• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP OHM - The Comprehensive Thread

Had a long tunnel shot, too high by about 3' to ace with the ohm last night.. Dead straight, way too far... horrible leave... 60' past the pin... missed the putt.

Extremely happy :D ...that's the furthest I've ever threaded a disc on that hole let alone a putter, good snap!

Mother fu f f ck!!!!! Tried the same shot, same hole.. Didn't put enough on it, focusing on pendulum swing and sh it.....

Lost my favourite yellow ohm somewhere in some green / yellow salaal on an underpowered super spin ricochet.. Bloody damnnation!! It took me 2-3 months to find my glow envy down there!

Crisis averted, tried to lose a dark purple proton Spin at dusk, found the óhm way way way short.

So my Ohm is currently residing in a local course pond, mainly due to user error :doh::mad:
A quick look online and they don't appear to be in stock anywhere I usually shop. Anyone have an extra they can part with? or point me to a dealer that may have them?

So I was scrounging used bins yesterday morning, local shop does buy 2 used and get the 3rd free. Found 2 more TP plastic Comets and grabbed a nice neutron Ohm to round it out. Been intrigued by the reviews but the last thing I need is to clutter up my putter slots.

Threw it in the yard quite a bit and damn if this thing isn't a cool disc. Numbers look pretty spot on to me - slow, glidey and straight. Just seems to want to hold a straight line, FH and BH, and then sit down soft. Maybe drifts a tiny bit right on a RHBH but straightens up and seems pretty turn resistant.

Are my initial results pretty accurate, does it hold up decent in the wind?

I haven't had many problems in the wind with the ohm, but we only have light wind here and I always have an envy. Sometimes a little hyzer adjustment is needed but it's very throwable

So my Ohm is currently residing in a local course pond, mainly due to user error :doh::mad:
A quick look online and they don't appear to be in stock anywhere I usually shop. Anyone have an extra they can part with? or point me to a dealer that may have them?

I have a green 173 gram neutron that I've never thrown that I could part with. I bought a few of the MVP/Axiom putters a while back to try. I liked the hand feel of the proxy and atom better so I've been messing around with those first. So I'd be willing to sell you the Ohm. I can always try it again down the road once they are back in stock. I got it for $16 from DiscGolf Center. I'd sell it for exactly that 16 plus whatever it costs to ship it out to you.

I have a green 173 gram neutron that I've never thrown that I could part with. I bought a few of the MVP/Axiom putters a while back to try. I liked the hand feel of the proxy and atom better so I've been messing around with those first. So I'd be willing to sell you the Ohm. I can always try it again down the road once they are back in stock. I got it for $16 from DiscGolf Center. I'd sell it for exactly that 16 plus whatever it costs to ship it out to you.

Sweet! Thanks for the hook up! I'll pm you.:clap:

Bagged one for a few rounds now and geeze I'm liking this disc. It's taking shots away from all of my putters except the Zone.

Forget soft N, gimme an eclipse Ohm about 170g now!

Bagged one for a few rounds now and geeze I'm liking this disc. It's taking shots away from all of my putters except the Zone.

Forget soft N, gimme an eclipse Ohm about 170g now!

I will Second that!!!! I'd love some eclipse ohms, kinda disappointed they didn't get the R2 nod as well. I'm currently rocking 174 E2.0 envy's and 168 E1.0.... I love the new eclipse plastic glows like crazy, the old ones lose it too fast and I never have my blacklight

Big shout out to hartigan29 for hooking me up with an Ohm after I put my previous one in a pond. Got to throw it last night and it maybe better than my previous Ohm. Its definitely has a bit more glide, going a solid 10-15ft farther than my old one.

If they made a slightly beefier Ohm, I'd take the Envy out of my bag. Yeah, I said it....

The Ohm goes far, with less effort than the Envy for me. I think Mupfish mentioned not really clicking with the Envy for FH, same for me. Ohm just seems intuitive for both BH and FH. I didn't think the Ohm would be this long but the glide is real.

So yeah, I need them to run this in all plastics. I can definitely see a seasoned Ohm replacing my flippy Roach at some point. I just need a slightly beefier one to replace the Envy for headwinds. It's not bad in a headwind, more a confidence thing I guess. It gets pretty windy here too.

If they made a slightly beefier Ohm, I'd take the Envy out of my bag. Yeah, I said it....

The Ohm goes far, with less effort than the Envy for me. I think Mupfish mentioned not really clicking with the Envy for FH, same for me. Ohm just seems intuitive for both BH and FH. I didn't think the Ohm would be this long but the glide is real.

So yeah, I need them to run this in all plastics. I can definitely see a seasoned Ohm replacing my flippy Roach at some point. I just need a slightly beefier one to replace the Envy for headwinds. It's not bad in a headwind, more a confidence thing I guess. It gets pretty windy here too.

Ha, no Envy. Seriously though if I didn't have a stack of seasoned envy and I'd just bought 4 or 5 different MVP putters to try the Ohm would win hands down!

I do like to FH both though, the ohm is very intuitive for FH, I've hit pins I never expected to on get out of jail shots. It's a good 1-2 punch Envy/Ohm FH/BH they complement well with a decent overlap.

The proton glow pilot I have is a stable complement to an ohm, a little less glide, touch more stability but I definitely haven't broken it in, I prefer the Ohm. So I've been throwing them a lot, I went on a very long honeymoon with them, definitely mesmerized by their straight flight. The conclusion I came to is that if I throw just them for too long I can't get my envy to work right when I go back... if I throw Envy primarily they're amazingly straight. Its like I have a mental block where I start to think they are less stable than they are.

Ha I actually got an "accidental" ace on a short tunnel hole last night. Playing some three disc, first throw, grabbed an Envy and heaved it at the pin then I noticed it was the Ohm and clang!

Last edited:
I've got 3 Ohms. My 1st I putted with a little bit after throwing it for a few rounds, now it's flippier and kicked my Proxy out of the bag. The other 2 are backups, they fly much more stable. Great compliment to my my many Envies I bag. I throw the Ohm on hyzer when I need midrange distance but putter type of skips.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Had one of these but never threw it until today. Great disc! Won't kick out the Envy but I was impressed by the good distance and how well it handled FH.

Earlier today...

"I saw you with her," said hawg's Envy.

"Yeah, I was with her and like 50 other girls. It was a party"

"I saw you. You threw her a bunch of extra times. Alone."

Earlier today...

"I saw you with her," said hawg's Envy.

"Yeah, I was with her and like 50 other girls. It was a party"

"I saw you. You threw her a bunch of extra times. Alone."

Ha, so have a fun fling?! How was it?

Last round I slimmed down to ohm/e envy/hex... the ohm did well. Kind of superfluous with the soft electron envy but at the same time just a very similar flight, just a little straighter. Scared a few pins, little more turn than I wanted but never went too far from straight. It's going to last a lot longer than an electron envy too.

I was thinking about the fresh plastic and my addiction problems. Thought about it and really.. Yeah I have too many discs but the ones I have left I will still throw. Felt old haha, like it's the start of the season and I just haven't built my throw, but it's not and my " spring bag" has been the favourites for the last week.

Ha, so have a fun fling?! How was it?

Last round I slimmed down to ohm/e envy/hex... the ohm did well. Kind of superfluous with the soft electron envy but at the same time just a very similar flight, just a little straighter.

My Ohm is like that undrafted free agent (NFL football) that demands to be on the 53 man roster. Just won't quit. Exclusively BH tonight. It went where I wanted it to go, and when it didn't, it was still eerie close. It would start a fade, and then almost drop from the air straight down...(sorta)

Like you say though, there's that Envy overlap. Ton of overlap. The thought that just occurred to me is that the difference between the two might be significant enough to completely explore.

I played 36 this morning, threw my Eclipse Envy the most not including putts. Two or three legit ace runs. Plenty of errant shots, too, only 4 hrs sleep and a sketch round, but you know. Even the errant shots were Envy-errant--that is, C2 and long C2. Made a couple of them.

Point being. I can kick ass with an Envy. I know it. I don't *need* to find a new disc.

This Ohm just happens to be a disc that really vibes with me. It's a weird place to be--knowing I'm fine never bagging it, but also knowing it's a disc that could be first-team all-pro.

My Ohm is like that undrafted free agent (NFL football) that demands to be on the 53 man roster. Just won't quit. Exclusively BH tonight. It went where I wanted it to go, and when it didn't, it was still eerie close. It would start a fade, and then almost drop from the air straight down...(sorta)

Like you say though, there's that Envy overlap. Ton of overlap. The thought that just occurred to me is that the difference between the two might be significant enough to completely explore.

I played 36 this morning, threw my Eclipse Envy the most not including putts. Two or three legit ace runs. Plenty of errant shots, too, only 4 hrs sleep and a sketch round, but you know. Even the errant shots were Envy-errant--that is, C2 and long C2. Made a couple of them.

Point being. I can kick ass with an Envy. I know it. I don't *need* to find a new disc.

This Ohm just happens to be a disc that really vibes with me. It's a weird place to be--knowing I'm fine never bagging it, but also knowing it's a disc that could be first-team all-pro.

Yeah I could be fine without it, but damn if it doesn't work out, kinda like my putter wingman. It could be a prime mover but I like my envy too much. I like letting the ohm tag along but it doesn't putt as clean. I'd do 2 envy and an ohm, but I don't think I could do 2 ohms and an envy.

It's very seasoned envy.. And very suitable for one disc rounds... just not prime putter pocket.

Last edited:

Latest posts