• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

God I thought this was a discussion not a pissing contest. We should start over.

Hey guys you hear MVP is coming out with a stable distance/control driver. With a new plastic line called neutron. So let's discuss the 'Volt'.

Has everyone run out of stuff to speculate/ask about the Volt? /thread?

Has everyone run out of stuff to speculate/ask about the Volt? /thread?

Let's speculate as to why they needed a new plastic for their driver :D
Everyone says weight, I say grip.
One of the biggest complaints from non/anti MVP throwers has always been the plastic is too slick. People trying to strong arm a proton driver 400' would surely complain about its grip, especially in the hot sweaty summer.
Thus a new plastic was needed.

One of the biggest complaints from non/anti MVP throwers has always been the plastic is too slick. People trying to strong arm a proton driver 400' would surely complain about its grip, especially in the hot sweaty summer.

This. The new plastic looks like a star/esp type plastic so grip is going to be amazing on this. Also, I think its because people have been wanting opaque plastic to come back. I'm sure dyes are going to look amazing on them.

I doubt it's weight. The guys at MVP are smart enough to be able to add or subtract the right amount of weighing agent to the overmold while being able to keep the core as light as possible. Look at it this way, the Axis and Vector are both wide diameter mids, yet they still fly fine with proton plastic. It'd probably be roughly the same weight core as the Axis or Vector because of it's smaller diameter. That's how I think of it at least.

I'm hoping that it's for grip, though I don't really think Proton is slippery (I actually think it can get too sticky/tacky) unless it's wet out, in which case everything but Vibram is slippery. I don't think the plastic was NEEDED, but it's a very nice addition.

MVP could be catering to those that perfer a softer plastic for their driver. I know of a few (As well as myself) that enjoy the ESP/Star/Goldline in their drivers. Mid wise I've always enjoyed harder plastic, which is why MVP interested me as much as it did when it came out. Where I throw (WNC) the general complaint about MVP was the hardness of the plastic, so if this was a sample of other areas, they are just trying to broaden their base.....that and force us all to buy more of their plastic :)

Lol you guys need to get your panties out of a bunch and go play dg instead of nerding it up here.

How do you know if you dont give it a try?

Dont be an idiot.. wait your a bears fan :doh:

I for one, will be buying boxes of them and handing them out as prizes in my local tourneys and leagues.

Go Packers

:clap::clap::clap:

honestly haven't seen much accurate information at all in here, about anything. somebody post some times-tables or something so this thread can have some truth to it :)

correct info so far: driver named Volt

Latest posts