• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

anyway . . .

awwwwww yeah! got a 25$ gift card to GGGT for christmas. snagged a 171g white tangent. dye job city baby.

now, THIS flies and feels like i'd hoped for. it's flat, feels sleek, not like my protons that have more dome on them. and the turn . . . is fantastic. probably the easiest disc in the world to throw. now i'm in love.

The Tangent has been on my mind as a MVP disc I can throw for a while. I have a light blue MikeC stamped #23 of #25 in my possession, haven't decided to save or throw it yet! Feels awful good in the hand, and the rim is almost as shallow as a fairway driver.

The Tangent has been on my mind as a MVP disc I can throw for a while. I have a light blue MikeC stamped #23 of #25 in my possession, haven't decided to save or throw it yet! Feels awful good in the hand, and the rim is almost as shallow as a fairway driver.

I have #18 of 25, also a light blue Tangent. Throw that sucker... it's awesome!

Throwing 174 orange Tangent today (1 disc round) at T-2 short. Got -4 for a round. Working on knowing that disc more. Loving it. I need to work on sweeping hzyer as I tend to throw straight'ish when I wanted a hyzer line.

anyway . . .

awwwwww yeah! got a 25$ gift card to GGGT for christmas. snagged a 171g white tangent. dye job city baby.

now, THIS flies and feels like i'd hoped for. it's flat, feels sleek, not like my protons that have more dome on them. and the turn . . . is fantastic. probably the easiest disc in the world to throw. now i'm in love.

Man, I'm trying to save for a basket and here you go and make me buy a white 169 neutron tangent. I've got a 172 orange proton that I've just never really liked. I'm hoping to have the same reaction you're had.

I still don't know if I should buy the Tangent in Proton or Neutron plastic, because some people say Neutron is less stable and others say the Proton is less stable.

I still don't know if I should buy the Tangent in Proton or Neutron plastic, because some people say Neutron is less stable and others say the Proton is less stable.

Buy one of each. Keep the one you like and sell/trade the one you don't.

Sounds like a stupid thought for me to order two discs, pay 6.90€ postage and right after order again for two/three more discs, and pay 6.90€ postage again. I want to have multiple Tangents so I can practice better.

ugh

and some people say its he same in bth plastic

any real answer here?

Sounds like a stupid thought for me to order two discs, pay 6.90€ postage and right after order again for two/three more discs, and pay 6.90€ postage again. I want to have multiple Tangents so I can practice better.

I'm sorry if you thought my suggestion was "stupid".
Good luck and good day!

Yes, that is stupid. You should buy 10 of each, then sell the ones you don't like.

they are the same.

tangents fly like tangents. Proton plastic is a little more durable in the long-run and stays glossy longer thus maybe being a little faster like champ vs star plastics so some probably get a little extra LSS out of the proton if they are not getting a lot of spin on the disc. I have thrown a ton of tangents and you really just need to go by what you like for color/feel.

I have had a flat top tangent but it domed back up after use and it was a little less HSS than other I have thrown but not been able to find another flat one and flattening the backup I have didn't work.

ime with tangents, plastic does not matter. it is all about dome for there stability. my proton beat in much quicker than my neutron(perhaps the proton started off with less dome though). i threw my white N for 3 months before i re-doomed it. took my proton about 3 weeks. i wouldnt say i had any increase or decrease in my rate of play during those periods either.

Both plastics fly very similar to one another, can't go wrong either way. I think long term Neutron seasons to feel a touch grippier and proton wears a bit slower, but the differences are very minimal.

i think it's the same as any disc. it's hard for me to read PLH on these for me, though. my neutron is flat and light, it also has more turn. *shrug* there are variances, and that's that. while MVP hasn't mixed and matched different tops/bottoms of discs, they are not 100% perfect.

^my flat one was like that when brand new but domed up :/ still miss that easy peasy point and shoot that the "normal" tangents don't quite power down the same but also prefer them overall and the difference is really very minimal only in the HSS.

Tangent saved my ass today. I felt like I was determined not to win my league today. After going -4 through 10 holes with 2 bogeys, I fell apart and dropped to +1 somehow. It could have been so much worse. I started shanking drives, hitting trees 30 feet in front of me and sinking 30-40 foot putts off recovery shots to avoid an even worse score. Parked the last hole with the tangent to tie the leader and scramble back to even. then parked the playoff hole with the tangent to win it. Thank you tangent!

Last edited:
I had a 172 orange proton tangent for a few months and didn't click with it. So, I got a white 169 in Neutron plastic and this is what I was hoping for. I can see what all the fuss is about now. It is so easy to throw straight.

When I practice 150-200 upshots at the basket with all my mids the Tangent is almost always the closest one to the pin. It's just easy to throw. Point and shoot.

While there may be no difference to some I loved Neutron plastic over proton in every single mold where I've compared the two. The only proton I like better is the soft proton eclipse Ion.

The proton stuff is good but always feels very stiff to me. More like the older Champion stuff. Neutron feels more like Star (which I like too) so it may be just a personal preference thing.