• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP OHM - The Comprehensive Thread

But is MVP going to make it in all the plastics?

Soft Neutron Ohm.

:popcorn:

Probably depends on sales. Only Envy and Proxy get the Soft Neutron treatment. Not sure this will but it would be nice. The Neutron on this run is not quite hard OG Neutron but not quite as soft as Soft Neutron. I would call it medium if there was such a thing. I would be curious to see how it is in Electron. Way too much glide for me for putts right now. I would have to adjust and change what I currently do because this disc is crazy glidey (not there is an actually way to measure what glide #s really mean).

Way too much glide for me for putts right now. I would have to adjust and change what I currently do because this disc is crazy glidey (not there is an actually way to measure what glide #s really mean).

Agreed. The second the Ohm goes hyzer, the glide kicks in and it coasts off to the side.

Glidey up front, dumpy in the back.. Kind of the Mullet of discs..

Starting to rethink the 0 turn rating, I can thread about a 8' gap with a long S.. Stretches about the same as my beat electron soft Envy.. That's what I think I will pair it with for a while.

Probably depends on sales. Only Envy and Proxy get the Soft Neutron treatment. Not sure this will but it would be nice. The Neutron on this run is not quite hard OG Neutron but not quite as soft as Soft Neutron. I would call it medium if there was such a thing. I would be curious to see how it is in Electron. Way too much glide for me for putts right now. I would have to adjust and change what I currently do because this disc is crazy glidey (not there is an actually way to measure what glide #s really mean).

Particle had soft n also

Hows everyone else doing with the ohm's? I'm getting it tuned in a bit better, I had to put the plasma Envy down for a week to try and tune it in. I've been playing it with a soft e Envy and my fly dye Z 167 Comet... I still can't get it to laser flat and dead straight but I'm threading the gaps. It will be interesting to see what happens as it breaks in. I feel like it's getting better already but I suspect I've been a little Torquay with my history of Envy's.

Hows everyone else doing with the ohm's? I'm getting it tuned in a bit better, I had to put the plasma Envy down for a week to try and tune it in. I've been playing it with a soft e Envy and my fly dye Z 167 Comet... I still can't get it to laser flat and dead straight but I'm threading the gaps. It will be interesting to see what happens as it breaks in. I feel like it's getting better already but I suspect I've been a little Torquay with my history of Envy's.

All the courses by me have been closed since the release but I have been out many times doing field work with. So it has only got a "field" beating so far, no tree hits or rough ground. It has been laser straight for me when thrown flat. Really it holds any angle all the way through its flight. It most reminds me of an early beat in Proton Anode. It also has a flight not much unlike the Nova. I can't wait to see what they do once beat in. It has definitely made the bag. Lots of putter changes this year.

. I can't wait to see what they do once beat in. It has definitely made the bag. Lots of putter changes this year.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Ohm's making the bag. Hard to give up a spot so easily to such a sloppy burger... Haha bugger... damn I love a sloppy burger the kind that runs down my arms... anyhow..

It's s**t the bed straight and consistently leaves me with s*** the bed putts. It's not a precision scalpel like the Comet at this time.. (calling Marm-O out...) I really REALLY want to know how it will break in. Of course MVP removed all the flashing, perfectly, and I can't bear to file it down.. Bag worthy, mildly goofy and sweet as all heck... amazing powered up approach disc.

It's fighting with a proton spin (fresh), a beat to sweet electron soft Envy and the 167 Comet... it doesn't do what any of them do, quite as well but it does everything really decent..but it hasn't required the beat down time either. Out of the box I like it better than the proxy and it could be a go to "stop gap" mold for me. I love "out of the box" I also throw the goofy 167g ish range and I think that makes them oddly more stable than 170+g

I also throw the goofy 167g ish range and I think that makes them oddly more stable than 170+g

I have a 168 and a 174. I haven't noticed too much difference. They fly pretty similar and often land within 5 feet of each other. I prefer the high 160g range for many of my throwing putters. The only place the 174g shined better was in strong headwind. But even then, the 168g held up well. Can't wait to get it out on the course.

Comet of putters I think not... more like the Eagle of Putters haha. Speaking of that I ran the Ohm against the fresh proton Spin again last night, Entropy the night before....

It can't replace the Spin (since its the Comet of putters haha), the Spin is dead straight on lowest power throws and being able to turn it out of the box is big. There is getting to be more overlap as the Ohm breaks in though or I get better with it. I think I figured out the Ohm though:

Ohms extra glide comes from its hyzer tendency... that weird way that it rides the late hyzer flips the nose up and extends the glide and height while magically only fading off course by 5-10'. The Ohm best activates this glide downhill or flat. Uphill it can't touch the Spin. It also can't touch it's hyzer flip to flat flight and soft, straight UFO hover action straight down on that shot.

I say the "Eagle" of putters because it threads such a tight S. The HSS that it has generally makes it fight a turn to a break-over point (when not exceeded) rides an anny stall then pops back out straight to hyzer.

Most impressive for me is my steep downhill... approx 40 degrees and 250'(?).. The Ohm can be sent out with a touch of anny and it will come back, overshot the pin last night by about 20', Envy would be about 20' behind so extra 40' of distance with a "safe" shot and less power. Spin is "touchy" on that hole.

