• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Leaked reports are saying that neutron plastic is going to have anti gravity particles baked into the plastic to increase glide to levels never even dreamt of.

I visited the MVP factory/warehouse today and had the chance to throw some proto Volts. The first thing I noticed is that the rim does not feel like 2.0 cm. It feels about the same as my PDs, if not slightly smaller...I don't understand how the PDGA came up with that measurement. The nose was thicker and more rounded than a PD and the wing was slightly less concave and without a flat part at the wing tip.
I tested several blue Volts weighing 169-175, and 2 pink 175s. I basically threw them as I would my slightly broken in SPDs and they were performing very similarly. They felt a bit slower than the PD with a bit more glide. There was high speed turn at a certain speed, but the transition was very slow and smooth. I threw them on power hyzers, flat shots, S shots, and pure anhyzers and a variety of powered down shots and my throws found their intended lines as if I had been using the disc for years. They where working well FH for me too. The pinks had a slightly higher shoulder and were noticeably more LSS than the blues, which where flatter, and straighter, especially when powered down. The Volt is definitely closer to a fairway driver than a distance driver imo. The cruising speed felt lower than a PD, especially on the blues. It's hard to say for sure as I'm not sure of the distances I was throwing today, but they seemed slightly shorter than a PD (closer to Avenger/OLF distance).
If the production run ends up like these protos I could actually see them replacing my PDs. The Volt is exactly the disc I wanted them to make. It was so intuitive and easy for me to throw with a variety of release angles and get the lines I visualized that I could see it taking over the majority of my drives on my home courses.
As far as the release date, I think MVP is going to make an announcement sometime fairly soon. Don't expect it in the near future (this will be my only comment on this matter)...

I visited the MVP factory/warehouse today and had the chance to throw some proto Volts. The first thing I noticed is that the rim does not feel like 2.0 cm. It feels about the same as my PDs, if not slightly smaller...I don't understand how the PDGA came up with that measurement. The nose was thicker and more rounded than a PD and the wing was slightly less concave and without a flat part at the wing tip.
I tested several blue Volts weighing 169-175, and 2 pink 175s. I basically threw them as I would my slightly broken in SPDs and they were performing very similarly. They felt a bit slower than the PD with a bit more glide. There was high speed turn at a certain speed, but the transition was very slow and smooth. I threw them on power hyzers, flat shots, S shots, and pure anhyzers and a variety of powered down shots and my throws found their intended lines as if I had been using the disc for years. They where working well FH for me too. The pinks had a slightly higher shoulder and were noticeably more LSS than the blues, which where flatter, and straighter, especially when powered down. The Volt is definitely closer to a fairway driver than a distance driver imo. The cruising speed felt lower than a PD, especially on the blues. It's hard to say for sure as I'm not sure of the distances I was throwing today, but they seemed slightly shorter than a PD (closer to Avenger/OLF distance).
If the production run ends up like these protos I could actually see them replacing my PDs. The Volt is exactly the disc I wanted them to make. It was so intuitive and easy for me to throw with a variety of release angles and get the lines I visualized that I could see it taking over the majority of my drives on my home courses.
As far as the release date, I think MVP is going to make an announcement sometime fairly soon. Don't expect it in the near future (this will be my only comment on this matter)...

Can you tell us anything about Neutron plastic?

Can you tell us anything about Neutron plastic?

It was fairly stiff and felt a little waxier on the surface than the old opaque Ions. I was warm and dry today when I was throwing them, but in those conditions the plastic felt very nice. The blue was a really nice royal color and the pink was neon and almost required sunglasses to look at.

Latest posts