• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

All the descriptions of this discs are actually making me LESS inclined to buy it now. I just don't see where I would ever need this disc. It doesn't fit in my bag, and there's no reason to make a spot for it.

Still, I bet MVP sells a million of them.

All the descriptions of this discs are actually making me LESS inclined to buy it now. I just don't see where I would ever need this disc. It doesn't fit in my bag, and there's no reason to make a spot for it.

yeah I see what you mean

yeah I see what you mean

About not needing it or MVP selling a million? LOL

Now, if their next release is this same speed/glide but understable, I STILL wouldn't buy one, but I could see it being huge for MVP. Someone mentioned in the MVP thread that the Amp was a "slow burn" in that it is gradually becoming more and more popular, especially with beginner-intermediate players who are, I believe, the target market as far as disc buyers go.

anyone else not buying the resistor? your input on that is greatly appreciated...

Since you asked...nope. Snagged a Proto F1 at a tourney plus thinking of putting a Gateway Blaze back in the bag. So yeah interest gone.

anyone else not buying the resistor? your input on that is greatly appreciated...

MVP fans will pick it up. I also surmise it will be a hot seller with the casual crowd. I bet it sells a ton. I dont know what MVPs best seller is, but I reckon its probably the Volt or the Anode. I can see the Resistor being among their top sellers for sure. I bet it outsells the Tensor (and I love the Tensor)

I'm on the fence right now. I know I'll pick one up sooner or later but right now between my Vector and Shock I'm not sure sure where it will fit in.

But the only other MVP disc I don't own is an Ion and a Tensor. I've got a Zone and have thought about trying a Tensor for that spot. Maybe the Resistor will fill that spot instead.

But the only other MVP disc I don't own is an Ion and a Tensor. I've got a Zone and have thought about trying a Tensor for that spot. Maybe the Resistor will fill that spot instead.

The Tensor is not a Zone. But a powered down Resistor might fill the role.

I'm going to grab one. I've been using Banshees for my wind killer/OS disc. A seasoned DX is ideal, with less fade than the Champs but the same HSS, but it can cost you during a round when their stability changes. I've had a go-to one that has been perfectly seasoned for months, but it's just reached the point that I can no longer rely on it not to turn or to fade a certain amount. Attempts to season other Banshees to the same spot have thus far been unsuccessful, and I'm tired of buying new ones to keep trying it.

The Resistor sounds like it'll have the HSS and rangeability I'm looking for without the big early fade that a Champ Banshee has in my hands. At the very least, I'll pit it against the Banshee and see how it fairs. This'll be the first time I'll give another disc a shot at this slot.

so much indecision over lunch money.. everyone in this thread should buy a resistor and have fun throwing discs to nobody in the woods.

I want to throw it, I want to throw it now, but my shock, amp, axis, and ion get me deuces now. I do feel like MVP could make something faster than what is being produced now. Geese even Vibram has an over-stable old shoe disc in their line.
Either way i'm a firm believer in the brand and will purchase one if MVP wont sponsor me or my assoc.

I really think this disc does have a pretty strong niche in peoples bags. If people are throwing something OS it's usually because they want something they can count on.

Glide is not something you can count on. So if this disc has no HSS, a late but consistent LSS and no glide, then it should be the easiest disc to gauge distance with ever. It's like the Zone in that the zone is remarkably HSS and has no glide. It's not like the zone in that it's not that beefy.

This disc makes sense.

I really think this disc does have a pretty strong niche in peoples bags. If people are throwing something OS it's usually because they want something they can count on.

Glide is not something you can count on. So if this disc has no HSS, a late but consistent LSS and no glide, then it should be the easiest disc to gauge distance with ever. It's like the Zone in that the zone is remarkably HSS and has no glide. It's not like the zone in that it's not that beefy.

This disc makes sense.

except by the way it looks the glide looks amazing

There is a big difference between glide and speed out of the hand. Some discs get up to speed faster and this gets interpreted as glide, and well I see them as 2 different things.

For reference, I don't give the Resistor glide of 6. Its pretty normal at 5 glide maximum. I see ZAM gave it 6, I don't. A disc with a glide of 6 needs a lot more carry, and honestly dome, which I don't see the Resistor having

There is a big difference between glide and speed out of the hand. Some discs get up to speed faster and this gets interpreted as glide, and well I see them as 2 different things.

For reference, I don't give the Resistor glide of 6. Its pretty normal at 5 glide maximum. I see ZAM gave it 6, I don't. A disc with a glide of 6 needs a lot more carry, and honestly dome, which I don't see the Resistor having

I have not thrown this disc. Trust Zj or zam over me. I was just discussing the importance of the idea.

Last edited: