• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea my N Crave was 0, 2 when new. Now its more like a -1, .5. Picked it up at a tourney in 2014, their plastic is so durable its ridiculous. 4yr old disc that has seen a ton of use.... and trees:D and it still doesn't come close to turn and burn. I had a sparkle proton that might have been a -1, 1 when new...

Last edited:
The Deflector is currently the only MVP disc in the 14.5mm Midrange Driver class.

Can't wait for more in this one. After seeing a bunch of vids, I am not so sure I have a lot of use for the first one.

The deflector sounds like it will be a useful mold. I'm really excited to try it. Distance drivers are fun but putters and mids see much more use.

Yea my N Crave was 0, 2 when new. Now its more like a -1, .5. Picked it up at a tourney in 2014, their plastic is so durable its ridiculous. 4yr old disc that has seen a ton of use.... and trees:D and it still doesn't come close to turn and burn. I had a sparkle proton that might have been a -1, 1 when new...

Sounds right. My neutrons start out with no turn and a decent fade, flying a lot like a teebird that's seen a season or two. Great glide and a dependable fade.

I've been thrown a blue and white neutron crave since they came out, and it still doesn't turn hard. It's more like an inspire than a crave these days. smooth turns that pan out thrown flat and laser straight shots thrown with abit of hyzer. I love it for medium range FH shots, it can shape a lot of lines

Those sparkles early on were weird more like inspires.

Suggestions for a distance driver with less fade than the octane?

When thrown flat i get some turn and a bunch of glide out of my proton octane but it always has that big fade at the end. Its a super dependable disc and im definitley keeping it in the bag but sometimes i need a straighter finish on distance throws. Im willing to hyzer-flip if i have to as long as it has a straighter finish.

Throwing farther than I can aim

You tried a wave? Step down in speed but the same flight more or less. In theory, it should be more controllable without sacrificing all that much distance.

A 150g octane would be a very interesting disc both FH and BH. I've got to try a 140g fission Tesla to see if it can do what I'm trying to accomplish with my 166g octane

I guess i was kinda wondering if a catalyst or mayhem has less fade or if they have they have the same fade but with more turn.

The only wave i've thrown was a 150g and it was hyzer release to roller flippy. I do have an inertia but that takes a lot of hyzer to keep it from turning and it still wants to fade pretty hard at the end unless i keep it really low.

Wanted to run thoughts by you guys - see what you think - I've had a lot of really bad rounds the last couple months (including a horrid round at the MVP circuit) and am working out some problems with both my rig and form.

I'm getting my backhand form ironed back out - I have a tendency to open my shoulders when throwing drivers, creating an air bounce or worse, rounding. Always been my bad habit and it's caused by rushing my feet and not getting lined up. If I get into the right stance, I brace up properly and stay closed I throw my 163 PL Teslas around 380-400'.

Starting with Drivers: I've been carrying 3 PL / 3 F Teslas and 1 N Resistor. The F and PLs are mostly 163 with a 153 PL. I've also got a 167 N Resistor. I only throw the Resistor on flick flex shots. I don't really like the disc for what I bought it for - Firebird type wind shots. The Teslas all feel great - like a Teebird - but I'm struggling with the beat. I started with the PLs for OS and the F for US but all are beating US except the 153 which has gone unreliably OS. My PL 163s are basically flat at this point with 7-8 months on them. Won't last me too long as they beat further.

Trying to figure out where to go from here... I'm thinking I need to stick in the 163 range (I threw 175 Star Destroyers / Star Wraiths / Star & Pro Firebirds / Champ Teebirds over the years ) as the drop in weight seems to have helped my game when I first switched and upgrading to Neutron for drivers to increase consistency due to durability. Maybe incorporate more molds into the driver range given the resistance to beat the Neutron discs have? Maybe incorporate the next speed up molds? Thoughts - where would you go? Molds?

Mid-range I'm running high 170s: N Vector, N Axis, SE Matrix, PL Envy. I had a P Matrix and sold it when the SE came out. Not the same disc flight at all. My Proton was great for hyzer line-shaping, the SEs are more of a flex disc - very ply-able but I don't like their Hyzer lines at all - best when I have space to the left and can let it flex out to the right. I've ordered 2 Deflectors so we'll see how that goes - hoping they are closer to Proton Matrix but more OS. Opinions? If they don't work, I need another Proton Matrix. Is it crazy to carry 6 Mid Molds?

In the circle: I'm putting with an E Atom. It broke in within a month and I'm not fond of it's break in. Puddle top, floppy, blech. I'm from Kansas - spin putter. Would like something more OS for 75' and in. Outside that I can throw the PL Envy. Was looking at the Soft Neutron Particle. What's the take there? More OS Envy? Good in circle? How does Soft N take to the chains? I have a lot of spit outs when I try to spin putt plasma Envy.

I left out - I did have a 154 PL Inertia, til I Torque Monkeyed it onto I-270 a couple weeks ago. As I mentioned in the Inertia thread, that was the longest disc I had ever thrown... with some downhill slope and right-side or tailwind, I could pump it out to 500' - however, it would land 50' to 100' right of my Teslas - I'd find myself OB a lot if I didn't completely modify my footwork approach. It too beat in super fast to where at the end, I was fighting to keep it on a course, throwing extreme Hyzers to get it to go flat. I blame trying to throw it far for some of my form problem.

I guess i was kinda wondering if a catalyst or mayhem has less fade or if they have they have the same fade but with more turn.

I would say my Catalyst has same fade as an Octane but more turn.. I'm not at your power level.. Seems to me most of the gyro high speed drivers rely on heavy late fade to keep them predictable. The lowest fade discs in my bag are the Relay, Vanish and Wave.

It might seem counter intuitive but what about going up a level in stability and counting on it dumping hard and sticking rather than settling softer? Teleport, Tantrum? I don't know I don't own em.

Sure would love to see Proton Teleport / Eclipse Teleport ---- prefer in a newer opaque blend or something of that nature FX FX FX :popcorn::popcorn::D

The PIAS near me ordered some MVP and I swung by on a whim and they had an amazing looking blue plasma Crave with a pink rim. Had to have it. Flies a lot like the Proton one that I had beat in a few years ago, but grips really well.

The Proton sparkle and plasma ar some good looking discs they have coming out.

is there a reason mvp has released so few molds in fission? the fission photon is mvp disc i most often see in other peoples bag. So it seems to be a good seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts