• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Gregg Stone;1491016[LIST said:
[/LIST]]I'm not an MVP "hater", but I will not be buying/testing any of these. If there is some kind of revolution where EVERYONE starts to throw one, yea, I'll try it out, but what will it be able to do that my teebird can't?

Well for one the volt will fly very similar to other volts where as the teebird is innova so every one u buy will fly different than your last one.

Ps - prefacing hater posts with "I'm not a hater" still makes u a hater.

Well for one the volt will fly very similar to other volts where as the teebird is innova so every one u buy will fly different than your last one.

Ps - prefacing hater posts with "I'm not a hater" still makes u a hater.

No, it doesn't make me a hater actually... Ions used to be my main putter...

... it's a disc, of course it has dimensions similar to other discs. this thread is torture, why do i keep coming back in it?

Dunno if this deserves its own thread yet but i was told by a tester that MVP was experimenting with their own version of blizzard tech....

No, it doesn't make me a hater actually... Ions used to be my main putter...

Anyone who shows up in a thread just to make a post that says they won't buy the product is a hater. Especially when the reason is that you think it will be similar to an existing disc when you don't even know what this disc flies like yet. Your ion is irrevelant to this fact.

Anyone who shows up in a thread just to make a post that says they won't buy the product is a hater. Especially when the reason is that you think it will be similar to an existing disc when you don't even know what this disc flies like yet. Your ion is irrevelant to this fact.

These threads aren't fanboy only. Just because someone has a dissenting opinion on something doesn't mean they shouldn't post. If you create a "Lets talk about how awesome MVP is and not actually discuss it" thread, then you can be upset when someone posts that they aren't a fan. For the record, "hating" on another company while being unreasonably defensive about a company you enjoy but have nothing to do with is pretty hypocritical, yes? Next question for the general assembly: How smooth is the transition between the main disc and the outer rim on most MVP discs? I've never actually used one but a driver is intriguing as long as it's flush.

These threads aren't fanboy only. Just because someone has a dissenting opinion on something doesn't mean they shouldn't post. If you create a "Lets talk about how awesome MVP is and not actually discuss it" thread, then you can be upset when someone posts that they aren't a fan. For the record, "hating" on another company while being unreasonably defensive about a company you enjoy but have nothing to do with is pretty hypocritical, yes? Next question for the general assembly: How smooth is the transition between the main disc and the outer rim on most MVP discs? I've never actually used one but a driver is intriguing as long as it's flush.

It's smooth, but that could be because there is a bead on every other disc of theirs. It'll be interesting to see how it feels with a flat transition between core and overmold.

Couldve been speculation, but it sounded like an educated assumption to me

"educated assumption" is an oxymoron in my book.

I, however, am making the assumption that Gyro technology on a driver moves at roughly .006% the speed of light when thrown at 80% power. Anything greater than 20 degrees of hyzer will spike into the ground, causing the formation of a new continental rift. Consequently, that will result in a tsunami. Also, after any ace over 350', the Gyro technology is built to give you a handy.

It's smooth, but that could be because there is a bead on every other disc of theirs. It'll be interesting to see how it feels with a flat transition between core and overmold.
it's as smooth a transition as any DC driver whose core/wing mold pieces meet partway up the wing bevel. freakin nice.

Who said someone shouldn't post? You are missing the point, I never said the guy couldn't post. He showed up to say he wasn't a hater and then made a hater comment, so I pointed out that he is still a hater. You will never have a forum without haters but when haters start to think they aren't hating sometimes you have to remind them of reality.

BTW, I can think of at least 4 Innova molds that are just as similar to the teebird as the volt.

Last edited:

I, however, am making the assumption that Gyro technology on a driver moves at roughly .006% the speed of light when thrown at 80% power. Anything greater than 20 degrees of hyzer will spike into the ground, causing the formation of a new continental rift. Consequently, that will result in a tsunami. Also, after any ace over 350', the Gyro technology is built to give you a handy.

Ha! I think we would have even more MVP fans after that.

I'm not an MVP "hater", but I will not be buying/testing any of these. If there is some kind of revolution where EVERYONE starts to throw one, yea, I'll try it out, but what will it be able to do that my teebird can't?

How do you know if you dont give it a try?

Dont be an idiot.. wait your a bears fan :doh:

I for one, will be buying boxes of them and handing them out as prizes in my local tourneys and leagues.

Go Packers

O_O

This thing must have a lot of HSS to avoid turning over when thrown at 40,000 miles per hour.