• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

Same here. Tensor works but is short and shock is not really the right speed to hit the lines consistently which I think we are both looking for. Kinda between a FB/banshee/TB or Shock/Tensor

I have a feeling you might bag this oneeeee :D

Yeah I try not to pick up a new disc and force it into a category. I try to discover what works about it. The first time I saw the Clozer, I thought it would fill my want of a more stable Omega. Turned out it was too dumpy and I hated it because I forced it into a hole in my mind. I took the time to discover what made the Clozer work well, and now it is the best putter I have ever used.

That being said, ignore everything I said because the Resistor is definitely flying as "designed". It fills the slightly overstable fairway slot very well. It is one of the few discs that you can pick up and pigeon hole it before you throw it.

Honesty, I have a feeling I will too. I'm also looking for a nice shorter OAT hiding FH disc. My FB is a little too long sometimes and I just don't have the form to FH my Verdicts yet.

Powering down the resistor to approach range shots is something i have not done yet.. but at shorter 200' distances its the only disc i plan on using because of that predictable fade and range-ability.

I don't see how a fairway speed 7 disc could replace my tensor

Powering down the resistor to approach range shots is something i have not done yet.. but at shorter 200' distances its the only disc i plan on using because of that predictable fade and range-ability.

I don't see how a fairway speed 7 disc could replace my tensor

I would consider 200' a powered down shot for a fairway. I typically use my Verdicts/Buzzzes on anything shorter than 350' unless I wanna go up and over or need some kind of skip.

So its release day.. anyone else throw their resistors yet? Would like to hear what everyone thinks about it.

for me its flying just like the charts.. a little bit longer fade when thrown higher than flat though

chart_resistor.png

Last edited:
Someone wanna answer? lol

These kinds of questions can only be answered by the player themself. If a disc works for you, throw it. If a combo works for you, use it. Some guys throw 6 Rocs, which I think is ridiculous...but I'm not playing their game.

So the short answer is yes, you can use a Resistor and Shock in the same bag. :D

Someone wanna answer? lol

If we are comparing current Shocks to Resistors for me I would say yes. For players who throw in say, the 300' ballpark, there might be more overlap depending on how hard and soon the Shock fades out on them. I find the Shock fades later in flight and fades a little more forward, getting more distance overall. The Resistor seems slightly beefier HSS and has an earlier, harder fade. I think the discs might fly more similar if the thrower isn't getting the Shock up to speed though.

Can someone explain to me why everyone is so keen to power this down for mid-range shots? I honestly don't get it. Of course, I'm the dense idiot who only believed in "discing down" after hearing about thirty pages worth of evidence, but still...

I find myself using my mids so much, I just don't see why anyone would want to power down a driver? My Tensor is plenty range-able...as well as my Rocs. I'm interested because I ended up pre-ordering this disc after all, but I see myself throwing it more off the tee on 300-400 foot holes and using it for lines that I would use for a fresh Teebird. So...anyone wanna help me out here? I fear I may not get the benefits out of the disc like everyone else is.

I think they're talking about distances where a Tensor may not fade hard enough. I've used the shock powered down in place of a Vector because I needed that harder LSS and the powered down the shock is beef. That's just me though and I'm probably wrong anyways.

true^ its a lot easier to control a faster disc powered down then maxing a slower one out and when looking for OS/beefy flights that really becomes an issue because mashing on a slower say vector/tensor will not get the same amount of fade as a powered down faster resistor but same distance. It also is easier to reach shorter distances accurately and FH finesse shots when you power down a faster disc.

Last edited:
true^ its a lot easier to control a faster disc powered down then maxing a slower one out and when looking for OS/beefy flights that really becomes an issue because mashing on a slower say vector/tensor will not get the same amount of fade as a powered down faster resistor but same distance. It also is easier to reach shorter distances accurately and FH finesse shots when you power down a faster disc.

exactly, the way this sounds, sounds like it just may kick the flicks out of the bag. I love the flick for it's feel in the hand, flat low profile and stability into headwinds and fade on spike hyzers and powered down shots. it sounds like this disc can do everything the flick can but at a slower speed may turn out to be more controllable. we shall see. I have a 174 purple and 166g pink on the way

I still get pretty good fade out of my Tensor at around 300. Just have to put more hyzer on it. But I see what you guys mean. I think I just lack the finesse to do what you guys do. I tend to not use my Tensor for really long shots...its more of a shorter mid-range for me. Longer than the Breaker, shorter than my Rocs. I use the M1 if I want a real buttload of fade.

From what Im seeing from Mike Cs videos and descriptions from others, the Resistor seems more like a Teebird overstability than a Firebird (analogy is far from perfect, but you get what Im saying) and I rarely, if ever, power down a Teebird. I guess I'll have to spend some time fiddling with the Resistor before passing any sort of judgement on it.

I am starting to see now why those who have thrown them are saying it could fit in a unique spot in peoples bags. Cant wait to put some work in and see for myself!

Can someone explain to me why everyone is so keen to power this down for mid-range shots?

I think some people might also be under-estimating how fast it is. It's *almost* as fast as a Shock. Some people seem to think it is a bit slower than it is.

Alright thanks for the explanation. I just wanna know if the speed difference is noticeable?

I got a tester today from Infinite Discs while at a league event.

Threw it alongside my fairly fresh Eagle X that is within a few grams of being the same weight.

Seems to follow the same lines as my Eagle, seems to fly faster and fade a little earlier. No high speed turn (fresh eagles are the same for me though).

Pretty much lands near where my Eagle does.

Only had a chance to forehand it once but I will say it feels sweet with a forehand grip, much more than my Eagle (which I am fond of for forehands).

Still need to OH one, feels like it might do pretty well at that.

Any idea how they are adjusting weights on these? I am assuming the difference is all in the flightplate and the black part of the rim is the same on all discs, regardless of final weight.

No it's exactly the opposite, flight plate stays same, rim weight changes.