• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

He did, all he had to do was pry them from his cold, dead hands.

What kind of bag did ex carry? Seems like an Upper Park or a tricked out NutSak guy. Anyway, if he got looted I want to see a postmortem In The Bag video. Presenter can do it with a hood and voice modulation if needed. Disc are cool, but I insist on the extras. I am betting loose throat lozenges and mildewy ranch sunflower seeds in a side pocket. Perhaps an upscale carabiner with nothing on it.
More ex content please.

What kind of bag did ex carry? Seems like an Upper Park or a tricked out NutSak guy. Anyway, if he got looted I want to see a postmortem In The Bag video. Presenter can do it with a hood and voice modulation if needed. Disc are cool, but I insist on the extras. I am betting loose throat lozenges and mildewy ranch sunflower seeds in a side pocket. Perhaps an upscale carabiner with nothing on it.
More ex content please.

A pink strap bag like the bitch he was.

No joke. I ordered it for him from MVP. Pretty lame too. Maybe some trail mix and a golden retriever but that is about it for goodies. Sad bag really.

Last edited:
I picked up an Eclipse Volt just to see ----and yes it is quite overstable compared to all my others - I like it a LOT - still have that nice zip/glide but late flight takes a hard fade - should hold up nicely for some time and I imagine it will rule once its seasoned in a bit. it flew like 8/5/-0.5/2.25 - reliably stable

How would a Volt compare to a Vulture? Judging from what I have read, both seem similar with the Vulture possibly being more stable.

For Elmex:

giphy.gif

Quick question about these, I just picked up a used one in Proton plastic (174g) to replace the teebirds in my bag. Problem is, this thing absolutely bombs. I feel like it goes 50-60 feet past my teebirds. It's also dead straight and an amazing flyer, but it's not going to fill the slot I wanted.

I commonly see this listed as an 8 speed, but it's touching the distance I get from my longer distance drivers. Is this common for the Volt? It's flying like a 10 speed driver for me. I love it, but I'm just curious if it's supposed to be that long or if I'm just throwing really well this weekend.

For reference, my Teebirds tend to go 300-320, this Volt 350-360, and my wraith/shryke around 375.

Also, what do you guys suggest for that 7ish slot? I'd like something between a Teebird and a Leopard3

Also, what do you guys suggest for that 7ish slot? I'd like something between a Teebird and a Leopard3

A freshie and a beat TeeBird. Work on your FH. Sounds like TBs work for you so stick with that rim.

Or

Dump the bagged TeeBirds as regulars and keep a Leo around. Stretch your mids a bit and develop smoothness in lower powered Volting.

Last edited:
From what you said it seems like a Crave would exactly what you want. It is a very straight flyer with a bit of turn at speed and a very light fade.

The Volt is one of those discs in that sweet spot between fairways and distance drivers(Valks and thunderbirds also) that just bomb when you lay into them but you can back off the power a bit and still carve nice lines with.

I hope you at least got his Ion and Volt
I'll take the wasps...
^ Crave is like a beat in Servo.

Ehh… the servo has more natural turn than a crave but I never threw one enough to beat it in. My crave is 4+ yrs old and doesnt turn much, maybe -1 but it flattens out pretty quick unless I torque monkey it on accident. I would think the servo would develop more turn than the crave does as it seasons, no?

Yeah it will flip and fade more switch like.

Craves will flip to flat with no fade once beat.

Also that is why relays are the hyzerflip or angle mans dream.

Last edited: