• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP OHM - The Comprehensive Thread

The "new" Neutron blend in the Ohm and Reactor is close to Soft N. Was secretly wishing for a Gyro Pilot, so it would have some finish, and then I read about the Ohm. The Ohm fills the bill for me. Thrown flat, I get a smidge of turn, hold, and then a smooth yet reliable finish as the speed comes out of it, with a hair more fade than turn. 2-5-0-1 is pretty close to bang-on for me. As my playing partners have been saying, "Ohm Sweet Ohm". Go to your home, disc!

Hey you are a Pilot thrower, wouldn't you just throw an electron Pilot in that spot?

Truth.
But is it not also true that I am a putter whore?
LOL
I'll take as many putters in Electron as they want to give me. My opinion is that every putter should be available in a base plastic and a soft base plastic. I recently discovered E Atoms and like them. Soooo many great putter molds to choose from.

Truth.
But is it not also true that I am a putter whore?
LOL
I'll take as many putters in Electron as they want to give me. My opinion is that every putter should be available in a base plastic and a soft base plastic. I recently discovered E Atoms and like them. Soooo many great putter molds to choose from.

Haha thanks for not answering the question haha.

I liked the neutron Atom but the ohm is an improvement. Now I could see an electron atom complementing a neutron ohm..

Haha thanks for not answering the question haha.

I liked the neutron Atom but the ohm is an improvement. Now I could see an electron atom complementing a neutron ohm..

When I said "truth" I meant that YES, an Electron Pilot fits that slot just fine.

I'm still going to buy a bunch of firmer and Softer Electron Ohms when they come out though.

Same thing for any putter that MVP or Innova/Mill/Hyzerbomb/DM/etc puts out. The Invader, Warhog, and (especially) RhynoX are firmly in my sights. I'm positive these will only be in premium plastic for a while but I'm always looking forward to base plastic or mid-level putters.

Aaah don't mind me I'm blind! Haha I thought that was the lead in to you confessing your addiction!

Yeah I would try an electron Ohm, I'm considering a Pilot and a Drift.. Probably your fault!

The Ohm is my most thrown disc right now.. The yellow one is kinda hard and waxy though, I think I'm going to stick to yellow Comet's and avoid yellow MVP stuff (maybe haha), it feels like a hard neutron. My blue ohm with tiny white swirls feels a lot softer, not soft N but it makes my hand happier than the yellow one. The max weight SE is definitely the straightest of the lot and it feels a little soft as well.

Anyhow thanks again, I am going to try and refrain from purchasing more putters... for .. as... long as ... Hey is that the buy button? Haha.

My current bag is 2 x ohm's, Relay, Tesla... thats pretty much it. Maybe a Wave, Inertia or Crave but as it's sitting in my van just 4 discs and no Envy! :eek:

Last edited:
Well.. This is due for a bump.. I'm rocking three ohms, 2 x 166g and a 172 SE.. They are my go to in the bag. Still putting with a plasma 166ish envy but I am comfortably playing 3 disc.. ohm only in the yard. Typically 2 ohms and a driver or two or a mid.

Also picked up two proton glow pilots, they are relatively similar to the Ohm. I find them harder to range, sometimes they're short sometimes they are long but close enough for glow rounds. Ohm is more stable but also more neutral straight at the same time.

Mostly I stopped in to drop some love for the Ohm, played em all day for a lot of approach shots / drives. Shot really well. Didn't take any mids, hit a short ace. Played the two 166's. One stroke off the lead. They are firmly in the bag.

Purchased an Ohm (Neutron) (along with an Envy) last week, got them in the mail yesterday. I had to take them out to throw. The Ohm is impressive once I learned to give it a bit more air than I'm used to. I had very similar experience to what others have said. The Ohm just wants to go straightish, a touch of hyzer or anhyzer and it seemed to want to get back to flat and just go. Definitely getting a trial spot in the bag. There are several holes in the area that I'm eager to try it on, most of them are tweener holes, a little long for my usual throwing putter (JC Aviar) but too short for a solid 80-85% Roc. Also a few downhill shots I think it will work on. Based on my limited experience with it, I compare it to a more forgiving longer Polecat off the tee.

Purchased an Ohm (Neutron) (along with an Envy) last week, got them in the mail yesterday. I had to take them out to throw. The Ohm is impressive once I learned to give it a bit more air than I'm used to. I had very similar experience to what others have said. The Ohm just wants to go straightish, a touch of hyzer or anhyzer and it seemed to want to get back to flat and just go. Definitely getting a trial spot in the bag. There are several holes in the area that I'm eager to try it on, most of them are tweener holes, a little long for my usual throwing putter (JC Aviar) but too short for a solid 80-85% Roc. Also a few downhill shots I think it will work on. Based on my limited experience with it, I compare it to a more forgiving longer Polecat off the tee.

How's the ohm doing in the bag? And the Envy? That's 2/6 of my bag

Well fwiw the hot stamp SE ohm I've got isn't neutron soft but it ain't neutron hard.. If ya know whut I meen.

I think if you want some ohm love you're going to have to go electron... I think it would cycle beautifully. Plasma might work but it excels in a harder plastic, you just gotta wear the rim down.

:D I tuned a yellow one.. :D dear friggin heck it's awesome, about 6 file strokes just enough for 5-6 months wear. Flips hyzer and anny.. I'm waiting for my regular blue to season naturally, but those two + envy is covering everything short to mid.

Last edited:
Threw the ohm today.. Not bad not great.. It's probably me that sucks. Or SW and his damn battering ram.. So much easy distance though.. Battered my way past the pin a few too many times. Also beat those trees back into line!

The broken in yellow beat the crap out of the blue ohm... hit most every line while bluey missed everything and carded some nasty bogeys.

I've been practicing for a putter tournament and the Ohm is my go-to putter off the tee. Loving it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts