• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

You make it look too easy!

The Resistor appears to fly like my light weight opto trident...I know some others say it's nothing like it, but those are the lines I'm hitting with it.

The Resistor looks smooth that's for sure. I will likely try one, even if it's just for giggles.

This disc really interests me. I need someone to convince me to buy one.

Here's my fairway lineup:
11x Firebird - straight up beef
Flat Champ Banshee - beef with a little more glide than the FB
AJ Teebird - typical Teebird stuff
C-FD - line shaper, does everything
Beat Icon Patriot - understable duties

Does the Resistor fit in here anywhere? Or can it help me reduce some molds? A ton of my game is with fairway drivers, so I'm always looking for something better.

Unofficial Resistor test 2. Birdied half the course with the blue one.

Getting more and more exited for the release. Also great choice of music for these last two vids, makes me want to listen to them and then a lil' Jose Gonzalez.

Personally I'm not sure I see a slot for this baby in my bag, but I'm looking forward to a Volt'ish disc made with this core!

Personally I'm not sure I see a slot for this baby in my bag, but I'm looking forward to a Volt'ish disc made with this core!

That's what was thinking, but im not going to decide there's no place for it until i throw it. For all i know its going to power down well and replace my Tensor for shorter overstable drives and approaches.. Or maybe just be great for forehand shots with tons of oat.

It does look like a spectacular disc, and from the videos it doesn't skip bad either.

It's a very nice disc.

Thrown low and flat I can get nice skips out of the disc. The skip is usually pretty controlled, it pops up 5-8' high and 5-10' laterally then sits. Very good for running the basket when given that line. Thrown a bit higher with some hyzer and it just bites into the ground and stops. It's a pretty impressive combination of versatility and control that few discs show.

I think it would be possible to drop Shocks and Tensors for Resistors and still have your shots covered. Personally I plan to keep a Tensor for certain, and possibly a Shock. I feel pretty good with the Resistor and a Proton Volt in my bag but a Shock still has its uses for me.

What I really like my Tensors for are tight fairways on short to medium length holes. In the Minerva video I think it was hole 5 and 6, where I throw fairly high powered shots without a lot of height. I love the Tensor for those lines because I can depend on it holding a very straight line, and without much height + that much snap it really doesn't have a chance to fade out much.

That said the Resistor powers down incredibly well. There were times I thought I'd overshot a shorter hole with it and it ended up parked. It's become a cornerstone of my bag pretty much immediately. I would feel confident throwing a round with my putter, a resistor and a volt.

Just because I posted earlier in this thread I am gonna post again. I need to eat some crow. Last night I threw a shock and I must say very impressed. I get it now. I really do. After watching Mike C's videos I am thinking I may have to give the resistor a try. Looks like a flight I could use quite well.

Mike,

Do you have a favorite Resistor weight? Does the weight make as little different here as it does with regular MVP stuff?

I was looking to get a Crystal Zone for my very OS mid slot. I think now I'm going to try a resistor for that slot. Seems to have all the best of a few discs while being it's own thing.

Mike,

Do you have a favorite Resistor weight? Does the weight make as little different here as it does with regular MVP stuff?

I was looking to get a Crystal Zone for my very OS mid slot. I think now I'm going to try a resistor for that slot. Seems to have all the best of a few discs while being it's own thing.

I haven't noticed a big difference. I picked heavy blue and pink for my bag mainly because I liked the colors and they aren't the same color as other MVP drivers in my bag. I had good throws with my 167 and 160 though.

Well not only do I plan on losing my shocks, but I now want to learn how to throw forehand and I have a feeling this disc might be slow enough to do so. I can forehand vectors and axis' alright but I've been looking for a good fairway driver to really learn on and the volt/shock are great for my backhand but I can't control them forehand.

I said I wasn't going to, but I am apparently a liar. My reviewing duties come first, as always! Pre-ordered one through InfiniteDiscs, so I'll see what all the hype is about. I highly doubt this will replace my Tensor. They don't seem even remotely the same. If I still threw Vectors, though, I could see the Resistor possible replacing that. Vectors are sneaky long.

I did some thumber work yersterday with my Resistors and they were great...Slower turn and more predictable movement than the Shock, closer to a Banshee or FB when thumbed. I was very pleased. I was able to get the 159 really high up in the air to get over things and the heavier ones where really long on lower trajectories.

I'm not sure the Resistor will have me dropping any other molds, but at the very least I won't need a newish Shock. There is not much overlap between the MVP overstable mids and the Resistor...The Resistor has much more of a biting fade, where the mids still need height to fade. That being said, the Resistor is the ultimate overstable FWY for powered down shots. On Mike C's video you can see how well it behaves on the 200ish powered down flex shots and hyzers.