• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

Only a couple hours a night haha.

And sorry that video has a song in it, you'll ha e to use a PC or certain mobile browsers in desktop view work. After work I'll do a mobile version.

That's strange. I've watched plenty of your other vids with songs in them on my iPhone..

It will take a few shots from each, and its probably kicking out my XXX.

Is it that overstable? I just got my first XXX last month. My XXX is very light, only 165 GL and it flies very straight for most of it's flight and then a nice short fade. If I get a bit of height under it really fades. It's so controllable. I was shocked when I started throwing it because I'd read that it was supposed to start hooking right from release and fly a reverse "C" path.

If that's the case I might try a heavy Resistor for some major beef.

It will take a few shots from each, and its probably kicking out my XXX.

Not to pile on the questions, but, I'm going to pile onto the questions. :D

Does the Resistor fly straighter longer compared to a comparably overstable disc like the Banshee or the XXX? I'd love to find a disc that flew straighter for a longer portion of its flight while still having the turn- and wind-resistance of such discs, and the ability to hold a long, monster hyzer.

Thanks Mike! I'll be back in western PA next month, thinking of your videos as a take on Knob Hill and Moraine once more. ;)

get this video on this page right now...

All i want to know now is how it will power down and fly compared to my Tensors. If it will fly powered down to 150'-200' with earlier and longer fade than the Tensor it will replace it.

This will not replace the shock, however, the shock gets me some monster bombs with superior placement accuracy now that its seasoned.

Resistor based on this video is EXTREMELY resistant to OAT!! that means i will be able to forehand with it! looking forward to that.

The flight looks uber smooth and controllable, im sure this disc is going to be a huge hit.

Mike can you comment on the consistency from weights/colors of the Resistor? Are any of them different or did MVP pull it together full circle this time and give us a solid first run?

Is it that overstable? I just got my first XXX last month. My XXX is very light, only 165 GL and it flies very straight for most of it's flight and then a nice short fade. If I get a bit of height under it really fades. It's so controllable. I was shocked when I started throwing it because I'd read that it was supposed to start hooking right from release and fly a reverse "C" path.

If that's the case I might try a heavy Resistor for some major beef.

XXX's on average are probably a little more OS than Resistors but based on my first day with them I think I'd be comfortable replacing it.

I have never found any disc that flies a reverse C for me. I have never had a disc fade backwards except when throwing in tornado weather.

in4d, its a FH machine and the entire batch was the epitome of consistency. This mold is a home run IMO.

Not to pile on the questions, but, I'm going to pile onto the questions. :D

Does the Resistor fly straighter longer compared to a comparably overstable disc like the Banshee or the XXX? I'd love to find a disc that flew straighter for a longer portion of its flight while still having the turn- and wind-resistance of such discs, and the ability to hold a long, monster hyzer.

Thanks Mike! I'll be back in western PA next month, thinking of your videos as a take on Knob Hill and Moraine once more. ;)

The Resistor is what you are describing. It has the reliability of at least a Predator while still having good forward penetration thanks to the gyro.

Great, looking forward for light weight Resistor (to replace my current 160g F1 for thumbers/tommy) and medium weight Resistor for FH and overstable needs.

Can't wait for the UPS truck to arrive at DN...

Every time you guys post on this website about cool things arriving to your warehouse it makes me want to move down there and beg to work there while living in the back of a uhaul that I rented and never returned (hypothetical......for now).

Every time you guys post on this website about cool things arriving to your warehouse it makes me want to move down there and beg to work there while living in the back of a uhaul that I rented and never returned (hypothetical......for now).

Haha yeah we get to be giddy nerds with every shipment. It is pretty awesome.

I tossed it around in the 250ft parking lot. It is flying as expected, but I havent thrown on lines that require 350-400ft of power.

It is very comfortable in the hand. I think it will have more true utility into a wind than any other MVP driver so far. I may have only been throwing only 250ft but it was flying dead straight into a 10-15 mph headwind before it faded out predictably. I do want to see how it flies in Proton, so hopefully that happens soonish.

I'm gonna head to Arboretum again with some friends. I'll bring my camera and let them try it out some Resistors. They each throw much shorter than me so it'll be informative I think.

I was most impressed in Mike C's videos about how it worked powered down AND powered up. Obviously, a lot of that has to do with Mike's skill but it speaks very well of the disc as well. The Volt and the Vector worked that way for me...could/can handle full power as well as nice touch shots. Ion as well, to an extent, but it is a putter so it's different. Most discs, even in MVPs vaunted lineup, can't handle that sort of utilitarian usage.

It also opens MVP up to a wider range of players. Couple that with the lightweights, and you could see a lot more people throwing MVP.