• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first started seeing the MVP stuff around, I was sort of skeptical, thought they looked like UFOs etc.

I putt with Ions now, they're great for me, and after 3 rounds messing around with the Volt, it's starting to blow my mind a little. LOVE this thing. Seems really good at a wide array of shots. Already ordered me a backup!

When I first started seeing the MVP stuff around, I was sort of skeptical, thought they looked like UFOs etc.

I putt with Ions now, they're great for me, and after 3 rounds messing around with the Volt, it's starting to blow my mind a little. LOVE this thing. Seems really good at a wide array of shots. Already ordered me a backup!

same thing has happened to me. Now i throw the Ion/anode combo for putting and volt/amp. I love the other discs i throw so im worried with what is coming next.

Most people are anti-MVP for no reason.. maybe because they look different? i don't talk about the discs on the tee-pad anymore because most people are complete closed minded when it comes to disc golf.

I get new DD discs and EVERYONE wants to try them and they think they are great!!! But new MVP no one will even want to throw them.. its a very strange phenomena that only effects MVP for some reason.

I guess my score at the end of the round speaks for itself.

But Toro, i agree. The Volt is a great disc for all around everything. it can handle many lines and is very versatile. It replaced my Eagles quickly

Surprisingly I met a guy today who threw all mvp. About 4-5 ppl in our club throw mvp discs.

I'm debating on getting a volt. It seems like I have all my shots covered. I have no idea where it would fit in my bag.

I did have a chance to feel neutron plasic today and it wasn't as grippy as I expected but still felt good.

Surprisingly I met a guy today who threw all mvp. About 4-5 ppl in our club throw mvp discs.

I'm debating on getting a volt. It seems like I have all my shots covered. I have no idea where it would fit in my bag.

I did have a chance to feel neutron plasic today and it wasn't as grippy as I expected but still felt good.

Fair warning, the Volt IS tough to know where to fit in my bag, because it doesn't just fit "between" 2 others.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but so far the Volt makes me feel like I've found the go-to workhorse driver I need, where it's Volt first, everything else is niche.

I just threw it a bunch yesterday, and it was one of those things where it did the right thing even when I didn't. Like, it knows better than me. It felt sort of like cheating!

OK. /sales pitch, lol!

^agreed my bag is now screwed with the volt. more field work in the spring to lock down my 13 bag and I can see the volt legitimately knocking 2/3 molds from my bag once i get it dialed in.

OMG. imagine a beadles over-stable MVP fairway or mid.. It would fly forever with gyro

Screwed, or saved?! Think of all the weight gone from your bag now.
screwed!! got stacks of saints teebirds qolfs that could all be gone with this one disc. (and the rival)

really though i can do things with the volt i did not know that i could do!!!

when i first started throwing it i thought it was a new disc thing. the more i throw it the more it reveals its magical yet evil ways!!!:thmbup:

So I lost my trusty champ gator today in water. Hit basket and hit hard. Kicked it into some deep water. Well I love mvp. Considering replacing it with one of their mids. What should I get?

I have a green first run vector that is one of the most OS discs I have... I really have a tough time putting any turn on it... I've heard the same from others about this run/color combo

with all these beautiful MVP discs in my old cheap fade tourney bag, i was thinking about buying a new Bag. MVP discs need to be presented with a higher degree of respect.

I was thinking a VooDoo Mojo or maybe a GorillaBoy Simian... anyone have recommendations on a bag no larger than about 16 disc? No smaller than 10?

I have a green first run vector that is one of the most OS discs I have... I really have a tough time putting any turn on it... I've heard the same from others about this run/color combo

oh yea.. i have a stack of those put away for a LONNNG time. scared to throw them :)

with all these beautiful MVP discs in my old cheap fade tourney bag, i was thinking about buying a new Bag. MVP discs need to be presented with a higher degree of respect.

I was thinking a VooDoo Mojo or maybe a GorillaBoy Simian... anyone have recommendations on a bag no larger than about 16 disc? No smaller than 10?
tough call plex you are looking at two stellar bags that fit different needs. do you play a lot of tourneys? than the simian would be my choice. if not the mojo.

the main attraction to me about the simian is the built in seat. i roll solo or in smaller groups so we move through the course quick no need to sit. in longer rounds or tourneys the seat is priceless and always there.

mojo, i dont think that you can argue their quality, top notch great size and if you decide to get another bag someday this one could compliment a tourney style bag. I have a gb chimp and love the build quality, but every time i see my buddies mojo i am envious.

I play alot of tourneys.. but practice casualy alot too.. i want a bag that's easy to grab discs out of and im not sure the simian will be easy in/out for changing between discs.. never had a backpack styled bag before.

I also know the guy who makes the gorrilaboy bags, he lives in my area and i have played a few tournaments with him. Nice guy, takes pride in his work.

Can anyone attest to the storage on the simian? seems like it would be a pain.

MVP needs to make a backpack with a plastic overmold.

Quality wise both are good. Voodoo looks better as a finished product IMHO.

So what's next? Proton or eclipse drivers? Or both? Eclipse neutron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts