• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

I really think this disc does have a pretty strong niche in peoples bags. If people are throwing something OS it's usually because they want something they can count on.

Glide is not something you can count on. So if this disc has no HSS, a late but consistent LSS and no glide, then it should be the easiest disc to gauge distance with ever. It's like the Zone in that the zone is remarkably HSS and has no glide. It's not like the zone in that it's not that beefy.

This disc makes sense.

Now, this makes me want to get it. If it's got the same range ability as a zone that will be a nice disc.

I have only really used the Resistor on the range. Mainly because I forgot to put it in the bag all weekend. It is different enough from my Rivals that there were times on the courses that I wished I had the Resistor in the bag. I do honestly think it will join the ranks of core discs(like a Firebird) that everyone NEEDS on the course. It is a different flight than those core discs, but it fills that one hole that everyone has trouble filling. For that reason alone, I think it will be their most popular driver once it gets in everyones hands. Discs like the Amp, Volt and Shock are all discs you can work around or overlap with other things. The Resistor is its own awesomeness that I haven't really seen done before. I am curious how a domey would fly, as all the ones I touched are flat flat flat

I have only really used the Resistor on the range. Mainly because I forgot to put it in the bag all weekend. It is different enough from my Rivals that there were times on the courses that I wished I had the Resistor in the bag. I do honestly think it will join the ranks of core discs(like a Firebird) that everyone NEEDS on the course. It is a different flight than those core discs, but it fills that one hole that everyone has trouble filling. For that reason alone, I think it will be their most popular driver once it gets in everyones hands. Discs like the Amp, Volt and Shock are all discs you can work around or overlap with other things. The Resistor is its own awesomeness that I haven't really seen done before. I am curious how a domey would fly, as all the ones I touched are flat flat flat

Good luck ever trying to find a domey. All the mvp i have seen from them the past few months have been flat

Good luck ever trying to find a domey. All the mvp i have seen from them the past few months have been flat

Well I definitely want to see a Proton one. From what I have seen with other Proton drivers, the shoulder seems to come out a little higher with that plastic(I think... :D)

From what I have seen with other Proton drivers.....
:popcorn: Do tell....
Ha... I don't even think he was trolling by phrasing it like that, but let me clarify --- ZJ has not seen any other Proton drivers, except the production Volt and my original Eclipse proto Volt. Don't take his statement to mean that we've got secret Proton drivers here or something.

he's trolling and you're caught in his net

no. definitely not trolling, not every post is a troll post because i would never do that
i don't like the stamp
the pseudo manson almost swastika in the forehead is a luke warm attempt at being edgy
the face is sort of r. crumb but not even close
zombies are played out and if he's not a zombie, then it sure doesn't change my opinion
chains for brains? meh
nose ring? meh
i like the layout and think there is potential, just not feelin' the face
maybe if i was 15 i would be excited

and i'm not hating on the artist, just not for me

opinions are a groovy thing

Ha... I don't even think he was trolling by phrasing it like that, but let me clarify --- ZJ has not seen any other Proton drivers, except the production Volt and my original Eclipse proto Volt. Don't take his statement to mean that we've got secret Proton drivers here or something.
Not to derail the thread off-topic...but....Eclipse drivers? Are those a thing which are coming??

Eventually, yeah. No reason they wouldn't. Just a matter of time until all these things that get thrown out as demands/requests/theories come to fruition.
All I want is one of the following:

Glow Vibram bag (Ridge, Ibex, Ascent)
Glow MVP bag (Ion, Tangent, Amp/Volt)

I'm a lot closer to the MVP glow dream...gimme!

/thread derail over!

Once eclipse is available in anything i buy it and bag it assuming it flies as intended, just for the fact that its easier to find a disc with a white rim.

Not sure why they chose to go with black instead of white, luckily the flight of their discs makes up for the black rim being harder to find. Especially when the disc is angled just right.. you cant see it.

Once eclipse is available in anything i buy it and bag it assuming it flies as intended, just for the fact that its easier to find a disc with a white rim.

Not sure why they chose to go with black instead of white, luckily the flight of their discs makes up for the black rim being harder to find. Especially when the disc is angled just right.. you cant see it.

Well the rims are hard to find but they definitely have some of the brightest colored molds which I like. Big fan of the hot pink

The Carolina Blue and Hot Pink are my favorite. And I've got a black Vector which I'm surprised is so easy to find. It's really shiny.

I've got all my MVP in different colors. The Tensor, Ion, and Resistor are the discs I don't have and there's still the Yellow, Dark Blue, and Purple colors left for me to choose from.

The Carolina Blue and Hot Pink are my favorite. And I've got a black Vector which I'm surprised is so easy to find. It's really shiny.

I've got all my MVP in different colors. The Tensor, Ion, and Resistor are the discs I don't have and there's still the Yellow, Dark Blue, and Purple colors left for me to choose from.

I preordered a purple resistor due to all my discs being pink or purple in my bag, glow discs being the exception. I am excited to see how it looks.

Latest posts