• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Yeah that was crazy. I havent measured but that shot was easily 400' landing on a uphill slope. On flat ground OMG would that have been a crush. Like today messing with those volts i ripped one down by the 2nd hole teepad from the top of the hill with little anny and it just rides right with FW fade for such a great downhill long D line. Also came within a few feet of my recent longer drives with a octane on hole 5 up hill all the way to the top.. Stupid volts!

Last edited:
Video just shows how consistent these are with years apart in being produced and still a great ass mold. Ive lost more volts vs some people have owned discs lol.

Yeah that was crazy. I havent measured but that shot was easily 400' landing on a uphill slope. On flat ground OMG would that have been a crush. Like today messing with those volts i ripped one down by the 2nd hole teepad from the top of the hill with little anny and it just rides right with FW fade for such a great downhill long D line. Also came within a few feet of my recent longer drives with a octane on hole 5 up hill all the way to the top.. Stupid volts!

Stupid speed 9s thinking they are speed 12s (or whatever the hell those octanes are)

So the 163 Fission Volt is in the bag. I need to put some stank on it to get it to go, but it goes surprisingly far. After teeing off I kept looking for the Volt 20-30' shorter than where it landed. The 157 Fission Volt was a little flatter, less glidey, and consistently shorter. I liked the 163 better.

The Volt might also handle skippy fades. I threw it on a 325' downhill hole where the fairway bends right and the basket is hard left behind a clump of trees. The Volt held the anny nicely, faded late, and took a big skip on the soft grass, flashing past the basket and finishing pin high and 40' left. That'll do.

169 Plasma Volts should be here tomorrow, but we have a house guest so I probably will not get a chance to throw until the weekend.

Am I trippin hard?

Flat (and probably even the domey) proton were the most beefy for me. Then plasma. Then fizz.

Havent thrown a neutron in a year or three.

Not a huge variance but enough worth noticing... the proton bridges the gap between the motion and a plasma? Is this correct?

Am I trippin hard?

Flat (and probably even the domey) proton were the most beefy for me. Then plasma. Then fizz.

Not a huge variance but enough worth noticing... the proton bridges the gap between the motion and a plasma? Is this correct?

for me, the flat neutron and proton throw the same- straight to os, like a teebird. fights wind very well because of the flatness despite not being a truly overstable disc.

i have a domey proton that throws basically the same as plasma. has some turn and some fade. haven't thrown a fission.

Am I trippin hard?

Sounds normal. Plasmas fly a bit more neutral. Pulling Innova style flight ratings from my rear....

FR Volt 9/5/-1/1.5

Neutron / Proton / Eclipse Volt 9/4/0/2.5

Plasma Volt 9/4.5/-1/2

Fission same as N / P / E, lighter weights will be easier to flip over, but the mold itself isn't really flippy.

Electron I can tell you later this week.

Last time I bagged Volts I carried a fresh eclipse, a seasoned straight eclipse, and a seasoned FR. Covered my bases well. Plasmas and FR's are pretty interchangeable.

Last edited:
Koda and Mike- Thank you.

Crap, Im on my last proton and having those regretful thoughts about missing the hefty wind fighting ability of my proton. And yes those domey ones were a bit turny thats what it was.

I had an electron, they are awful.

I do need a disc between the gap of my motion and plasma volt. Uh oh.

And I am absolutely loving the fizz. With some wear it is a laser. MVP version of l64 saint. Loving it in tight wood shots, especially for flicks.

Most people sleep on the Shock since its old news but its a viable option. Flies like a slightly more OS Proton / Neutron Volt and basically feels the same in the hand. PLH is a touch higher. Not quite the hog Resistors, Fireballs and Motions are.

That or just grab any flat max weight P/N/E Volt and you'll be good.

P or N is what Im going to go with. Actually I think I have a green flat N at my folks house. But that in woods in MN summer... I prefer to not spend 3/4 my round just looking for my throw.

Thanks for clarification both of you!

275 hyzer shot with very low ceiling. After my drive, I found the volt leaning against the pole.

Good news!

I just bagged my crappy green neutron volt (wont last through summer obviously)

And it is as overstable as the flat protons. Will work in a pinch till I get some proper protons.

I dig the Electron Volt. Nice and stiff plastic. Good glide. Volts are great in any plastic tho

Question on Volts - I picked up a 173g Neutron volt that is pretty flat and looks/feels like any other volt, flies awesome, like 7/5/-1/2 - I wanted a Blue one to better see in winter but I got a Plasma Volt 174g. Not sure how it looks/feels since it was online. The Question is: Will this fly the same as my neutron?? I really hope so. How to Plasma Volts vs Neutron Volts compare generally? I hope its the same because my white neutron volt has become my favorite driver in the woods. the thing is magic.

Question on Volts - I picked up a 173g Neutron volt that is pretty flat and looks/feels like any other volt, flies awesome, like 7/5/-1/2 - I wanted a Blue one to better see in winter but I got a Plasma Volt 174g. Not sure how it looks/feels since it was online. The Question is: Will this fly the same as my neutron?? I really hope so. How to Plasma Volts vs Neutron Volts compare generally? I hope its the same because my white neutron volt has become my favorite driver in the woods. the thing is magic.

I carry several Volts. For me the Plasma Volt flies like a beat in Neutron Volt. After being beat in, it, it fades less than a comparable Neutron Volt. It isn't drastic but perhaps a .5 difference in fade once they beat in.