• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Yep i got a little bored.

These pics are of the FR Shock, not the NEW "fixed" shock.. FYI

Amp vs Shock
ampshock.jpg

Volt vs Shock
voltshock.jpg

Volt vs Amp
voltamp.jpg

Volt vs Shock again
shockvolt.jpg

Frank Delicious said:
It's a pretty shitty name.
Yep.

But Mike C's video of it makes it look suh-weet. Serious looking glide on that motherfucker.

Not sure why the name matters, i don't buy discs because of their names... anyways, the Tangent looks like a great disc and after seeing it in Mike C's vid i will be buying a good stack myself. Its exactly what i need in my bag right now.

Will probably have some overlap with my beat axis though

Frank Delicious said:
So what's the word on the new mid? Any testers throw it yet?

I just played a round with my Tangents and once again MVP has made me very happy. A few key points that I noticed:
-Slow turn...it has a good sized bead and this really slows the turning rate compared to other modern understable mids (most of which are beadless)
-A touch slower than the Axis/Vector, though still in the same general speed class
-Great feel...Even though I usually prefer the feel of a beadless disc, the roundness of the nose somehow makes up for that
-Stability is similar to the green FR Axis, but the rate of turn is slower and it takes power better
-In flight the lines look like a putter--sort of like a Comet or QMS
-Easiest MVP mid to through straight
-Flies better at short distances/lower armspeed than Axis and Vector
-Great approach, sticks better than Axis
-Worked very well with my FH
-Not all that understable, yet holds a turn very easy
-FUN FUN FUN one-disc-round disc
-My discs are several grams apart yet fly quite similar stability-wise

I have no idea how to post a youtube vid, but here's a link to mike c's tangent vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMYzFVbDuqw&feature=player_embedded

It does...that is what it reminds me of the most. Right after they ran out of the opaque CE plastic they made some clear ones in the same plastic as the late CE TLs with the swoosh and the clear "pro" FBs. Those are what they remind me most of with the slow turn and ability to stay on hyzer and push forward seemingly forever.

Leopard said:
Frank Delicious said:
Man that thing looks like it flies a lot like a CE QMS.
too bad the name isn't as cool as CE QMS huh :lol:

lol

I think the name is fine. Makes me think of going off on a "tangent" in the sense of ranting (playing well) rather than a geometrical term.

Zam the dg marketing guru may have had a hand in the selection of said name. Personally I am fine with the name. It fits with both the science and the two syllable naming schemes of MVP's mid lineup. It's not cutesy or testosterone infused either.

discspeed said:
Zam the dg marketing guru may have had a hand in the selection of said name. Personally I am fine with the name. It fits with both the science and the two syllable naming schemes of MVP's mid lineup. It's not cutesy or testosterone infused either.
Nope, not me. I'd have picked something I could illustrate :) I don't know what these words mean.. but I've got nerdy friends to explain them. I named Eclipse, that's my legacy.

So in your guys experience do anodes and ions have the same amount of hss? Or does the ion just have more lss?

Real similar. Anodes might flip up a hair more from a hyzer throw, but at the most its a .25 difference of hss and only visible outside 275' or so. So essentially yes.

But the Anode is way more forgiving of throws with unclean release such as scraping along fingers. Which happens easily for those with small hands and short fingers.

Eclipse is more understable and the newest plastic more overstable on average with the original plastics having stability variations from changes in molds and production. All are slick in cold and wet weather especially.

Neutron is tackier plastic. Haven't noticed much difference in stability. Seem the same for me. I shifted to neutron for all my discs. It's amazing plastic. I love these discs.

Threw a current run, more stable Volt. I like it more than my flippy Volt. I will say, however, that I will get some use out of my flippy Volt. I would recommend that the Volt have some more LSS. The HSS is fine but it needs to have some more LSS.