• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

It's Texas, so yes I nailed his old red extended cab right in the kidney.

I watched ZJ throw it first... thing looked like a real straight flyer with fade. So I lined up my shot and it acted like... well the low-power end of the MVP flight chart for this disc (oddly enough) :D
Besides our vast power differences, he was throwing a max weight and I was throwing a 159g. Yes, a 159g. B*ner!

Torque monkey ZJ vs spin master ZAM

any testers thrown an Z Xtreme or xtra and can compare this disc to them? from the video it doesn't remind me of a trident really and can see why some people will replace their shocks/tensors. I personally will probably drop shocks as they never seem to come out much unless its stupid windy a volt will fly further, easier and have just as much fade or more given the angle and shocks don't fight out of anny hard enough IMO where it looks like the resistor doesn't like to stay flying anny much at all.

The rim width of the Shock, Amp, and Volt are more representative of Speed 9 discs. Why are they labeled fairway drivers? What is the rim width of a Valkyrie and would it be considered a fairway driver? Would a PD be considered a fairway driver? Have always wondered why they are labeled this way when the rest of the industry would consider similar discs to be distance drivers.

The rim width of the Shock, Amp, and Volt are more representative of Speed 9 discs. Why are they labeled fairway drivers? What is the rim width of a Valkyrie and would it be considered a fairway driver? Would a PD be considered a fairway driver? Have always wondered why they are labeled this way when the rest of the industry would consider similar discs to be distance drivers.

you're bad. it just depends.

IMO a distance driver is a disc that you throw when distance off the tee is more important than precise placement...In other words, a disc you throw when you aren't counting on getting a putt for birdie. I've never thrown any of my MVP drivers when distance was more important than placement (I've got longer discs for that).

If Innova released the Valk today, what would they call it? It wouldn't be a distance driver...But when it was released 1.9 was as large of a rim as DG had seen. I challenge anyone to find a 1.9 cm or less rim released in the past couple of years that was dubbed a distance driver by the manufacturer.

This disc is intriguing. It doesn't look like the xXx or flattop firebird I was looking for.

It looks incredibly HSS and incredibly LSS but not until the very end of the flight. My beefy xXx's always started fading quickly even when thrown past 350 (which is long for a beefy xXx).

Very interesting.

I am definitely interested in seeing if MVP can consistantly make lower weight drivers. I throw 150-160g drivers, and would love it if they branched their lineup into a 150 Open class weight range.

Hell may have frozen over cause I have a mild interest in this disc...

discspeed, have you thrown them yet? What are they most similar to in your opinion?

I just got back from a quick session with my Resistors...It flies how I thought it would...Basically between the Tensor and Shock. It is impeccably HSS, yet has the slightly delayed and less dumpy fade we've come to know from MVP's stable/overstable discs. It feels a little slower and smoother flying than a FB. There aren't many discs in premium plastic this speed and stability to compare to. Some of the more overstable premium Polaris LS come to mind, but not much else is even in the ballpark.

I will also quickly mention how similar the different weights were flying for me. The 159 and 166 were really fun, getting some glide and pushing straight a little longer when I really got on them, so I think this is looking really good for those who have been waiting for some lighter MVP.

All the hype that in4d gives MVP and they cant hook him up with a tester disc?

FINGER OF SHAME

by posting misinformation as fact in MVP threads about MVP discs?
hes like a guy standing by a mcdonalds billboard telling people which meals give him heartburn.