• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Mike C is the best forum/video rep a disc company could hope to have.
I could not agree more he has cost me some coin. :p But also has shown me what those things have the potential to do with proper form. Mike C keep at it man!! cannot wait to hear about the volt and see some videos!!!

I hope the Volt will fade. I really don't want the driver version of an Anode. I hope we get a sort of faster Eagle kind of flight. While Anodes are exceptionally good at being neutral, line shaping often requires more than pure straight, pure anny, or pure hyzer. Since they "fixed" Ions to have more fade, I think they have become better discs than they used to be. Out in a field its very addictive to see dead straight flights (and they are sometimes required on course), but more often than not, on actual golf holes I want something that will fade or flex back. (I do carry an Anode, by the way. They certainly do what they do very well.)

Power Drivers are already so insanely good and disproportionately long for their speed that its hard for me to imagine what would kick them. I basically hope these will be a speed 10 Vector that I can beat in to be workable on a whole bunch of interesting lines. If anybody has beat in a Vector yet, you know how awesome they fly. Mine has beat in the the point where it doesn't mind holding a sublte anny for a while, but its overstable nature gives it a strong dependable fade at the end which makes it very easy to range and control. I hope the Volt will be the same. Maybe not as much fun "out of the box" but it has a brighter future than a super duper straight driver.

While Anodes are exceptionally good at being neutral, line shaping often requires more than pure straight, pure anny, or pure hyzer.....Out in a field its very addictive to see dead straight flights (and they are sometimes required on course), but more often than not, on actual golf holes I want something that will fade or flex back. (I do carry an Anode, by the way. They certainly do what they do very well.)

Agreed. This is the primary reason that nothing but the Anode has earned a spot in my bag. If they had twice the mold selection, each having a bump one notch in either direction of the current stabilities, I'd like MVP discs a lot more...but that's asking a helluva lot, I know. To be fair, though, this has a lot to do with the courses I play and the constant high winds here. Still very nice discs and fantastic quality.

I hope the Volt will fade. I really don't want the driver version of an Anode. I hope we get a sort of faster Eagle kind of flight.

THIS.

I want the volt to be an Eagle, then i can eliminate most of my discs and have almost a 100% MVP tourney bag! woot!

I'm getting super anxious for this disc.. I think I'll be kicking out my Ti Stalker.. Disc had a good run of about 10 throws.. 3 of them being impressive. 3 slipping out of my hands.. Volt may get two spots in the bag if they make it in Proton too :)

Don't think this will be anything like a Stalker man. Way faster. I also don't think it will cure your discs slipping out early.

Don't think this will be anything like a Stalker man. Way faster. I also don't think it will cure your discs slipping out early.

This, stalker is more of a tweener disc IMO. As for slipping out early, tighten your grip, duh.

I doubt we'll see an Anode-esque flight out of the Volt. It's super easy to get a putter to fly dead straight because you're overpowering them, I don't think you'll be able to get enough snap/speed to get the thing to flight dead straight the entire time. But we all know that **** happens...

Ok I've seen threads about discs that have busted and I'm curious if anyone has managed to crack a MVP disc. I ask because I've had my first run vector since it came out and I'm just now braking it in, so I'm having trouble imagining what it takes to actually break one of these things.

Have yet to break any. I've throw mediums 2nd run Ions straight into trees, full power, when it was -5 air temp out. Barely a scuff.

i have an axis i have thrown every day since it was released and it doesn't have all the gouges/scuffs/scrapes/etc that any other disc would have by now.

I find it hard to believe anyone could crack one unless they dipped it in liquid nitrogen.. and even then, who knows? MVP uses some kind of alien flying disc ufo technology i havnt been able to figure out yet..

THIS.

I want the volt to be an Eagle, then i can eliminate most of my discs and have almost a 100% MVP tourney bag! woot!

Yeah, but faster, so maybe like a Talon.

Either way, it would be fantastic...