• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Fantastic update, thank you. I haven't thrown the PD much, less than a handful of times, but this is exciting. Only time will tell, but this is promising.

if you put it up next to an Eagle, the rim width is barely wider. physically, it appears to be a speed 8. it has the profile to possibly fly more like a speed 9.

With the more rounded nose does it have a teebird like indifference to nose angle?

I didn't throw any other drivers alongside the Volt for comparison, but I can definitely say that the Volt is not a particularly nose angle sensitive disc.

I like the idea of an MVP Eagle.

I have been saying this all along, they need to make an Eagle!

I was going to buy a bunch of these but now hearing it may not be close enough to an eagle for me. i may just buy 2-3 and see how i like them before i make a 50+ order for my locals.

That sounds promising, and I'm glad it's more fairway like with a little turn. Knocking out PDs is a big statement for a lot of people. Without stealing any MVP thunder, would you say it's anything particularly special, or just another driver choice in a sea of driver choices? Any idea of how it will do in 10mph or 15mph winds?

That sounds promising, and I'm glad it's more fairway like with a little turn. Knocking out PDs is a big statement for a lot of people. Without stealing any MVP thunder, would you say it's anything particularly special, or just another driver choice in a sea of driver choices? Any idea of how it will do in 10mph or 15mph winds?

I am pretty sure it will end up being a special disc for a lot of people, though
I won't be able to answer those questions for sure until the production model has been in my bag for a while. From what I saw yesterday I could serviceably replace the PDs I throw most often with the disc I tested yesterday. This is saying a lot in and of itself, and for someone like me who is inclined to choose MVP over similar discs from other companies, it likely will replace some (or perhaps all) of my PDs. When I visited the MVP guys last year I opined that their first driver should be something PD-like. It was both a selfish request and one that I felt would have the widest appeal possible for their first driver.

If its slower than a PD, its not going to knock mine out. Of course Discspeed will say that they could replace his, but he already said that they fly like his beat SPD's, which doesn't do much to replace all the other sweet PD's I carry, from beat P, to fresh C. This sounds like it starts out less stable than a fresh C-line, which means that I don't see how its going to replicate those shots. Or fly as far, for that matter, since they are shorter and slower... This sounds like a slightly longer beat champ Eagle.

Basically, I think that an identically flying disc from any other manufacturer would not kick out PD's from anyone's bag, unless they were already very biased to do so to begin with, regardless of the flight.

I need to also stress that the production runs could be a little different than the protos as MVP is updating some of their equipment before doing production on the Volt.

Basically, I think that an identically flying disc from any other manufacturer would not kick out PD's from anyone's bag, unless they were already very biased to do so to begin with, regardless of the flight.

The Volt is not identical to the PD in any way. It feels very different in the hand. When I get a chance to throw it more I'm sure I will notice many subtle differences in flight between the two molds. Considering the PD has been my main driver for the past couple years it is simply the easiest disc for me to compare the Volt to.