• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I'd say that, if you don't see turn from the Crave, you won't see any from a current Volt.

I do see some drift with a Crave. That is for sure. Same as my current champ Teebird. I guess what I'm torn on is whether or not I should just start adding a little hyzer to the Crave and expecting it to pop up just a touch or look for another mold that will provide that zero turn that I want.

I do see some drift with a Crave. That is for sure. Same as my current champ Teebird. I guess what I'm torn on is whether or not I should just start adding a little hyzer to the Crave and expecting it to pop up just a touch or look for another mold that will provide that zero turn that I want.

The Volt doesn't really want to turn, even after some break-in. It will fade a good bit though, kind of have to beat that out of it if you're wanting a more straight flyer.

yeah new volts would overlap with a tesla a little bit for sure. I don't keep a "fresh" volt in the bag or crave for that matter. My seasoned volt fits perfectly between the crave and tesla with no high speed turn (much less than a seasoned crave or beat up TB) but also less low speed fade than a seasoned Tesla.

It should be very obvious when you hold a new volt how it differs from those FR's with a slight shoulder/dome. I would be extremely surprised if the brothers don't replicate that mold with some plasma volts. People like those FR's for some reason but I think having lighter ones for people would be nice. Don't see many under 171g and wouldn't buy one lighter if you want "real" volt.

new volts won't turn at all really. I'm actually trying to beat one to hell and back to achieve some turn because I missed out on the early ones.

When they are fresh they practically fly as far as a new tesla, but as they both season the gap between them grows and the 3 discs fit together perfectly if the straight/stable slot is important to you at all 3 ranges.

I have kind of the same delimma with a newish Crave @ my power. Enough drift/hold that on a flat release it can get away from me to the right, but not enough where I can consistently flip it all the way up from a hyzer for a full on straight laser without more fade than I want. It's right in that sweet spot for me, or I should say sour spot, lol. It's a great line holder on annys or hyzers, it's just right in that zone where I can't trust myself to get it really straight.

Last edited:
The Volt doesn't really want to turn, even after some break-in. It will fade a good bit though, kind of have to beat that out of it if you're wanting a more straight flyer.

If you don't mind an easter egg hunt type of thing, try finding one of the more stable Amps. I'm not sure really if they're the "newer", "older," or just some runs come out that way. I've got a couple that are really close to Volts in profile, but a tic less stable new, a bit straighter maybe.

Beat up those craves!!!! (seriously.. magical)

Also Jcass- IMO a beat up proton volt can actually be longer than a tesla. It just keeps going FW in the LSS while not turning over laterally in the high speed portion of the flight. Crazy long and straight 400+' shots. I dropped in for a 3 on a 750' hole (literally hit your head on the basket picking up the disc drop in) and threw 2 stupid laser beams.

I haven't gotten a Volt that far into the life cycle, currently my Teslas' are still longer but I could see it happening as the Volt has a lot more glide and does seem to just go forever in the LSS portion of the flight even when new, I wouldn't call them dumpy, they just go further to the left.

It's almost a strange lifecycle with the Tesla and New Volt overlapping in the fresh stages, then separating, and then starting to overlap again.

Pretty sure the Tesla would handle headwind better at that last stage though, and if I ever get there would still bag all 3 molds.

Beat up those craves!!!! (seriously.. magical)

Also Jcass- IMO a beat up proton volt can actually be longer than a tesla. It just keeps going FW in the LSS while not turning over laterally in the high speed portion of the flight. Crazy long and straight 400+' shots. I dropped in for a 3 on a 750' hole (literally hit your head on the basket picking up the disc drop in) and threw 2 stupid laser beams.

It sounds like our power is about right in line. I think I'll be picking up a Fresh P Volt to try in this slot. The Crave is AMAZING but I'm finding that it is more of a disc that I reach for precision drives and line shaping whereas I use my Tesla for "I'm going to rip this thing and let if fly" type shots. I'm gathering that the Volt is the balance between the two.

Probably time for me to get a new Volt. My N is about what I would expect from a fresh Amp at this point.

If it turns and you really don't want it anymore, I will totally buy it off of you for the cost of a new one. :D

It sounds like our power is about right in line. I think I'll be picking up a Fresh P Volt to try in this slot. The Crave is AMAZING but I'm finding that it is more of a disc that I reach for precision drives and line shaping whereas I use my Tesla for "I'm going to rip this thing and let if fly" type shots. I'm gathering that the Volt is the balance between the two.

:hfive:sounds right to me. biggest difference between it and the volt would be the low line skips finishing with harder lateral movement and the tesla will flex out of the anhyzer line for a helix while a volt would hold and pan out late.

My crave is getting in the ballpark of an inspire, but doesn't have as much turn yet. Almost zero fade now though. I would put it at 7 5 -.5 .5 right now.

Last edited:
Are the max weight blue sparkle volts anymore (over) stable than regular?

Not really. I've had/bag many sparkle MVP and it has no impact on stability like you see often with MF innova runs being the most OS. Flat top/shoulder and its going to be an OS volt. Any dome/shoulder raise (lighter weight FR's too) will fly with a little softer fade.

Background: I've been using Heavy Neutron Volts as a more overstable compliment to both my Neutron Craves and Pro Wraiths. The Volts are straight to fade and handle the wind well. They are also slightly longer than my Craves and slightly shorter than my Wraiths.

Recently I've been toying with the idea of using my Volts as my distance driver and maybe even as my fairway also (though I doubt I'd be replacing my Craves). Volt is only slightly shorter than Wraith at my power (Wraith will go 330-360 versus Volt 320-340/350). Since I've been throwing them back-to-back, I've been noticing/thinking that if the Volt had just a little more wiggle at the start of the flight, it would be as long as my Wraith.

I use my Wraiths in different wear stages and eventually planned on another plastic also, but when they announced Plasma Volts, I was thinking I could use Volts in a similar way. Well now MVP has messed with my thinking by also releasing Fission Volts.

So question, if you were a noodle arm like me and were going to use Volts as your only distance driver, what set-up would you use incorporating the new plastics? I already love my Neutron for straight to fade (and thumbers). What else should I add? I basically throw fresh Pro Wraith (some turn then fade) for max D, beat Pro Wraith (more turn less fade) for right turns, and very beat Pro Wraith for rollers. Volt fills the straight to fade complimentary role.

Thanks for reading this wall of text.

Sounds really similar to what I was doing when the volt first came out and I decided to drop anything faster. Carried just volts and amps that summer and worked out really well for me to clean up things as well as learn to shape shots much better.

I personally would go with a flat and heavier proton/neutron that is HARD and will stay basically as your "os" driver. You alaready have a neutron that will keep seasoning and the fade will continue to disappear with glide increasing a little. Really wouldn't worry about getting a fresh volt until you notice the fade is actually starting to disappear which could take a while.

Then you have fission and plasma options with weight ranges to consider. I personally would get a sub 160's fission volt as a calm day/max D driver and tailwind bomber etc (these are still very much a volt but easier to throw and have more glide) The plasma at low 170's to mid 160's then becomes your "go-to" volt. Plasma have a little more high speed turn than other volts due to the dome and a very FW fade.