• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Permanent MVP Portals 36 chain

peabody

Edit profile banner
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Looking for feedback or reviews on these baskets. Our town is installing a 9 holer and 10 MVP Portals. I've never played them and am curious how they catch and the longevity color retention.
Any info will be much appreciated.

I would have thought there would be a sticky thread here in course maintenance with reviews of all baskets. My search was in vain.

Random responses:

I like them. I've been running across them more recently. In my experience they catch fine.

The added benefit is the shorter belt around the top - still enough to help visibility, but not as much [CLANK!] that you get with DisCatchers.

The paint on the red ones seem to fade pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Looking for feedback or reviews on these baskets. Our town is installing a 9 holer and 10 MVP Portals. I've never played them and am curious how they catch and the longevity color retention.
Any info will be much appreciated.

I would have thought there would be a sticky thread here in course maintenance with reviews of all baskets. My search was in vain.
True uv stable powder coat or paint is INCREDIBLY expensive so any color will fade in direct sunlight over time because there's a zero percent chance any disc golf company is sourcing that type of treatment in their baskets due to the low volume production.

That said some of the better quality powder coats and paints can handle uv without dusting but still will fade in direct sun after a few years, they'll drop shades and lose brightness but will still stand out. Indirect sun or under trees will drastically prolong the brightness of the finish.

These baskets seem to be great catchers. The galvanizing is still sticky and a number of chains are stuck together. No numbers though. MVP doesn't have number stickers or numbered top mounts available like the DGA baskets do. I guess just buy 2 inch sticker numbers an let her go at that?

Latest posts