• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP OHM - The Comprehensive Thread

And I'm not saying it flips either, quite the opposite... it's freaking odd but awesome, I can't put it down. I'd love to take it out to the public course and check it on a few more holes I'm familiar with... it's just a very unique flight pattern... I can't associate it with anything... maybe the beat Anode... or a low speed Switch but then I'm just proving I'm crazy

Last edited:
Wait I know it's the Crave of putters.. Sometimes it's straight, you can force a very mild correcting anhyzer, has a gentle hyzer stability.. Haha (still crazy)

Played with it in a mild wind today, updraft on the downhill hole.. Played well, dead straight, gentle hyzer 30' short leaving me 15' wide for a tap in. Performed well and unaffected in a mild breeze. Oh yeah and aced hole 10 again, first shot of the day this time, same hole as last time..

Playing with more height, when I can has helped. Thanks Albatross

Last edited:
As a circle spin putter, you gotta hit the basket square or it spits. Not a bad float putter...

but I found it too glidey for approach shots. Spent a lot of time walking past the basket into gulches, ravines, and putting back.

It's an OK Driver. I guess I just prefer the Envy.

Wait I know it's the Crave of putters.. Sometimes it's straight, you can force a very mild correcting anhyzer, has a gentle hyzer stability.. Haha (still crazy)

Played with it in a mild wind today, updraft on the downhill hole.. Played well, dead straight, gentle hyzer 30' short leaving me 15' wide for a tap in. Performed well and unaffected in a mild breeze. Oh yeah and aced hole 10 again, first shot of the day this time, same hole as last time..

Playing with more height, when I can has helped. Thanks Albatross

Well, just got caught up on the Ohm thread, looks like my question in the MVP thread in regards to relation to Proxy is kind of covered. Sounds like it might be glidey proxy for some folks, but based on your comments throwaenvy I'm going to say sounds like it might not fit that bill for everyone. Has it's own flair if you will.

Do you throw your Proxy, Ohm, Comet, Envy, etc. with slight hyzer or you more of a "flat", or anyhyzer guy? Just asking for point of reference. I typically throw everything on hyzer to slight hyzer if driving. Well, if it's straight tunnel, for the Proxy: more flat for placing around 200ft ish and under. Longer tunnel rips slight hyzer. Comet: hyzer flip all day.

Well, just got caught up on the Ohm thread, looks like my question in the MVP thread in regards to relation to Proxy is kind of covered. Sounds like it might be glidey proxy for some folks, but based on your comments throwaenvy I'm going to say sounds like it might not fit that bill for everyone. Has it's own flair if you will.

Do you throw your Proxy, Ohm, Comet, Envy, etc. with slight hyzer or you more of a "flat", or anyhyzer guy? Just asking for point of reference. I typically throw everything on hyzer to slight hyzer if driving. Well, if it's straight tunnel, for the Proxy: more flat for placing around 200ft ish and under. Longer tunnel rips slight hyzer. Comet: hyzer flip all day.

No doubt for me it's a glidier Proxy.. I wouldn't quite call the Proxy " glideless" the Ohm is pretty glidey. I think I'm at least 75' behind most of the folks, haven't measured but I'm going to guess I throw it 250-internet distance= 220' :). I get the Ohm fairly straight, I just can't get a laser, yet.

Generally I'm a flat thrower or mild anhyzer... I prefer my Comet's stable enough to ride flat, I do hyzer flip the Spin and my most worn electron soft Envy's.

No doubt for me it's a glidier Proxy.. I wouldn't quite call the Proxy " glideless" the Ohm is pretty glidey. I think I'm at least 75' behind most of the folks, haven't measured but I'm going to guess I throw it 250-internet distance= 220' :). I get the Ohm fairly straight, I just can't get a laser, yet.

Generally I'm a flat thrower or mild anhyzer... I prefer my Comet's stable enough to ride flat, I do hyzer flip the Spin and my most worn electron soft Envy's.

Fo sure, Proxy can float. Gotcha.

You're probably not REALLY 75 ft behind most folks. Most people on DGCR seem to claim over 400ft but 80% of those probably 280ft IRL lol.

Fo sure, Proxy can float. Gotcha.

You're probably not REALLY 75 ft behind most folks. Most people on DGCR seem to claim over 400ft but 80% of those probably 280ft IRL lol.

Haha the hardest part is realizing I'm not a 300+ thrower anymore trying to break 400'.. More like a guy trying to keep 300'

Haha the hardest part is realizing I'm not a 300+ thrower anymore trying to break 400'.. More like a guy trying to keep 300'

Just means you can now play within yourself. 300ft is still enjoyable disc golf

I've tried just about every driver and weight in the line-up chasing distance that just ain't there anymore. I have my days where I might be able to get a few out 375-380' - but I'm generally throwing my drivers 325-350' - and only reaching for them when I want more speed than my pop top matrix.

I've tried just about every driver and weight in the line-up chasing distance that just ain't there anymore. I have my days where I might be able to get a few out 375-380' - but I'm generally throwing my drivers 325-350' - and only reaching for them when I want more speed than my pop top matrix.

Yeah I'm not pushing 350' anymore, best discs I've found for distance is a 155 plasma Wave and a 143 fission photon.

Really thinking about backing up the Ohm it's a pleasure to play with. I did a quick tune on it, two light strokes with a dull file on the bottom. Probably shaved a month of wear off. Didn't have hardly any shavings.. Getting a sweet and stable flight, little less HSS. Totally filling the "sweetly broken in" Tangent spot.

Unbelievable short FH disc, a lot easier to get a touch shot without needing the power on an Envy. The nicest thing is it can take all the clean spin I can give it. I might be coming around to a Comet comparison, if by that you mean straight stable..

Well the ohm is breaking into a much longer straight or flight it's mostly losing HSS first... try throwing a little ace run down my long tunnel.. Accidentally threw a cruise missile about 2 ft over top of the pin but on the right line flew about 35' past making for my longest overshoot with a putter on that hole

Yeah I'm not pushing 350' anymore, best discs I've found for distance is a 155 plasma Wave and a 143 fission photon.

Really thinking about backing up the Ohm it's a pleasure to play with. I did a quick tune on it, two light strokes with a dull file on the bottom. Probably shaved a month of wear off. Didn't have hardly any shavings.. Getting a sweet and stable flight, little less HSS. Totally filling the "sweetly broken in" Tangent spot.

Unbelievable short FH disc, a lot easier to get a touch shot without needing the power on an Envy. The nicest thing is it can take all the clean spin I can give it. I might be coming around to a Comet comparison, if by that you mean straight stable..

I've got a pile 157 Inertias... a couple 150 Teslas. Inertia will get me those 375-400' drives but i've gotta be having a really good spin day. Generally they turn out of flat at about 350' when my spin rate dies. I'm playing with some grips (thumb placement) in hopes I might re-find some more spin. I've been throwing a couple 157 Neutron Craves recently and getting around the 350' mark. 340-350' seems to be where all my shots consistently seem to be at right now regardless of mid, fairway, or distance driver.

I did not bond with the ohm - and it's taken me a few weeks to regain my putting form. I should know better than to switch putters. I still need to get a hold of a Reactor.

My initial round with an Ohm has me impressed with it. Right off on the first warmup hole, I pulled it out for the approach. Put it straight at the chains expecting it to drop in short of the base of the pin. It held height and passed just to the right of the chains. As I aim short of the pin on approaches, that was a surprise--and a testament to its glide, I reckon. Threw it on most approaches during the round and it released smoothly and that glide still managed to surprise me by carrying long a few more times.

I suspect it'll be really good for finesse placement, though I have yet to try any serious line shaping with it. I also have no idea how it'll hold up in serious wind. It's a 166g Neutron.

Nice I've got a 167 Ohm, it's held up real well in breezes etc.. It's just a great do everything kind of disc.. I think you could probably start a cycle and cover a lot of shots.. Mine is gaining glide and distance as it breaks in..

Almost had a throw in Eagle with the Ohm, it just kept gliding and hit the front rim from around 250 out downhill. Such an easy point and shoot disc.

Ohm has taken spot in the bag. It basically replaced both envy and proxy. Now I only bag ohm and entropy as my approach/driving putters.

Hey it's scary good but it's not good enough to replace an Envy well maybe one of my Envy's in the bag but that's like my soft E envV which is my proxy replacement. The Ohm's low power requirement to attain glide is what separates it from every other MVP putter in Neutron plastic

Last edited: