• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

From what I've seen so far, it will surely replace my Shock and Tensor. Now I want to pick up two. One light, one heavy.

From what I've seen so far, it will surely replace my Shock and Tensor. Now I want to pick up two. One light, one heavy.

I think it fits perfectly in between the Volt and Shock, to the point where all 3 will have clear uses. Definitely longer than the Tensor.

i dont really get why so many of you are so ready for the new mvp disc to replace the mvp discs you already have. you haven't even thrown it yet and you're already throwing out the discs you have.

crazy talk.

i dont really get why so many of you are so ready for the new mvp disc to replace the mvp discs you already have. you haven't even thrown it yet and you're already throwing out the discs you have.

crazy talk.

:thmbup:

crazy talk.

they dont have the arm for mvp's current fairway drivers, and struggle to hit 300' with the midranges, so i guess they think this will be the answer...

as far as bigsky goes, im pretty sure he doesnt even throw discs..

Its lower speed though, so when you crank on it there will be much later fade than a shock because it fades at a lower speed.

Depends on how long the courses are that you play at, but im thinking i may still need to keep the tensor and shock in the bag because of different distance of shots.

as far as bigsky goes, im pretty sure he doesnt even throw discs..

:doh:

crazy talk.

It's not crazy to want to minimize the molds in your bag. I very rarely use the Shock or Tensor. If this disc can replace them, then I'll go for it.

Doesn't all this lead back to the conclusion that very overstable mids aren't necessary?

If somebody has an overstable mid and control driver that rarely get used how does it make sense to get rid of them both and purchase 1 new disc to replace 2 that don't get used.

Doesn't all this lead back to the conclusion that very overstable mids aren't necessary?

If somebody has an overstable mid and control driver that rarely get used how does it make sense to get rid of them both and purchase 1 new disc to replace 2 that don't get used.

I have booted out my beefy mid slot the past month or two and haven't missed it. Beefy KC roc handles most hyzers and a powered down firebird/zone handle everything else.

I was a doubter for a while but they're just not necessary.

Agreed, this may be why MVP decided not to make the Tensor very overstable.. just slightly more stable than a vector for added wind resistance

First impression for the noodle arm set: Banshee-like flight, but way more comfortable in the hand. This should be a nice disc for low skips, hard flex shots, and wind.

For reference, I am throwing a 174 gram hot pink Resistor.

First impression for the noodle arm set: Banshee-like flight, but way more comfortable in the hand. This should be a nice disc for low skips, hard flex shots, and wind.

For reference, I am throwing a 174 gram hot pink Resistor.

Thanks for the low power review!

Any noticeable difference in the point at which it fades?

Yes I skipped mine beautifully into a co-worker's vehicle :|

It's an EXP for me, and I'm not allowed enough smileys to illustrate my smile about that.

Thanks for the low power review!

Any noticeable difference in the point at which it fades?

I don't have a ton of experience with the Banshee, and not enough yet with the Resistor. Since I am not highly powered, it started to fade relatively early, but it was a forward fade, rather than being dumpy, as is customary with MVP. It does go straight for longer before the fade than my Trident.

I have a couple holes at my home course where I have to put a lot on an OS mid to get it down the fairway, which negates some of the fade that I need at the end. I think this thing will play really well on those holes, as it will finish right reliably (for me, as I am a lefty) but isn't too long.
Yes I skipped mine beautifully into a co-worker's vehicle :|
Into as in it collided with the vehicle, or into as in the window was open and you skipped it in? I am hoping the latter, but afraid it is the former...

Into as in it collided with the vehicle, or into as in the window was open and you skipped it in? I am hoping the latter, but afraid it is the former...
It's Texas, so yes I nailed his old red extended cab right in the kidney.

I watched ZJ throw it first... thing looked like a real straight flyer with fade. So I lined up my shot and it acted like... well the low-power end of the MVP flight chart for this disc (oddly enough) :D
Besides our vast power differences, he was throwing a max weight and I was throwing a 159g. Yes, a 159g. B*ner!

. . . I was throwing a 159g. Yes, a 159g. B*ner!
Indeed! Um, any inside info on MVP producing lighter discs in their regular production runs? That would be sweeeeet!

Latest posts