• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I would compare it to the PD and OLF.

eh.. yeah but with the OLF you can get stabilities across the board depending on what run he's thrown if he's even thrown one. some are just as stable as the PD but mine have a bit of high speed turn

If you're going to do that kind of comparison I'd say PD, Orc, SL, Beast.

eh.. yeah but with the OLF you can get stabilities across the board depending on what run he's thrown if he's even thrown one. some are just as stable as the PD but mine have a bit of high speed turn

Had a beat 1.1 for a while that was RR stable... or lack there of. What plastics also? P-PD or S-PD?

Had a beat 1.1 for a while that was RR stable... or lack there of. What plastics also? P-PD or S-PD?

definitely S, if it's anything like the new P's I'll be a sad panda. i'm actually hoping it'll be more SLish with some high speed turn. i can't really fathom somebody creating a better driver than the PD in that slot right now.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to try to get a SOLF to compare also. Anyone have any input on which Lat/Westide molds? DC also seems to be left out of this too, any suggestions there?

Should have worded that better... Is it even worth comparing against DC discs, I'm not sure if very many people throw comparable discs from DC. Agree/disagree?

Should have worded that better... Is it even worth comparing against DC discs, I'm not sure if very many people throw comparable discs from DC. Agree/disagree?

i think everyone knows my thoughts on DC drivers but honestly I don't know anybody that throws DC drivers in that range. If it ends up being a tick faster and gets in to Avenger/Surge territory then yeah but the rim isn't that thick.

Has about the same width rim as both. Avenger at 1.9, Volt at 2.0, Surge SS at 2.1, and Surge at 2.2. I don't really think many people use DC in that range either, so I don't think I'm going to bother.

If you are trying to compare it to discs by simply picking similar sized models then you have no clue what you are doing. And also will most likely contribute to the vast smount of misintormation.

My process: Just throw it. that will tell me everything I need to know. I don't like pigeon holing a disc before I ever throw it. Because then that makes me try to throw the disc with expectations that it can perform a certain flight. That's why everyone called the Axis flippy when they wanted it to be a comet/buzz/QMS/etc

This disc will be a hit regardless. "Does MVP have a driver", is our #1 question at the DN store.

Hey ups, just throw it and have fun, you have enough disc knowledge. You lucky bastards get to throw what a lot of us have been wanting before any of us. Just chuck it. Get some videos if possible, oh yeah and have some fun with it!

If you are trying to compare it to discs by simply picking similar sized models then you have no clue what you are doing. And also will most likely contribute to the vast smount of misintormation.

I'm not, I was clarifying that they have similar rim widths, that is all.

If this is about a speed 10 then I will definitely be making a Volt vs OLF video.

I want to see this thing maxed out if possible. And throws into a stuff headwind. Thank you if you are able too do this.

Planned on throwing it into some headwinds, provided there are some the day we film/test.
I hope the core is really bright, like MVP says, that way it'll show up on camera well.

Planned on throwing it into some headwinds, provided there are some the day we film/test.
I hope the core is really bright, like MVP says, that way it'll show up on camera well.

with the gyro tech, I imagine it will hold its line through wind better being that the wind will have to fight a gyroscopic effect.

i cant stand this speculation any longer.. I JUST WANT TO THROW ONE MYSELF