• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

This probably depends on the Teeber in question. I think it was Mike C that drew the Crave/DX Tbird comparison.

The Servo is close to a Champ-type tbird flight for me, except for the fade, where I think the Servo is a bit dumpier/less penetrating.

yeah craves don't really turn or flip to flat from a hyzer when new. My uber thrashed one is very much like a teebird now though regardless if you are talking DX, seasoned star, sweet spot champs etc. The QJLS? is basically a better TB if I understand correctly which is what this disc is modeled after if my memory is on point, per Zam?

Servo is more eagle-ish IMO.

yeah craves don't really turn or flip to flat from a hyzer when new. My uber thrashed one is very much like a teebird now though regardless if you are talking DX, seasoned star, sweet spot champs etc. The QJLS? is basically a better TB if I understand correctly which is what this disc is modeled after if my memory is on point, per Zam?

Servo is more eagle-ish IMO.
Doubt they modeled Crave's profile off of the QJ... I don't think they were Millennium throwers. Whereas my bag was mostly Millennium and a few MILL drivers were what I was hoping to replace, and kept waiting for a QJ, and that's why I brought up comparisons in the past. Crave essentially covers the QJ spot now for me. QJ performance is kind of archetypal, they wouldn't need to be familiar with it to get a similar flight profile.

Servo does have Eagle flavor; Crave has seasoned TB/TL flavor. QJ is a 16mm rim so the speed is a bit off from TB/TL, but the stability profile is there IMHO.

^So, for all intents and purposes I've never thrown an Eagle (bagged one from month 3-6 of playing.) Probably the wrong place for this, but Aim/Zam/et al, what're the flight aspects of it that correspond to the Servo? Not trolling, genuinely curious.

^So, for all intents and purposes I've never thrown an Eagle (bagged one from month 3-6 of playing.) Probably the wrong place for this, but Aim/Zam/et al, what're the flight aspects of it that correspond to the Servo? Not trolling, genuinely curious.

For you, who knows? Seriously though, Eagle has turn and fade, Servo straight w/fade...more like a Teebird.

An eagle is basically a teebird which turns a fades a little more. Like the clash/servo I believe they are designed to keep their LSS as an eagle would while a crave beats into straight like a teebird or TL is.

Teebird is straight with fade, Eagle is turn with fade.

I found the Servo to be more straight with fade and the Crave to be more turn with fade. Other people's experiences seem to differ from mine regarding these discs.

An eagle is basically a teebird which turns a fades a little more. Like the clash/servo I believe they are designed to keep their LSS as an eagle would while a crave beats into straight like a teebird or TL is.

Teebird is straight with fade, Eagle is turn with fade.

I found the Servo to be more straight with fade and the Crave to be more turn with fade. Other people's experiences seem to differ from mine regarding these discs.

Huh.

Yeah seems like everyone that's thrown both (servo/crave) has a bit different take on the comparison. I never really clicked with the Crave.

Anyways, thanks, back to the Volt.....:)

FWIW the Eagle and Servo both turn a bit (or flip up a bit) at high speeds. I've never personally activated that turn on either of these models in a fresh disc. With a worn one, sure, but the flight chart shows the Servo being straight with fade at my power, zero turn, and that's exactly how I use it.

FWIW the Eagle and Servo both turn a bit (or flip up a bit) at high speeds. I've never personally activated that turn on either of these models in a fresh disc. With a worn one, sure, but the flight chart shows the Servo being straight with fade at my power, zero turn, and that's exactly how I use it.

Yeah, funny you say this, it's exactly what my Servo experience has been like. You could see it, as it got more n more wear, the glide phase got a little longer, little longer, a little longer, and then it started to turn just a little (like a wiggle) @ thrown all-out.

I picked up a new 176g neutron Volt recently and that thing is more overstable than I remember Volts being in the past.

I've got a theory (not an Axiom Theory) that MVP molds are more sensitive to weight changes than other brands. I had a Tesla that was 170 and very overstable. Picked one up at 164 and noticed quite a bit more turn. Likewise the new Volt (only available in heavier weights) behaves more overstable than my older 168.

volts are no longer made at those lower weights that's why. You likely had a first run and it probably has a little more raise to the shoulder/slight dome. New ones will season up much better and not get as understable at all.

I can confirm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Bu3_2Amvk&t=3m50s Turning a Servo from hyzer thrown at 80%.

For me thrown at max power (450' or so) the Servo shows a little more turn than a Crave, but fades harder. The Servo to me feels more like an Eagle X and the Crave a DX Teebird as far as their flights go.

Even my worn Crave doesn't turn much on a hard rip. If I give it some hyzer it will pretty much cruise straight the entire flight. It's one of the reasons its my go to driver. Tons of glide and consistently straight.

Soooo...I just ordered a 156 gram Neutron Volt from Disc Golf Store. :popcorn:

I even emailed them to confirm the weight, and they said it's legit. I don't have a scale to confirm at home, but I might see if I can take it to a store or something, haha. It was the only one in stock, so I don't know if this was a) a freak one; b) mislabeled; or c) a peek into lower weight Volts coming in higher supply. Guess I'll find out in a couple days.

Soooo...I just ordered a 156 gram Neutron Volt from Disc Golf Store. :popcorn:

I even emailed them to confirm the weight, and they said it's legit. I don't have a scale to confirm at home, but I might see if I can take it to a store or something, haha. It was the only one in stock, so I don't know if this was a) a freak one; b) mislabeled; or c) a peek into lower weight Volts coming in higher supply. Guess I'll find out in a couple days.

PM ZJ and he'll confirm - it's all the DiscNation inventory.

^^Haha no need. They just called me to tell me it was much heavier. Order refunded. Oh well. Excellent service on their end, though.