• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

After using it for a year, my Fission Volt finally had the fade beaten out of it. I picked up a Plasma one yesterday, and it's more stable than the Fission one ever was (which is a good thing). Are Plasmas normally overstable? How long do they hold their stability?

Depends on wt and flatness. Most very flat topped volts will stay slightly OS for quite a while regardless of plastic. I have some oldies that still fade.

Local retailer here is closing out some MVP stuff and I grabbed a 170g neutron Volt for $10. My first foray beyond gyro putters and I like it. Been struggling with my slightly OS fairway slot and this thing might fit the bill. First impression is a little longer, mellow teebird, about -.50/2 for turn/fade with good glide. Gonna bag it along with 1 or 2 FDs for fairway duties for a while.

How does neutron wear in on drivers? I like the current flight and hope it stays close for a long time. Is proton a bit more OS?

Related - tried to read this thread from the 1st page and started scrolling......got to about page 100 and nobody had even thrown a Volt yet. You gyro-heads are kinda geeky.

Related continued - WTH have y'all done with elmex? Haven't seen him on any Wasp or gyro threads in a while.

Local retailer here is closing out some MVP stuff and I grabbed a 170g neutron Volt for $10. My first foray beyond gyro putters and I like it. Been struggling with my slightly OS fairway slot and this thing might fit the bill. First impression is a little longer, mellow teebird, about -.50/2 for turn/fade with good glide. Gonna bag it along with 1 or 2 FDs for fairway duties for a while.

How does neutron wear in on drivers? I like the current flight and hope it stays close for a long time. Is proton a bit more OS?

Related - tried to read this thread from the 1st page and started scrolling......got to about page 100 and nobody had even thrown a Volt yet. You gyro-heads are kinda geeky.

Related continued - WTH have y'all done with elmex? Haven't seen him on any Wasp or gyro threads in a while.

I've had 170g Neutron Volt for bought a year and a half and it's retained its stability quite well.

So, I've seen others say it's like a mellower Teebird also, and that's probably the norm. But I tell you what, my Volt is more OS in comparison to new Star Teebird I just threw (normal weight 172-173) that was much more mellow in flight. So I think it varies depending on the Volt and the Teebird.

Been wondering the same thing about elmex.

So, I've seen others say it's like a mellower Teebird also, and that's probably the norm. But I tell you what, my Volt is more OS in comparison to new Star Teebird I just threw (normal weight 172-173) that was much more mellow in flight. So I think it varies depending on the Volt and the Teebird.

Interesting, I think the new embossed runs of star plastic in most molds are coming out less OS than previous runs. I've seen comments to that effect on Destroyer threads and my own experience with Wraiths. Took my AJ teebird out again the other day and it's still more OS than I prefer.

Hey I'm fairly new to the volt - well about 1 year in - It's a disc I like a lot but don't always bag - just depends on the courses. From my experience - Plasma is understable, Neutron is kinda neutral, Proton is stable (but not super OS at all), Eclipse is OS. My neutron is great and gets about -.75 turn and a 1.75 fade - great line-shaper. It holds up but did wear in, when new it was only mild turn, so it DOES wear in but doesn't get FLIPPY too quick. It's a disc that if you really like it I'd suggest getting a good proton and work it in.

^^I'm definitely 'in like' with it initially. Really like the flat profile, threw a couple FH drives on a rope. Never loved the teebird or Rival for FH, Undertaker is a little better for FH.

Gonna grab a proton fo sho.

elmex said he wasn't going to be posting here much for a while. IIRC he was going to be traveling.

Neutron wears in very slow. It takes a couple months just to break in to normal flight....unless you play on a rocky course.

As for a mellow TeeBird, that would be a Crave. The Volt is more like an slightly OS Valk. Too long to be a TeeBird.

^^I'm definitely 'in like' with it initially. Really like the flat profile, threw a couple FH drives on a rope. Never loved the teebird or Rival for FH, Undertaker is a little better for FH.

If you like flat, I would suggest one of the max weight Fissions instead of Proton. Fissions are almost pancake flat...only the shoulder has much dome.
Fissions are also a bit OS....not as much as Eclipse though.

elmex said he wasn't going to be posting here much for a while. IIRC he was going to be traveling.

That was a cover story by AIM. He got tired of el's wasp getting all the aces, so he kidnapped him and put him in his basement pit...

...Elmex was offered a way out but refuses to put the Motion in the basket.

OK, so the Volt is pretty dang long. Grabbed a 172g proton and it flies exactly the same as my 170g neutron. Did a little field work and a round at a pretty technical course. Had the course to myself and threw all my distance drivers a couple times on a wide open hole. Both Volts went right at 350 BH, only outdistanced by a Thrasher at 365. That's about as far as I can throw anything currently.

Gonna call it 9 speed, flying similar to my beat S PD. Seems a little more touchy on a FH but not much. This poses a problem for me since I love my PDs. My beefy C PD seems safe I guess.

I didn't think flat discs were supposed to be glidey.

picked up a fission has some dome. working it on controlled FH lines enjoying the fission plastic so far. wish the would bring it out in more molds.

Gonna agree with MVP's flight numbers of 8/5/-.5/2 for the Volt. I called it a 9 speed but I'll take their word on it. Definitely staying in my bag in the slightly OS fairway slot.

So is elmex dead or travelling......or both?

Latest posts