• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Whatever the case, I'm excited for it. Honestly, when has MVP released crap? There's a reason they have a much better reputation than some of the larger companies. I wouldn't trade my Vector for all the tea in China...maybe a couple KC Pro Eagles, but I digress...

We have a saying in the Army: "train to standard, not to time"

Rushing things out only hurts the product, and MVP knows that. But as I said before, I'll be first in line to snatch this bad boy up...as long as it comes in pink, that is.

We released its existence BECAUSE of the PDGA announcing it. We wanted to own the initial flow of info. That announcement was huge and it deserved a banner. The ETA date will be huge and I'll probably do another banner for that.

VOLT STORY:

The PDGA got a proto. These protos are fiiine. Most companies would have put it out.

MVP needed to expand their factory anyway, because they couldn't maintain stock AND release a bomb driver.

So they expanded their factory. That takes time to set up, obviously.

Part of the expansion is a new machine that trumps all disc-making machines in the industry. This machine makes discs with more quality control... finite tolerances. This matters on a driver... the overmold *has* to match perfectly, more so than the mids and putters overmolds.

So while the Volt could've rolled out in July or whatever, it wouldn't have been at the tippy top of quality control and consistency down the line, which is what MVP requires of their products.

Everything doesn't always go according to plan, but it can always meet your standards -- IF you value standards more than a rush to market.

Amen, Brother.

The only thing MVP is doing is making people want it more. No one can honestly say they won't buy it because they waited too long. If anything, they'll buy two because they had more time to think about just how great it will be.

MVP are genius marketers.

Haha, sure, you bet.

The problem is that people want to set their bags for the year and when they have to wait for a disc for too long the disc gets replaced. I can't reserve money in my bank and space in my bag indefinitely. In the end the Volt will be just another disc. It may be marginally different than others, but I'm willing to bet that the difference between it and an Orc won't be worth the wait.

So..............a few weeks or less and we should know the ETA? PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!......is unobtainable

It may be marginally different than others, but I'm willing to bet that the difference between it and an Orc won't be worth the wait.

FWIW, the proto Volts I threw flew nothing like an Orc...It was slower and shorter with more predictable action....More of a long fairway, where an Orc is definitely a distance driver for me.

FWIW, the proto Volts I threw flew nothing like an Orc...It was slower and shorter with more predictable action....More of a long fairway, where an Orc is definitely a distance driver for me.

I remember someone saying the rim wasn't listed correctly on the PDGA specs, is it actually 2 cm? That is where my Orc comp comes from.

I remember someone saying the rim wasn't listed correctly on the PDGA specs, is it actually 2 cm? That is where my Orc comp comes from.

From the inside edge to the tip of the wing it measures 1.85...Who knows what the PDGA is doing...They also have the Sword's rim width listed as bigger than I measure it. Perhaps they are measuring it from the top of the disc?

If the Volt turns out to be like an Orc Ill buy a million.

Is there truth to this?

Ryan C, what is your relationship to MVP? I'm just curious if we can rely on your information.

I'm not in any way affiliated with MVP. I was poking fun at someone....

From the inside edge to the tip of the wing it measures 1.85...Who knows what the PDGA is doing...They also have the Sword's rim width listed as bigger than I measure it. Perhaps they are measuring it from the top of the disc?

I'm gonna go ahead and back discspeed up on this one. I seriously doubt the pdga uses a licensed metrologist for their disc measurements.

I'm not in any way affiliated with MVP. I was poking fun at someone....

Gotcha.

I'm gonna go ahead and back discspeed up on this one. I seriously doubt the pdga uses a licensed metrologist for their disc measurements.

How hard can it be to measure a disc? They've been doing it for what? 30 years?