• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP OHM - The Comprehensive Thread

Used to have a dart, much touchier and flippier. The ohm will take more power and have less side movement.

Damn this Ohm is steadily sneaking up in the bag...

I'm not changing my name... :D

Yep. No more Envy in my bag. Still have the Proxy and testing out the Electron Proxy, but the Ohm is just great. Parked several baskets today with the Ohm. The glide is XL and it just seems do whatever you tell it to do with little variance on the line. A keeper for sure.

How are you guys finding the Ohm to compare to the Proxy?

Skimming over this thread a lot of the descriptions sound like the flight I get out of my Soft Proxy.

Real curious to compare them.

How does this feel in the hand compared to the Envy? I find the Envy a little lid-esque and I'm not really a huge fan but I like the flight.

How does this feel in the hand compared to the Envy? I find the Envy a little lid-esque and I'm not really a huge fan but I like the flight.

Envy lid-like? Not sure I would classify it as that. The Ohm has a deeper profile so it will feel "thicker" in your hand. It feels very similar to a Pilot or an Anode. The Envy class are the thinnest putters that MVP makes.

Envy lid-like? Not sure I would classify it as that. The Ohm has a deeper profile so it will feel "thicker" in your hand. It feels very similar to a Pilot or an Anode. The Envy class are the thinnest putters that MVP makes.

The Ohm's height is roughly halfway between the Envy/Proxy and Anode/Ion. Slightly wider diameter than any of them though.

When MVP released the Envy, they called it lid-like in their promos, so I say it is a fair description.

I want a Condor sized Envy... now that would be the ultimate one disc only round fun.

Well I'm betting another $27 on the Ohm, one of the local disc vendors just got some in, ordered a light blue 165 so increasing the sample size to 2. + the heavy 174 SE in the mail.. I'm sure it will get thrown soon enough..

The ohm feels a little less like a lid in the hand than an Envy, feels a bit wider and rounder but also close enough to an Envy that I took to it quickly, also like it better than the Proxy for feel.

Last edited:
Well the Ohm will be a sample size of 3 when my other 165/7g one shows up.. I resisted throwing the SE for about 5 minutes haha. the stamp looks way better in person.

So compared to my 167 yellow... they both have a mild puddle top, the 174g SE is a marbled neutron and I think it feels grippier. The SE is flying straighter out of the box a thankful touch more of HSS which is helping me get my more natural 167 plasma Envy throw to work (little bit of anhyzer flat) and it's threading straighter. A little less anny skate.. same late touch of stability but it's planting a little shorter and easier for me to range.

I can't tell you how scary in similarity it is to a 7g lighter plasma Envy with 1 year+ of wear.. My putters will hear me.

Surprisingly parked all the time, even more so than my light 167 N.. And that sucka is always parked. Definitely lost out uphill for longer distance and glide compared to its light brother but it dominated downhill and flat. For the most part anyways, I missed the long Mirkwood tunnel but it behaved better than I thought on the first try, I'm not sure if I want this one to break in too much or if it does I hope the extra weight helps it keep its laser straight HSS and loses a bit of LSS

165g blue neutron showed up, nice white marbling in it and some random sparse sparkles or metal flake.. Kinda odd actually haha. Looks and feels sexy. Left it in a box in the sun woohoo these things are real straight when they are hot! And so gummy! Haha summer.

It always screws me up when I play on Cortes in July (usually) it's about 25 ish around here on a average day and 34 up there. My discs fly less stable in that kind of heat, after many years if I'm smart I will swap a soft N for an N or go 3-4g heavier if it's an option, or go up from N to proton. Blah blah... I forgot about these 2 months haha summer. Again.!

ECHO, ECho, Echo, , echo.. cho .o

Haha I killed this one. Threw em in the rain, it sucked, gonna go for a soft e envy and the 174 SE Ohm after dinner. That heavy Ohm is super sh** the bed straight. A little anny and it just threads the gaps, no matter how bad (or wet) I'm throwing.

I still like the Ohms but the E Proxy is stealing some of it's thunder. It's hard to tell which I prefer but right now I'm thinking Proxy. Maybe when the E Ohms show up I'll change my mind.

I love that E plastic and the Cosmic swirls just make it better.

When I first tried the Ohm I thought it was a nice disc but didn't see a spot for it in my bag. For driving putters I had bagged the Proxy, Envy and Entropy, but over time dropped the Envy.

First few throws made me feel like the Ohm was largely the same thing as the Envy I had just dropped. Throwing it for a few more rounds I'm a later, more subtle fade with a solid HSS. It's a little more forgiving than the Proxy, but doesn't fade at much as the Envy. Dinged the basket off the tee a few times already. It feels like it'd be a good candidate for a single throwing putter mold. Putts well too, I could see these being my only putter if they were avilable in E.

Another thing I noticed it how similar it is to the Reactor I bagged. Flies likea shorter version, true to their numbers.

Not 100% sure I'll bag it, butI'm going to keep working with it here and there.

Last edited:
Not 100% sure I'll bag it, butI'm going to keep working with it here and there.

Just wait sucker!!! Haha it's creepy good.

It is so broken in Envy. I throw all premium plastic because of wear issues... or just the Envy Mellow.

If you want a fun ride, two strokes with a file all the way around, hit both sides of the flight plate so you keep it flat. Put a mark or some tape so you know where you started from, it takes the new off quick.

I removed a touch of flashing, then, well, you can see my affair with the Ohm turn to obsessive pretty quick. I feel like I'm cheating on my Envy's, but I still love them for putting... but when I play in the yard, I've got two matched ohm's, maybe it's 165 and 167. The tooling on the new blue is better than my first yellow I shaved with the file (just a touch! Don't F out!)... but its going to need a month or two to even get close maybe it is a 165. Tooling on the SE is marvelous and so is the marbling. Going to let them both season naturally.

Anyhow you gotta throw it for a bit if you don't wanna love it a little nasty with a file or sandpaper... but wait, once it starts to break in it just gets straighter and friggin near telepathic!

Last edited:
From what has been reported on this thread... all of them. :sick:;)

Sometimes I feel you are my evil doppelganger ;)

The funny part is I don't usually like soft when it comes to other driving putters. I prefer Wizards and Aviars medium to just a little grippy, but those aren't premium plastic. But there is something about MVP's premium plastics that causes me to struggle to get a grip on the firmer blends, especially in putters. But it could just be that my fingers are a little bit too square to really lock my grip in.

Latest posts