• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

For my reference, how far does Discspeed throw? Just trying to get a handle on the proposed flight "ratings" with respect to distance.

Though, if the disc is truly a slower PD, I'm not sure I should be worried. I get plenty of work out of my PD's with my 300'-noodle arm...

Any given disc company's speed is simply a point of reference to compare the speed of their other discs. People seem to be locked onto Innova's model.

Is Westside's King really 1 "unit of disc speed" faster than a boss? Hell if I know......

I have no idea how this could (or why it should) be standardized.

I think it's a faster Destroyer but we're certainly off topic. It's a great disc.

As for speed look at Innova's speed ratings and notice how they pretty uniformly follow the rim thickness. I'm pretty sure a King has a 2.6cm rim like a Boss and the Volt has a 1.6cm rim like an SL and other speed "10" discs. I think it's 1.6cm. I'm not going to look at it again.

Sorry to semi-threadjack, but flight ratings are ****ing guidelines. Why do people like 11x Teebirds over production run ones? Because they fly differently. Do they have the same flight ratings? Yup.

I cannot wait to throw a Volt:popcorn::gross::popcorn:

Thank you Discspeed. I based those ratings on the disc measurements and what I thought MVP would produce. I have NOT touched a Volt.

The PDGA specs are a bit puzzling and misleading. MVP told me that they measured the rim width at 1.85cm, so I'm not sure where that 2.0 comes from. After holding it and throwing it I can say it is definitely more of a control driver than a distance disc.

I was rating the Volt using the Innova system. Speed ratings are garbage...The Volt is a fast/long fairway driver.