• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

honestly haven't seen much accurate information at all in here, about anything. somebody post some times-tables or something so this thread can have some truth to it :)

correct info so far: driver named Volt

Volt made of plastic

alright glad you guys are back on track!

now... close the PDGA PDF

look at the disc

remember what GYRO does

and then hate all over each other :)

I played 3 rounds today and hit my practice basket for over an hour, in 100+ degree temps.
And I'm pretty sure that since nobody has actually gotten to throw a volt yet we're supposed to post a bunch of nonsense ;)
I'm sure even the mighty MVP insiders (sarcasm) would agree you can look at the profile of any disc and get a general idea of how it will fly.
Us mere mortals, who don't get our discs a whopping one week before the general public, would like to apologize to the non nerds who are so vastly superior to us :)

Some people got sick from their nephew and have to work inside all day so there is no chance at playing...

Also doesn't help that its around 100 degrees + terrible humidity lately around the twin cities.

I can't wait for tomorrow.. Finally dips back down into the 80's so I can get out and enjoy a round without worrying about heat stroke or slip outs from the profuse sweating.

I've been gone for 4 days. Any new news on any of this?? The plastic, release date, disc.. Anything?

Also doesn't help that its around 100 degrees + terrible humidity lately around the twin cities.

I can't wait for tomorrow.. Finally dips back down into the 80's so I can get out and enjoy a round without worrying about heat stroke or slip outs from the profuse sweating.

I do have to laugh that the other disc golfing states get to experience typical Texas summer. We play 100 degrees and humid (granted, not MN humidity) all summer. And fall. Sometimes spring.

535022_10100719652677268_522635883_n.jpg

I've been to Texas... you don't know the meaning of humidity.

I played 3 rounds today and hit my practice basket for over an hour, in 100+ degree temps.
And I'm pretty sure that since nobody has actually gotten to throw a volt yet we're supposed to post a bunch of nonsense ;)
I'm sure even the mighty MVP insiders (sarcasm) would agree you can look at the profile of any disc and get a general idea of how it will fly.
Us mere mortals, who don't get our discs a whopping one week before the general public, would like to apologize to the non nerds who are so vastly superior to us :)
:clap:

While I (somewhat) patiently wait for the Volt to hit the shelves I'm trying to come up with a list of things to test this disc on once I receive them. I've already got a couple teammates who are going to help me, one who has 550' distance backhand, and one that has about 430' forehand. Anything specific you guys would like us to do to these bad boys?

While I (somewhat) patiently wait for the Volt to hit the shelves I'm trying to come up with a list of things to test this disc on once I receive them. I've already got a couple teammates who are going to help me, one who has 550' distance backhand, and one that has about 430' forehand. Anything specific you guys would like us to do to these bad boys?

I think a good review covers three basic power levels, the 300', 375'-400', and 450' and beyond.
Then obviously how well does it hold or fight different lines from anny to hyzer.
Personally I'm mostly curious to see how it powers down. If its going to go head to head against the one disc to rule them all pd then it has to fit fairway and distance slots.
Oh and I'm sure we would all love to hear how the new plastic feels.

I think a good review covers three basic power levels, the 300', 375'-400', and 450' and beyond.
Then obviously how well does it hold or fight different lines from anny to hyzer.
Personally I'm mostly curious to see how it powers down. If its going to go head to head against the one disc to rule them all pd then it has to fit fairway and distance slots.
Oh and I'm sure we would all love to hear how the new plastic feels.

Thanks for the sincere reply. Some people just can't handle not being stupid...

This brought something else to mind, any discs you guys want to see this compared to, obviously going to do the PD, perhaps a new SL. Any others?

I've been to Texas... you don't know the meaning of humidity.

You didn't go to Houston, did you... Southeast Texas is on the Gulf Coast. The wind comes from the south all summer. 100 degrees kills in Houston.

Right now 77 degrees in NC Heat index 79
Right now 84 degrees in Houston Heat index 91

Last edited:

I want to know how it is at cut rollers, spike hyzers, tomahawks and putting from 30' to 100'. Oh, and film it. Try to keep the video short, I don't have the best attention span.

You didn't go to Houston, did you... Southeast Texas is on the Gulf Coast. The wind comes from the south all summer. 100 degrees kills in Houston.

Right now 77 degrees in NC Heat index 79
Right now 84 degrees in Houston Heat index 91

I'm not sure what part of NC you used... Wilmington is 81/85 with 88% humidity.

tomorrow 96/107

Last edited: