• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Yeah I saw all this. I just checked on it myself. There was a mix-up. Labeled 156g by the factory. I just weighed it myself. I sincerely apologize that we told you it was 156g. They understand now that when someone asks to confirm the weight, it means weight it! :D

Yeah I saw all this. I just checked on it myself. There was a mix-up. Labeled 156g by the factory. I just weighed it myself. I sincerely apologize that we told you it was 156g. They understand now that when someone asks to confirm the weight, it means weight it! :D

For those curious it ended up being 174g... :gross:

It didn't feel like 156g when I picked it up. Definitely knew it was mis-marked right away.

No problem at all man, these things happen. I figured it was mislabeled. You guys always take good care of me, so no complaints on this end!

Man this disc just keeps coming back.... it's almost like a zombie...BRAINS!!!!!!!! I picked up a new N the day the proxy was released, after not having one for about 6 months, and its a love affair all over again. After throwing an early volt for almost a year(and losing it on a throw I should never have attempted), I had an E volt for about 6 months(and lost it in a lake on a throw I should never have thrown). The evolt had just started to break off its dumpiness so I didn't really get to love it like the original. But my new one is just right, beefy enough to handle winds but just goes like a bat out of hell. Didn't even have to give it the AFTC treatment.

Last edited:
If you don't throw volts you are missing out IMO. The disc just gets so much better with age and the newest runs are stupid reliable with such a consistent flight. I honestly could get by with most shots just throwing a volt if I was going with a super simplified bag. It does everything well when you have more than one to work with.

So how much different is the first run Volt? I only have a first run and I do not take risky shots for fear of losing it.

a beat to hell current run is pretty much the same thing. New a volt will have no high speed turn and some decent fade but break into a very straight flying disc. It wont be a easy journey though to get a volt to where the lighter/domey FR's were with the high speed turn. Not ALL first run volts were that way tho just many in the lighter weight which is now OOP.

Get some N or P volts and just thrash em up! or a crave too for that matter.

that crave ive posted a few times seriously IS magical. I have a volt which is getting there too after loosing my baby last summer. I still am going to find that thing in the pond weeds' surely no one else has yet.. hopefully the ice and spring thaw shove it closer to shore lol.

Today I had a chance to test a volt, tesla, and inertia. It was the first time I have thrown any mvp disc faster than their speed 7 class. I was throwing them with various PDs, OLFs, and OLSs for comparison.

The 173 neutron volt I threw was easily my favorite of the bunch. It just had a little tick to the right followed by a very long forward fade. It was easily getting out further than all the PDs and was just a touch longer than a 166 QOLF.

I liked it enough that I'm going to pick up a few more in different weights and plastics and see if it can cover a range of shots like the PDs do.

Today I had a chance to test a volt, tesla, and inertia. It was the first time I have thrown any mvp disc faster than their speed 7 class. I was throwing them with various PDs, OLFs, and OLSs for comparison.

The 173 neutron volt I threw was easily my favorite of the bunch. It just had a little tick to the right followed by a very long forward fade. It was easily getting out further than all the PDs and was just a touch longer than a 166 QOLF.

I liked it enough that I'm going to pick up a few more in different weights and plastics and see if it can cover a range of shots like the PDs do.

Fair warning. Next to impossible to find Volts < 170, and you probably won't see enough variance in flight from plastic/plastic to instantly cycle that way. edit: at least from proton to neutron...once the 'plasma' Volts hit the shelf, that may change things both on plastic differences, and lower weights.

I got lucky and found a used volt at PIAS last night. It's got a few small nicks in the overmold so I'm excited to see how it will fly.

^Probably. Really though, aside from throwing it, I think the only way to know if you've got one of those Volts with the HS turn tendency is to look at the shoulder rounding/plh and compare that to one that you know is one of the "beefier" ones.

its pretty obvious once you have handled enough volts.. those weird FR's have a "dome" sort of. . . lol

"real" volts are flat and almost concaved.

You guys make me want to throw them I have two first runs, one is even under 170 I believe, but I have never clicked with them. :gross:

its pretty obvious once you have handled enough volts.. those weird FR's have a "dome" sort of. . . lol

"real" volts are flat and almost concaved.

Hmm I wonder if my Metallic Neutron Volt would fit that bill. It seems to have a pretty high shoulder and is "domier" than other Volts that I have handled. It seems to be a lot more squirelly than the other zero turn volts I've thrown.

Latest posts