• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

It poured rain most the day after work so i didn't get but 3 throws with it again today, but I was able to stop by a local course and play a couple shorter holes before it started raining again that I normally use a shock for.

I will say that its extremely easy to pickup and range the distance of throws, i was placing shots very accurately distance wise. Given a higher angle throw with some good air under the resistor, and it will fade for a while.. The fade is just super predictable, thats whats most noticeable, its like it locks into an angle and likes to hold that fade all the way to the ground, this will be useful for ranging not only distance, but also the distance you want it to fade laterally.

Being a slower speed disc, the resistor will stay straight longer depending on the speed/snap you give it, but when it begins to fade its not going to dump as quick/hard as my shock, its still a strong fade just a little different in that it seems to last longer and transition slower into the fade. Again i think it has to do with it being a slower disc, so that fade doesn't dump as much when you power down a little.

There is room for the shock and resistor in my bag, i see different uses at longer ranges. As for the tensor, i'm just afraid to take it out because its so useful on windy days and it gets me out of crazy trouble when i need something to throw high with good glide for a sweeping hyzer fade.

Its hard to drop any of my MVP because i grow attached to them after i use them for so long.

Its rainy the next few days... seems like i will never get a good day of disc golf to really test these out.

Last edited:
Well I am officially retired from the disc golf business till Monday!

DiscNation.com will be launching the Neutron Resistor stock stamp AND Chains for Brains stamp at midnight Eastern, 11pm Central. I'm not running the upload this time but it should be near that general timeframe.

Y'all have a fun release day!

They're live. Who's bought one and who's stoked for the disc?????! This thread has at least 50 more pages of life left in it.

They're live. Who's bought one and who's stoked for the disc?????! This thread has at least 50 more pages of life left in it.

It's mother****in' Friday! WHOOOO!

My status has already been updated to awaiting shipping by community discs a few minutes ago. I am so excited for it I might pick up a proton volt this weekend from the Lemon Lake pro shop while I wait.

As soon as Kirk and crew wake up at InfiniteDiscs, I'm sure I'll be getting an email saying mine is on the way. I'm pretty partial to the Stormtrooper MVP discs (great for dyeing, of course) but I also requested some of the brighter colors if they don't have any max weight whites. I'm not as excited about this disc as I have been for other releases (MVP can take my Teebirds when they pry them from my cold, dead hands!) but I do want to throw it and see.

And, as I've said many times already, the fact that they are getting these in lighter weights will prove to bring huge dividends to MVP in the future!

Just ordered one. Honestly I'm not an MVP fan, but the descriptions of this disc sound just like a hole I need filled. I'm prepared to not be impressed, but I'm gonna give it chance to surprise me.

why are you prepared not to be impressed? looks like a pretty unique disc for MVP being new core/OM ratio than previous drivers and being in a totally different class. Its also unique within the world of already OS discs that are very popular and always have been with all players.

get excited you sound depressed about getting something new! wheres the little kid on Xmas eve?

why are you prepared not to be impressed? looks like a pretty unique disc for MVP being new core/OM ratio than previous drivers and being in a totally different class. Its also unique within the world of already OS discs that are very popular and always have been with all players.

get excited you sound depressed about getting something new! wheres the little kid on Xmas eve?

If you show any excitement about MVP your opinions will be drowned out by cries of fanboism.

Of delved a couple at glide yesterday. They feel a little deeper than the other MVP drivers, just a tic. Looks like beef!! Got a 160 on hold to pick up today. Super excited to throw this disc as my over stable driver slot is always in flux.

So I don't want to read this entire thread. But the jist is that resistor = banshee with more glide and will beat in slower?

So I don't want to read this entire thread. But the jist is that resistor = banshee with more glide and will beat in slower?

Not exactly, from what I've been able to gather. It sounds more like a DX Banshee with some wear: super turn resistant, but a later fade than a fresh or Champ Banshee.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, because that's what I'm hoping it will be, but the reviews I've read so far more or less corroborate this.

rumor has it that this disc is its own sparkly rainbow trailing OS flight path unique and incomparable to any other disc that was ever or currently is on the market. get ready to pee your pants upon first throw. (there is some serious in this)

is that better discspeed?!

This attitude comes from me being disappointed with every MVP disc I've thrown. I've owned every single mold at one point, and none have made the bag. This is MVPs last chance to make a good impression on me.

If you show any excitement about MVP your opinions will be drowned out by cries of fanboism.

Haha. I'm not worried about being a "fan boy". I throw an extremely mixed bag. I give most any disc a fair chance. The reason I think the Resistor has a good shot at impressing me is because it's a true fairway driver. I didn't like the Shock/Volt/Amp combo because they were too long to be fairways and too short to be distance drivers. They just didn't fit in my bag. The flights were great, just not what I needed.

I checked all the shops around Charlotte. All say they'll be getting them but don't have them. :(

I'm heading out the USDGA tomorrow. Maybe I can score one there (although I don't hold out much hope because it's an Innova sponsed event and MVP doesn't have a team yet.)

O well, I'll hit up communitydisc next week.

Ouch. not sure its their LAST chance being its one of their first slower fairway drivers produced but I feel you. Whats IYB now mostly? I think a lot of times new discs are expected or wanted to replace/fly certain ways and it is hard to appreciate or even start to like using them without really letting it be its own mold and trying to use it like you need-- I am never let down with a disc in this case only when I am looking for that elusive "replacement for the buzz, longer tb, roc" and so on.

I cant imagine trying all the mvp molds for a long time and not bagging 1 (but my bag is stuffed full) and understand they wont take over anyones current bag but you sure can set one hell of a consistent one up with them.

I'm not looking to replace anything ATM. My fairway lineup is: Firebird, Banshee, Teebird, FD. What I'm honestly hoping the Resistor does well is power down into a good overstable longer mid/shorter fairway type disc. Kind of like a Trident, but straighter. From what I've read, the Resistor powers down well.