• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

The used one I picked up is definitely not a first run. Despite being noticeably more worn, it flies identically to my other one.

Hmm I wonder if my Metallic Neutron Volt would fit that bill. It seems to have a pretty high shoulder and is "domier" than other Volts that I have handled. It seems to be a lot more squirelly than the other zero turn volts I've thrown.

yep. Prototype "plasma" volt my man. Probably going to break the MVP threads from all those people wanting their FR volts back not to mention ones whigh might weight less than 170g' :D

I have a question that has been bothering me. I have 3 Volts. They are as follows:

1. Proton, high PLH, super flat, even a little puddle top. 171g. Very overstable, almost shock like in flight. Really have to crank it to get any turn.

2. Neutron, medium PLH, medium dome, 173g. More US than most of my Amps. From a hard hyzerflip it will turn hard, and if thrown <15 ft high, will never fade back. On an 85% throw it will flip dead straight and ride a line with little fade.

3. Neutron, low PLH, super domey, 174g. I just got this one in the mail today, really curious how it will fly.

What's going on with these? I assume the Proton is from a very different run, but I've never seen a Volt like it before. MVP gods, grant me your knowledge, please.

I have a question that has been bothering me. I have 3 Volts. They are as follows:

1. Proton, high PLH, super flat, even a little puddle top. 171g. Very overstable, almost shock like in flight. Really have to crank it to get any turn.

2. Neutron, medium PLH, medium dome, 173g. More US than most of my Amps. From a hard hyzerflip it will turn hard, and if thrown <15 ft high, will never fade back. On an 85% throw it will flip dead straight and ride a line with little fade.

3. Neutron, low PLH, super domey, 174g. I just got this one in the mail today, really curious how it will fly.

What's going on with these? I assume the Proton is from a very different run, but I've never seen a Volt like it before. MVP gods, grant me your knowledge, please.

#1 Sounds like a brand new Proton, maybe a little more OS than normal. honestly I would love to have one of those for windy days.

#2 sounds like an AMP thats totally beat. I can't imagine ever getting a Neutron worn in to this point to be honest.

#3 Super Domey Neutron? I didn't even think super domey was possible, and the latest runs have all been SUPER flat in my experience. Is it metallic by chance?

2 and 3 don't sound like Volts. Can we get pics? Profile Pics? I'm interested just to see a Super Domey Neutron disc :D

All 3 have the patent pending tooling, and the Neutrons are not metallic, they are just like the other 30 Neutron discs I have. They are definitely not Amps, unless MVP stamped "Volt" onto them and tooled it into the overmold as well.
20150223_191108.jpg

All three up next to an Ion for a common reference.
3_ions_comp.jpg

The supey domey blue and the flat Proton. The pink Neutron is slightly flatter than the blue one. Both sitting flat.
domey_flat_up_comp.jpg

The blue and the Proton both sitting upside down on their flight plates to demonstrate the dome.
domey_flat_down_comp.jpg

those look like the "flippy" first runs. I haven't seen any volts with that kind of dome in a while.

Where did you buy them? That flat proton is pretty much how all the volts are now.

bummer. You wont find any volts like that really retail these days. I am sure you would have NO problem trading them off though for "real" volts as lots of people like those FRs.

I certainly don't plan on getting rid of them; when thrown correctly it's an absolute laser. My Amps are just going to get very, very lonely in the closet.

yeah and with plasma volts being a possibility its not out of the question seeing some domey volts like that again. They really do complement a "real" current run volt well.

Yeah I would kill for that blue one for tailwind shots. I must have joined the mvp bandwagon too late to ever rub into one like that. Cool find. I'm hoping plasmas have the ability to be flippy like that.

Yeah I would kill for that blue one for tailwind shots. I must have joined the mvp bandwagon too late to ever rub into one like that. Cool find. I'm hoping plasmas have the ability to be flippy like that.

All you need is to get lucky on the MP. I started my MVP collection roughly a month ago, been scooping up all of the molds in my sig ever since.

I certainly don't plan on getting rid of them; when thrown correctly it's an absolute laser. My Amps are just going to get very, very lonely in the closet.

Actually, after looking through my stack of Amps, I have a couple that are high plh/flat top that will probably provide a good tweener for the flat and domey volts.

Actually, after looking through my stack of Amps, I have a couple that are high plh/flat top that will probably provide a good tweener for the flat and domey volts.

Yes they do. (See pics/comments in the Amp thread.) Those "stable" Amps are like slightly seasoned "stable" Volts when new. I've got one now that has some abuse on it and some turn, hold, late mild fade. Kind of like the Crave's flight "numbers."

Now that the dust has settled on the "straight to fade" discs in the MVP/Axiom lineup (Crave, Volt, Tesla) which combinations are you bagging?

I tried to go without a volt and that's just dumb--such a accurate and long flying disc! Craves give a little more control in the woods for me while the tesla is a better headwind control driver or for playing skip shots.

I think I need to investigate the Volt again. I'm giving my Teebird the boot as it has started to get wiggle in the middle even after a tail wind.

I find that the Crave is my ideal fairway disc in that it is just straight straight straight. I use the Tesla as my go to "distance disc" while I wait for a GYRO distance driver. The gap between those two discs is not enormous but I think that a Volt might provide me with the straight to fade shots in between those molds.

The few volts that I have tossed have all turned for me a bit and I just don't want that out of this slot. That said, I haven't really thrown a fresh Volt since the first run.

I think I need to investigate the Volt again. I'm giving my Teebird the boot as it has started to get wiggle in the middle even after a tail wind.

I find that the Crave is my ideal fairway disc in that it is just straight straight straight. I use the Tesla as my go to "distance disc" while I wait for a GYRO distance driver. The gap between those two discs is not enormous but I think that a Volt might provide me with the straight to fade shots in between those molds.

The few volts that I have tossed have all turned for me a bit and I just don't want that out of this slot. That said, I haven't really thrown a fresh Volt since the first run.

I'd say that, if you don't see turn from the Crave, you won't see any from a current Volt.

Latest posts