..

That's not far from the truth. Between the shoulder and the sauna outside, I'm only playing about twice a month right now.

Bro between the winter and work i am like the anti-gyroist but still activate dat **** when it calls. Played mad catch with a 114g upshot while grilling with neighbor kid tho. And crushing that is a feat.

Numbers are up for Axiom now too. From the stuff I've had:

Insanity (9/5/-2/1.5): Completely agree with this. Flies a lot like a Valkyrie for me. Which is good.
Crave (6.5/5/-1/1): I always got a little more fade out of mine than this, but still pretty close.
Proxy (3/3/-1/0.5): It's been a while since I threw these, but I do remember them having lots of glide.

Yeah, I'd say more like -.5, 1.5 for the Crave I've got. it's a seasoned Teebird and those are more like TL numbers. My Soft Proxy barely turns if any.

Seriously though... I've got a tournament coming up at an open course I haven't played for a year it is the local ball golf course. I'm taking my usual bag probably 155 inertia, Signal, Relay but I need big distance for radical downhill shots... and the inertia was not hss enough last year.

What can I throw flat with a mellow but reliable fade? If I was playing doubles I'd probably mess with my seasoned 155 Orbital but it could go pretty wrong... Im split between the 166 Orbital which is fresh, the 155 Wave I was just short of getting up to speed on the flat a month ago (big driver last year end of season) or a brand new 157 Vanish that I'm liking and had nice straight lines on the flat and mild downhill. There's also a 166 Catalyst I can throw straight but is over my speed limit but might work.

I don't have anywhere to test my shot, it's 30 and 45 degrees downhill, primarily BH, 330' max D on flat...

Seriously though... I've got a tournament coming up at an open course I haven't played for a year it is the local ball golf course. I'm taking my usual bag probably 155 inertia, Signal, Relay but I need big distance for radical downhill shots... and the inertia was not hss enough last year.

What can I throw flat with a mellow but reliable fade? If I was playing doubles I'd probably mess with my seasoned 155 Orbital but it could go pretty wrong... Im split between the 166 Orbital which is fresh, the 155 Wave I was just short of getting up to speed on the flat a month ago (big driver last year end of season) or a brand new 157 Vanish that I'm liking and had nice straight lines on the flat and mild downhill. There's also a 166 Catalyst I can throw straight but is over my speed limit but might work.

I don't have anywhere to test my shot, it's 30 and 45 degrees downhill, primarily BH, 330' max D on flat...

a local tourney does a long downhill shot here, its about 600' and 45 degree angle down a ski hill, i have watched hundreds of people succeed and fail at that shot over the years, the most successful i have seen is always with an over stable putter, like an envy, or ion, etc.. i saw cale leiviska throw putters down the hill in practice one year and after i saw that i always used a putter with success.. dont even have to throw that hard just let the glide and gravity do the rest.. seems counter intuitive but it works the best, like a laser beam all the way to the basket if you do it right.

Instead of mold hunting why not get a fresh high 160s or 170s Inertia. They have nice HSS and are super straight. If you want a tad less fade then go with a Plasma Inertia. One of the best molds especially if you already have the Relay and the Envy. Along with a Volt in there and you are set. Throw in a cycle of each disc and you have a full array of shots.

Thanks guys.. Heavy Inertia and Volt are good suggestions.. I should get out one of my Volts and see.. I've been throwing with restricted legwork and it got shelved for a while... I did get new 167 plaz insanity.. on test throws it's pretty lss and a 143 Photon sitting here

Not so much mold hunting as looking at my b tier/ new discs wondering which one might be advantageous. That vanish is flying as described it might take my Orbitals spot or one of my inertias.. I got two days to try a test flight maybe check those flight numbers.. Haha

Last edited:
a fission volt might be what you r looking for. I throw a 150 class inertia as well and when I have a head wind i throw a fission volt they work together well.

Slower molds are great downhill as long as not a ton of wind. Ions are so fun to watch float down. My longest 700'ish throw was hyzer flipping a fuse.

If placement is key ill throw something faster/ OS vs distance slower/ stable to slightly US.

Hyzerflip the inertia downhill 4 sure.

I rarely encounter massive downhills. We did in Portland this year. All three of us first threw fairway drivers on one and overshot the basket by a lot. We took second throws for fun, and my Envy just kept going and going and going. It landed by the basket only after nailing a huge tree past it.

Status
Not open for further replies.