• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

Here you go

Also a lot of people are comparing it to a better flying Banshee but yeah, that sums it up nicely. The two sites to give out numbers have it between 6, 4, O and 3 vs 7, 6, 0 and 2 so those numbers are still a bit off from being determined.

If you watched Mike C's video there is a guy later in the video throwing it forehand and he puts a nasty lot of OAT on the Resistor, its as if it is immune to OAT because it just fights right through it. This disc will be great for forehands no doubt, and likely just as wind resistant as the Tensor/Shock which are my go-to for windy days.

In case anyone missed the Mike C video, i will re-post it:

Saw the video earlier which is a great demonstration of it and glad to hear about it working well even with a bit of OAT. At 5 months in, let's just say I am OAT'ing a bit hard still but sincerely trying to hammer it out.

Also a lot of people are comparing it to a better flying Banshee but yeah, that sums it up nicely. The two sites to give out numbers have it between 6, 4, O and 3 vs 7, 6, 0 and 2 so those numbers are still a bit off from being determined.
Who gave it 6/4/0/3? Someone who hasn't thrown it? We threw it to get 7/6/0/2

Does it really have that much glide? Thats wild.

Do you think the glide will somewhat reduce its wind-fighting abilities? Because a 7/6/0/2 sounds MVPbirdish to me, not MVPanshee.

Does it really have that much glide? Thats wild.

Do you think the glide will somewhat reduce its wind-fighting abilities? Because a 7/6/0/2 sounds MVPbirdish to me, not MVPanshee.

It does glide, but it starts fading earlier than a Bird. The fade is slow and forward. When thrown next to something like a FB you can see the glide for sure. It glides a lot more than an overstable Z/ESP Tracker as well, which is another disc it SORT OF reminds me of in terms of speed and stability.

Has anyone thrown the Resistor next to the Trident?

This is the comparison I'm most interested in.

It's really nothing like a Trident. It has more HSS and less LSS. The flight is also a lot smoother than a Trident...It doesn't get slowed down by headwind as much.

I'm not a Trident fan...I tried multiple ones over the years and they never did anything too well for me. The Resistor on the other hand is in the bag already. It's a great mid-fwy tweener for me for wind, FH, and slow reverse shots...Pretty much what I was hoping for out of the Trident each time I tried it.

I feel you on the trident-- it doesn't even really fly lol. Weirdest disc out IMO.

Really hope they make a very US slow disc like this next-- really missing something 5/10 DX flippy right now. something like the old mold visions straight fliptastic.

There is no disc you can immediately relate the Resistor to. Accept it as a new type of fairway driver. It's like all the people that wanted the tangent to be a fuse. The flight is unique but completely useful

There is no disc you can immediately relate the Resistor to. Accept it as a new type of fairway driver. It's like all the people that wanted the tangent to be a fuse. The flight is unique but completely useful

Yep...Another square peg for MVP.

I understand that every disc is it's own no matter how close it is to another.

And I certainly don't want the Resistor to be a Trident...that would defeat the purpose, I would just keep my Trident.

But I am interested in how it "compares" since the Trident is my OS Mid-FW disc. (and this could be due to the very comfortable rim for FH)

If the Resistor fights wind and OAT as good as these early testers are suggesting, then I may have a use for it.

Has anyone tried to go +90% power into it with a FH? I mean really crank on it!

It's a mini firebird in that it has less speed and fade than a FB. Good firebirds are known for being able to handle high speeds and still cruise straight before fading out. The resistor has the ability to fly straight and resist speed and/or wind with a mild fade. It's going to MAKE a spot in a lot of people's bag because of what it can do. Banshees like to flip up, the resistor doesn't really do that. I'd say the HSS of a firebird with the fade of a TB/QOLF

Yep...Another square peg for MVP.

To be honest, except for their names, I'm completely unfamiliar with MVP's stuff, but if they have a habit of making discs that fit in between and around the competitions offerings, that actually seems like a decent business strategy. You aren't going to have more stuff than Innova, Discraft, Latitude, so give people what those manufacturers aren't, and create a niche in the market for yourself. Rather than trying to beat the big boys at their game, seems like MVP's making their own game.

Good to see speed 7 getting some love.

I'll be honest in saying I really hate MVP putters, they feel terrible in my hand. Because of that I never really gave any of their other molds a shot. That said, I am willing to give this one a fair shot and may actually be excited for its release.

Also as a person pretty much ignoring MVP I will say the lower weights is a HUGE deal, I really do prefer low to mid 160's for drivers. A few posters have said MVP discs fly the same regardless of weight for the most part, but that sure don't help me getting a heavier disc up to speed!

Could someone post a profile pic next to another speed 7 like a Eagle X (or Teebird)? I saw the profile pics alone but would prefer one with something to compare it too.

How is MVP plastic in the cold and wet? Here in the rockies we play all winter well below freezing (I think we played in single digits last winter).

It's a mini firebird in that it has less speed and fade than a FB. Good firebirds are known for being able to handle high speeds and still cruise straight before fading out. The resistor has the ability to fly straight and resist speed and/or wind with a mild fade. It's going to MAKE a spot in a lot of people's bag because of what it can do. Banshees like to flip up, the resistor doesn't really do that. I'd say the HSS of a firebird with the fade of a TB/QOLF

I've been looking for a disc like this for a long while now. Closest thing is a flat glo teebird from disc golf values I bought a month ago. Only problem - it might be hard to replace.

I have bought multiple trackers, teebirds,. Eagle-Xs, and banshees trying to find this. I have a trident and whippet, but they are speed 5/6 and have heavy low speed fade.

Last edited:
I feel hat proton is really bad when wet, even hard to wipe dry. Neutron is ok, maybe star-like. But in cold I hate both of them, champion-like hard and slippery. Just played first time with mvp discs in +4 degrees Celsius, not nice... maybe if you can still keep your hands warm it's maybe not so bad, but with cold hand and discs plus wet, it was my worst round in a long time.

I have usually played even in -15 degrees Celsius but not going to with MVP.

Last edited:
How is MVP plastic in the cold and wet? Here in the rockies we play all winter well below freezing (I think we played in single digits last winter).

I have thrown all of my MVPs in temps @ -20F (with gloves) and in the +20s & 30s without gloves.

They throw very well in cold and extreme cold even with gloves. When it gets down around +30, my hands get very sick. A lil licking of the finger tips and breath on my Neutrons help promote better grip. (for me)

Since its the rainy season up here in AK, I have been doing field work with my neutron mids vs my new eclipse. I haven't been able to tell a diffrence in the slickness of the plastics when wet. I use a shammy that gets most of the water.

I have also noticed that proton soft putters seem to be more tacky and better grip when wet compared to neutron soft...however my neutron soft has a dyemax dye on it so that could make a diffrence.

Infinite discs did, after watching the videos and hearing all the comments, yours sounds more correct. Especially with how much glide I get out of all the MVP disc I wouldn't be surprised with the 6.

Also I played Kress creek farms yesterday out in West Chicago on one of the windiest days ever. I was wishfully hoping I would find the resistor magically in my bag.

Latest posts