The Ohm is like all these great MVP qualities from different discs got all stuck into one super average utility disc

Eagle... gross....worst Innova fairway ever... rather throw a Dragon

Funny enough I had excellent luck with a 150 champ eagle real tight flight path, good distance, super reliable tight S flight...

..didn't totally mind the Dragon got warped and chewed real bad, quickly.. Also got some booming drives with a fresh one. Great thumber disc when it warps.. Tightest turning bugger on the planet.

My Ohms have no high speed turn.

As far as "no turn" on the Ohm.. My tell is the downhill hole at my place.. It really tells you where it breaks anny and if it will hold it. Also lets me know what an extra 50' of power would do for me. :) it wanders a touch but it always comes back, a touch.

I'll keep checking it but it drives me a little bonkers that I can't get a good laser out of it, yet... it really should but I'm always trying to cut 5' gaps, 10'+ leaves me wanting... damn Ohm saves me strokes every day though.. We have a very complicated friendship right now...

Mine came with a tiny puddle top, I've been wondering what the effect might be... should make it easier to turn and possibly limit the glide a touch, and add a late panning stability. But that's based on tons of Envy's and Comet's primarily.... And a sample size of 1 Ohm. That's why I'm asking.

As far as "no turn" on the Ohm.. My tell is the downhill hole at my place.. It really tells you where it breaks anny and if it will hold it. Also lets me know what an extra 50' of power would do for me. :) it wanders a touch but it always comes back, a touch.

I'll keep checking it but it drives me a little bonkers that I can't get a good laser out of it, yet... it really should but I'm always trying to cut 5' gaps, 10'+ leaves me wanting... damn Ohm saves me strokes every day though.. We have a very complicated friendship right now...

Mine came with a tiny puddle top, I've been wondering what the effect might be... should make it easier to turn and possibly limit the glide a touch, and add a late panning stability. But that's based on tons of Envy's and Comet's primarily.... And a sample size of 1 Ohm. That's why I'm asking.

Given that everybody's form is different, and one disc may behave differently in the hands of different throwers, some variation is to be expected.I have been really digging the Ohm. The first few days were a bit trying, but after learning low straight and glidey the disc is, I've managed to wrangle it in.

There was a moment when I realized how much I've started to trust the disc when I reached for it on a hole that I would normally throw a fairway driver. The hole is a peninsula green that bends right after a guardian tree, about 390 feet to the pin, sloping away to the left. I normally would throw a Leopard3, EL, or TL3, but there was a slight tail wind, so I just grabbed the Ohm. Gave it a hard rip on a shallow anhyzer, maybe 40 feet of air. The disc did exactly what I was hoping for and held the exact line all the way to the ground. 30 foot put for birdie. Not a shot I would always do, but it felt good to have that trust that it wouldn't flip or fade out.

There was a moment when I realized how much I've started to trust the disc when I reached for it on a hole that I would normally throw a fairway driver. The hole is a peninsula green that bends right after a guardian tree, about 390 feet to the pin, sloping away to the left. I normally would throw a Leopard3, EL, or TL3, but there was a slight tail wind, so I just grabbed the Ohm. Gave it a hard rip on a shallow anhyzer, maybe 40 feet of air. The disc did exactly what I was hoping for and held the exact line all the way to the ground. 30 foot put for birdie. Not a shot I would always do, but it felt good to have that trust that it wouldn't flip or fade out.

F****in cool man, by my math:
360' - tailwind 25' and - internet distance :) 20' give or take haha= somewhere at 315+ feet of distance. I kind of wondered if a stronger thrower would really latch on to it. I feel like an extra 50' of power would really make it shine in my hands (or 6 months of wear- puddle top= 4 months)

I'm not slagging the Ohm by any means when I say variable S or hyzer fade blah blah.. It's like you said about "tuning it in" . I'm trying to figure this suckaa out better, the shots I can't quite tune in is a laser, touch mini anhyzer and the lower speed shots... it's bagged and incredible for pitch outs and long hyzer sweepers and F###in incredible for (very) short forehand!

As with many MVP products you gotta spin it to win it!

Last edited:
F****in cool man, by my math:
360' - tailwind 25' and - internet distance :) 20' give or take haha= somewhere at 315+ feet of distance. I kind of wondered if a stronger thrower would really latch on to it. I feel like an extra 50' of power would really make it shine in my hands (or 6 months of wear- puddle top= 4 months)

I'm not slagging the Ohm by any means when I say variable S or hyzer fade blah blah.. It's like you said about "tuning it in" . I'm trying to figure this suckaa out better, the shots I can't quite tune in is a laser, touch mini anhyzer and the lower speed shots... it's bagged and incredible for pitch outs and long hyzer sweepers and F###in incredible for (very) short forehand!

As with many MVP products you gotta spin it to win it!

UDisc actually has it as 415-ish (hole 2 at Downriver here in Spokane), but that seems long. I'm just trying to hammer home my surprise at it's high speed stability, at least as long as one doesn't torque it.

UDisc actually has it as 415-ish (hole 2 at Downriver here in Spokane), but that seems long. I'm just trying to hammer home my surprise at it's high speed stability, at least as long as one doesn't torque it.

Yeah man you got more juice than me... haha I'm just being a dick... I'm interested and enjoyed the last book you wrote, I read it all. Also 5 beers in

:)

Last edited: