• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I carry four. 1 Neutron, 1 Plasma, and 2 Fission. The Neutron was always super reliable but now I use it more as a utility disc. The plasma in my experience was more understable out of the box. Not too much though.

Plasma in general is a tick less stable than Neutron, Fission, or Proton. I haven't thrown any Electron and can't compare them.

I doubt you will regret buying one. Everyone I've seen throw one either likes it and bags it, or likes it and doesn't carry it since they conver the lien with something else.

Another question: I don't know if its my luck but 3 of my 4 volts are pretty flippy - are Shocks answer? or a Proton Volt? PLH was different on 3 of them so idk - im trying to make a trayyyyd for my other volts for something, I want a straight flying fairway that can take a little power have a sliiight turn and finish pretty straight or small fade left - ie a volt that's not too flippy haha

Another question: I don't know if its my luck but 3 of my 4 volts are pretty flippy - are Shocks answer? or a Proton Volt? PLH was different on 3 of them so idk - im trying to make a trayyyyd for my other volts for something, I want a straight flying fairway that can take a little power have a sliiight turn and finish pretty straight or small fade left - ie a volt that's not too flippy haha

Fissions are straight to fade and Eclipse can be almost Shock OS. My Volt that flies almost a frozen string is a Plasma. Thrown hard and low, it will hit the ground before it has any fade, but with zero turn.
but I throw with more spin than speed, so your mileage my vary

Last edited:
If you're going to buy a Volt online, without seeing it first, your best bet for an OS version is an Eclipse, like wolfman said.

Sounds like you might have gotten ahold of some FR volts? I don't know of anyway to identify them, but if they are... you probably wouldn't have much difficulty selling them...

Proton volts with dome is the best. I have 3 now. Released flat they go straight with 0 turn 370-400 ft if my form is on point. The dome seems to reduce fade alot. Ive tried more than 8 volts now in 4 plastics and weights from 164-170-175.

Got a couple Electron Volts coming. I have a feeling I'm gonna fall in love. Is the glide on them better than the other plastics?

Got a couple Electron Volts coming. I have a feeling I'm gonna fall in love. Is the glide on them better than the other plastics?
I think it has a nice flight. I like them despite popular opinion. They are pretty straight fresh. That won't last long tho. It's nice to bag a Volt that I won't morn for months if I lose it.

I got an Electron Volt for Christmas, and it has similar HSS but less fade than my Proton and Neutron Volts. The Electron *might* have a bit more glide, but I haven't thrown it alongside the others enough to say for sure.

Yeah e volts when new if flat are just volts like any other plastic. Nothing wrong with any of the electron molds just how crappy the durablity is for such an expensive baseline blend.

After using it for a year, my Fission Volt finally had the fade beaten out of it. I picked up a Plasma one yesterday, and it's more stable than the Fission one ever was (which is a good thing). Are Plasmas normally overstable? How long do they hold their stability?