• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

Making the release date a Friday makes no sense to me. Especially for online retailers. Making the release date a Monday would make much more sense, that way customers could order the disc and expect to have it before the weekend. Frustrating.

I don't know if it affects the retailers but it affects us. I'll be ordering from DGC on Friday, and probably won't get my discs until Thursday. :|

It is unfortunate if you want it for the weekend. Weekends are however the busiest time for disc golf retailers(just like any other retail).

However when you get it early next week, you then get a whole week to fondle it before the weekend hits :D

Making the release date a Friday makes no sense to me. Especially for online retailers. Making the release date a Monday would make much more sense, that way customers could order the disc and expect to have it before the weekend. Frustrating.
Well, you could look at it as having it for next weekend's rounds, with a couple days to get a feel for it.

The idea behind a set release date is making it available everywhere equally. Being at the end of the week means more dealers can have them on the release date, instead of late because their shipment spanned the weekend.

Look at that...Disc Nation busy responding to forums instead of working...

Get to work ZAM!!!! Its my turn!

I agree for the most part.

I think they do it so it encourages people to buy local.. if you have a local shop that carries them you can get it on Friday, if you order online you have to wait till Monday most likely.

Smart on MVP's part to help local business that way.

I think they do it so it encourages people to buy local.. if you have a local shop that carries them you can get it on Friday, if you order online you have to wait till Monday most likely.

I would think a Monday would benefit local AND online. This way the local buyer gets to try his out during the week, possibly before a tourney. And the online buyer gets it before the weekend. It's a win/win.

Ha. It's funny. When you never play on the weekend, you kinda forget that's when most people play.

My old schedule at DN had me off on Tuesday/Wed. When I switched over from the store to distribution center I got Sat/Sun off. I really do miss playing when no one else does...

Nice spin

Nice spin

Kinda like the way old people, bless us, steer the conversation around to their health.

P.S. I pre-ordered - first time ever. Don't let me down MVP - there greatest company in the world, that never does anything wrong and does all thing for the good of their customers, even better than Batman and new underwear.

Last edited:

or they order the disc and it is there first thing Monday :D

Nice spin
That really is what it's about, believe it or not. Shouldn't be hard to imagine a company like MVP recognizing ways to treat their dealers fairly, especially the smaller local operations. Local stores can have it on the same day megastores offer it, and megastores across the country can't beat each other to the punch. It's good for all dealers.

See, that's one of the reasons I love having Zam and ZJ around. They're able to give us retail insight that others can't.

if he caught on quick I don see what's wrong with that

In my opinion starting off with a speed 8 driver or below is just as good as using the mid to drive. Really as long as you're avoiding speed 9 and above. I started practicing with a buzz, after buying a Valkyrie accidentally, and within a month about was able to properly drive that Valkyrie up to the correct speed.

And of course, depends on the player really :3 I think he's quite ready for it, he started with a prodigy m3

In my opinion starting off with a speed 8 driver or below is just as good as using the mid to drive. Really as long as you're avoiding speed 9 and above. I started practicing with a buzz, after buying a Valkyrie accidentally, and within a month about was able to properly drive that Valkyrie up to the correct speed.

And of course, depends on the player really :3 I think he's quite ready for it, he started with a prodigy m3

Also should add I was practicing almost every day and he's been doing the same. I know he's going to love the hell out of that Volt. The only thing we've been this obsessed over enough to play like this has been Pokemon, as nerdy as that is

Kinda like the way old people, bless us, steer the conversation around to their health.

P.S. I pre-ordered - first time ever. Don't let me down MVP - there greatest company in the world, that never does anything wrong and does all thing for the good of their customers, even better than Batman and new underwear.

better than new underwear? that's a bold statement sir...

So where will this disc go in the bag? Is there room for a Resister and Shock? Or What? Do the other three fairways bump up to control drivers now?

Latest posts