• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I don't know if you answered this or not but how does it hand forehand throws?

Seems like I'm the troll of this thread today, sorry bud.

Any disc will handle both backhand and forehand equally as well...people migrate to overstable discs as FH throwers for no reason other than it helps mask form issues - the whole archer/arrow analogy comes to mind:\

True that. When I have a clean release I can flick an Axis for 325' on a rope. Usually disc up to qolfs though for consistency sake.

From what discspeed is describing this should be an exceptional fh disc.

I don't know if you answered this or not but how does it hand forehand throws?

I don't throw far FH, and I get some OAT sometimes, but I use it regularly for certain lines under 300'. The Volt worked well on the limited FH shots I tried with it. It did not show the same OAT sensitivity that MVP's slower discs seem to.

@discspeed

I didn't see in your review how far you were throwing these while testing. Would you recommend the Volt for noodle arms?

@discspeed

I didn't see in your review how far you were throwing these while testing. Would you recommend the Volt for noodle arms?

I was throwing placement shots up to about 360' in my best estimation (no measured distances for reference). I can't really answer your second question as I did not see any lower power players throw it.

Hey discspeed, have you gotten a chance to throw a saint? Wondering how close you thought it was compared to the volt. I wanna buy a saint, but not if the volt flies too similar.

Also do you know if they have plans to release the putters in the new plastic or just the driver for now?

@discspeed, how is the new neutron plastic?

From an earlier post:

It was fairly stiff and felt a little waxier on the surface than the old opaque Ions. I was warm and dry today when I was throwing them, but in those conditions the plastic felt very nice. The blue was a really nice royal color and the pink was neon and almost required sunglasses to look at.

Also do you know if they have plans to release the putters in the new plastic or just the driver for now?

It's not quite determined yet...I can say I saw pink neutron putter cores being run at the factory...Whether they end up just being protos or something else is anyone's guess.

This is taking too long.. lol. I want release dates!! Any idea when we will receive that?

We have an important announcement regarding the release date of the Volt.

As market demand for our discs has grown, our facilities have recently been expanded with all-new state-of-the-art molding machines. These will bring an unprecedented level of repeatability under strict tolerances.

These new machines are nearing setup at our facility. With quality and consistency being our #1 objective, the Neutron Volt will go into full production as soon as these machines are cranking out a perfect disc. We do not have a concrete release date for the Volt for this reason, but rest assured it is our top priority and we look forward to offering a Neutron Volt produced by this new equipment. Stay tuned here, on the forums, or our social media for updates.